SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

The "jump bar" works for me as follows:
-once in the main movies or music screen pushing the RIGHT button all the way to the right triggers the bar.
-navigate up/down with appropriate arrows.

When I utilize "hot keys" (in Gemstone) to navigate to a specific letter, it "breaks" my folder structure so that grouped movies or artists are no longer grouped. The resulting list is a mess. . I then have to go back to the parent flow and re-group.

Here is the movies screen

Here is after I've pressed the M hot key:

As you can see, it has culled a "The Vikings" episode that probably starts with "M" and pulled in TV recordings and other items as well.

With the jump bar "M" is M. With hot keys "M" is 6 and M and N and O on my system.

Last edited by BigSwifty; 11-01-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Sage Expert

Looks like a sorting/search logic issue, instead of doing a search by Series/Movie title it is doing either Title or Episode Name.

It might be going even a step further towards being more inclusive, but hard to call from that screenshot. You might actually be seeing results for episodes or titles that contain the letter "M" in any location. (Lordjim, Numbers)

I don't think that is an intended implementation for Gemstone. So I could see a bug fix happening on at least parts of that even without a feature request.

Edit to add: How do you have a Season 1 Episode 18 of Numb3rs? (Numbers)

There were only 13 episodes in its first season according to tvdb and wikipedia.....

Last edited by Monedeath; 11-01-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monedeath View Post
How do you have a Season 1 Episode 18 of Numb3rs? (Numbers)

There were only 13 episodes in its first season according to tvdb and wikipedia.....
I don't know. I don't watch and never, to my knowledge, recorded Numb3rs. Don't have it as imported media either. Weird.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:20 PM
SageTVaholic

The view you are using is really a default Sagetv view updated in looks only and small feature set for gemstone.

To use gemstone the way it's meant to be used you need to create a Flow and set its view source to something like movies or tv by season and then the resulting flow will be cleaner and work better with the jump keys.

If we were to add a jump bar it would be on the Flows and likely not on the old sagetv views.

Take a look at the flows and you should find them WAY better.

k
Old 01-19-2016, 03:01 PM
Sage User

what plugin to install for gemstone

Is gemstone the plugin for default sagetv 7 or somthing else. I dont see flows
Old 01-19-2016, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Gemstone isn't the default plugin but it is an alternative UI that many, including me, prefer to the stock UI. I also believe it is the only alternative UI that is under development, or at least it will soon be under development. It also incorporates some other plugins such as ADM, which was a Menu Manager.

Phoenix was an alternative UI but is no longer being developed.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Is there a download for the last SageMC release?

I don't have any interest in enhancing SageMC, but, I thought it might be useful if we could just take what is there and create a SageTV9 plugin around it. My guess is that it would still run on SageTV9 (since it's a stv) + some jars. Likely wouldn't be much effort to make this a plugin.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

I grudgingly (at the time) moved from SageMC to Diamond after I started running V7 and I seem to recall that there were some minor UI rendering issues with SageMC under V7 so I imagine there will be some issues like that under V9.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Is there a download for the last SageMC release?

I don't have any interest in enhancing SageMC, but, I thought it might be useful if we could just take what is there and create a SageTV9 plugin around it. My guess is that it would still run on SageTV9 (since it's a stv) + some jars. Likely wouldn't be much effort to make this a plugin.
That would be awesome if you could do this. I can't thank you enough for considering making it a working plugin on v9 but no further development! That is all we need.

I haven't installed v9 yet. Waiting for a hardware item before I can get started but I have been poking about and it seems oshapir is using SageMC on v9. Maybe a plugin already exists on v9?
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62901
Or perhaps he installed the v6 software or v7 plugin somehow and got it working on v9?

My experience with the v7 plugin and what I see in this thread is it didn't work right but there is indication in the thread that it was possible to make it work by using a modified v6 SageMC_169.xml
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...t=48618&page=7

Specifically, today I found this which reportedly is the solution that makes SageMC work on v7 using the linked modified v6 SageMC_169.xml.
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...47&postcount=5

Perhaps all that is needed is for the v7 plugin to get the v6 SageMC_169.xml as described and make it available as a plugin in v9?.

Maybe oshapir and or mkanet know what is needed to make a working plugin you can make available in v9?

Here is the page linking the last pre v7 release that I am aware of 6.3.9a. It is the bug free version I am running now on v6. Here is the forum download thread for it. The last post is the newest 6.5.9a bug free v6 release:
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...t=21435&page=2

I tried to download it just now. I got an error message about not being able to make a secure connection. Maybe it will work for you?:
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/dow...do=file&id=141

If that download is dead I have the original sagemc_6_3_9a_full.zip file I obtained from there in 2009 which I could upload to a place of your choosing or I can provide access to a place I can put it.

Background on SageMC you probably don't need but just trying to be helpful:
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

I can't thank you enough for considering making A SageMC plugin for v9!
Old 01-06-2017, 01:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
That would be awesome if you could do this. I can't thank you enough for considering making it a working plugin on v9 but no further development! That is all we need.

I haven't installed v9 yet. Waiting for a hardware item before I can get started but I have been poking about and it seems oshapir is using SageMC on v9. Maybe a plugin already exists on v9?
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62901
Or perhaps he installed the v6 software or v7 plugin somehow and got it working on v9?

My experience with the v7 plugin and what I see in this thread is it didn't work right but there is indication in the thread that it was possible to make it work by using a modified v6 SageMC_169.xml
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...t=48618&page=7

Specifically, today I found this which reportedly is the solution that makes SageMC work on v7 using the linked modified v6 SageMC_169.xml.
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...47&postcount=5

Perhaps all that is needed is for the v7 plugin to get the v6 SageMC_169.xml as described and make it available as a plugin in v9?.

Maybe oshapir and or mkanet know what is needed to make a working plugin you can make available in v9?

Here is the page linking the last pre v7 release that I am aware of 6.3.9a. It is the bug free version I am running now on v6. Here is the forum download thread for it. The last post is the newest 6.5.9a bug free v6 release:
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...t=21435&page=2

I tried to download it just now. I got an error message about not being able to make a secure connection. Maybe it will work for you?:
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/dow...do=file&id=141

If that download is dead I have the original sagemc_6_3_9a_full.zip file I obtained from there in 2009 which I could upload to a place of your choosing or I can provide access to a place I can put it.

Background on SageMC you probably don't need but just trying to be helpful:
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

I can't thank you enough for considering making A SageMC plugin for v9!
Thanks, Yeah, I found that download link, but it links to google code, which is now defunct... so, if you have the .zip, and I can try to repackage as a plugin this weekend.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage Mc

Im still using Sage MC and Im on V9. Doesn't seem to display properly on the Miniclient which i would like to use, but works fine on my extenders and client

The WAF is high with it!

Is there a way to reverse the the installed files into a zip for you?

I think i download the plugin Last year sometime.

Chris
Old 01-06-2017, 08:53 PM
SageTVaholic

I can upload an earlier version (6.3.3 for instance) but that is not the latest.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
I can upload an earlier version (6.3.3 for instance) but that is not the latest.
Why don't you post it and and I can manually update the files inside the zip with the latest ones to keep the structure if that would work??

Chris
Old 01-07-2017, 04:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Why don't you post it and and I can manually update the files inside the zip with the latest ones to keep the structure if that would work??

Chris
A user sent me the latest, so I'll try to create a plugin for it this weekend... it will be fully unsupported, just a "bridge" to allow people to do an install of v9 and then apply sagemc to get the functionality they had before.

I get the fact that people don't want to do a lot of key presses (I don't), but I think much of that argument is lost to the fact they don't really spend any time configuring something like Gemstone/Phoenix. When I launch SageTV, I'm 1 click away from seeing a list of unwatched shows, grouped by show, ordered by most recently recorded. Yeah, I can navigate down into other sub menus, etc, but, to get the stuff that I need 99% of time, it's 1 click.

Devs put in a ton of time into this. If users spend 1% of that amount of time, and just "tried" to learn something new, it might be an amazing experience, for everyone.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Well, this was apparently much easier than I thought... Since there is ALREADY a SageMC plugin in V7/V9.... I just installed it... so if people really do want the SageMC experience in v9, the plugin is already there...

It appears that someone also has "integrated" into SageTV 7/9, since there is a settings areas that allows you to jump into the sagetv 7 plugin administration, etc.

I did try it on the MiniClient and it's horrible... I have no idea why it would render this way, but, likely my renderer is missing something. Even with animations disabled, it renders badly. I will likely play with this, because while I'm not that concerned for sagemc, I do think that sagemc is highlighting a rendering bug in the miniclient.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:20 AM
Sage User

If you turn animations off, SageMC displays fine on the the android miniclient.

Like some others here, the WAF continues to drive our use of SageMC.

Thanks for all you do Stuckless!
Old 01-07-2017, 09:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Well, this was apparently much easier than I thought... Since there is ALREADY a SageMC plugin in V7/V9.... I just installed it... so if people really do want the SageMC experience in v9, the plugin is already there...

It appears that someone also has "integrated" into SageTV 7/9, since there is a settings areas that allows you to jump into the sagetv 7 plugin administration, etc.

I did try it on the MiniClient and it's horrible... I have no idea why it would render this way, but, likely my renderer is missing something. Even with animations disabled, it renders badly. I will likely play with this, because while I'm not that concerned for sagemc, I do think that sagemc is highlighting a rendering bug in the miniclient.

Yes even with some animations off there is something wrong with the rendering.

Thanks for looking into this.

Chris
Old 01-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Yes even with some animations off there is something wrong with the rendering.

Thanks for looking into this.

Chris
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing... Are you turning animations off in SageMC settings? After I load SageMC on the client, the rendering is completely off. Since i cant get into the SageMC settings in the GUI, I stop the sage service and edit the client's properties file and set "ui/animation/core_enabled=false". I restart sage service and the Mi box works perfectly with SageMC.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatten View Post
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing... Are you turning animations off in SageMC settings? After I load SageMC on the client, the rendering is completely off. Since i cant get into the SageMC settings in the GUI, I stop the sage service and edit the client's properties file and set "ui/animation/core_enabled=false". I restart sage service and the Mi box works perfectly with SageMC.
No I didn't try that. I think it was in the MiniClient setting.

I'll give it a try.

Chris
Old 01-08-2017, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I just posted a new MiniClient release. By using SageMC I was able to find a UI rendering bug, and it's now fixed. SageMC should work with/without animations.