SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV v9 + SageMC + edl comskip files

Hi all,
I'm having trubble getting SageTV v9 + SageMC to recognize .edl files from comskip.

The .edl file are OK, they have the same name as the MPG file...but I can NOT see the "black" stips of the commertials on the time line.

Also tried the default UI + Comskip Playback by JREkiwi plugin...the same.

I have many "old" .edl files that used to work on v7 + sageMC - not working now...

Any idea?
Thanks,
Oren.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Deos anyone uses .edl files from comskip with SageTV v9 and sees the blank parts in the timeline?

If so, how?

Thanks.
Oren.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Not that it helps, but maybe confirms.

I can't get commercial skipping UI in Windows Client. I do have it working in Linux Clients and Android Client but not Windows Client. I add the update, let the STV rebuild and looks the same with no comskip info and no skipping.

I have not tried the Windows Placeshifter though
Old 01-25-2016, 09:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Make sure that the client has the same path to the recorded files as the server. For example, if the server records everything to d:\Recordings, then the client also has to see the files at d:\Recordings in order to see the comskip EDL files and use them.

Also make sure that the user logged in to the client has permissions to read files on the server folder.

Last edited by ranger; 01-25-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Make sure that the client has the same path to the recorded files as the server. For example, if the server records everything to d:\Recordings, then the client also has to see the files at d:\Recordings in order to see the comskip EDL files and use them.

Also make sure that the user logged in to the client has permissions to read files on the server folder.
I'm using a Linux server and I have the folder shared on the network. From the Windows client I can browse to the folder. It looks like this on the server
/home/rick/Storage/SageTV/TV but on Windows client I have to look at it like this \\192.168.1.114\SageTV\TV but I do see it and I can read and write to the folder from the Windows Client. I probably can't get this to work like that. :-) I did install the Windows Placeshifter and it does see comskipping info in the UI just doesn’t do it very well. :-)

Last edited by dranockcir; 01-26-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Problem solved on my PC client!!!!

I just maped the same drive letter (on the client - for instance J to the server drive - which is: tvserver\J

Thanks!
Oren.