SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Utility: Phoenix Tools - Phoenix Renamer

I've released a new, command line, tool for renaming media files (tv and movies only for now). mkanet originally asked if I had time to do so, and I worked with him to iron out the kinks. I'm releasing it here in the event that others may find it useful.

Source Code

Features
  • Renames files and directories
  • Renames associates files (ie, properties, sub titles, etc)
  • Works for both TV and Movies
  • Completely stand alone (ie, doesn't require SageTV)
  • Can provide a custom tv or movie rename mask to customize the renamed file
  • Works on DVDs and BluRay Rips
  • Mult-Platform (windows/linux/mac)
  • Includes a .exe to easily run in windows (.sh on linux)
  • Can use a different output folder for TV or Movies
  • Can execute a script on success or failure (ie, call a script when rename happens)
  • Ability to run and watch a directory for new files, and then rename them, once they arrive, and are not being written to

The GitHub homepage has more in depth documentation on how to use the renamer
https://github.com/stuckless/phoenix-renamer

Last edited by stuckless; 10-03-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you for this! I will be giving it a try later. Appreciate all you do!
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 02-14-2012, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Looks pretty sweet. I have quite a few files with really really old bmt info in them that the name of the actual metadata title is the unc path and file name. Will this tool fix that?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Looks pretty sweet. I have quite a few files with really really old bmt info in them that the name of the actual metadata title is the unc path and file name. Will this tool fix that?
I'm not sure... you can run the tool on a directory or a single file, so it would be easy to test it out. Also if you post a filename, I'm can probably pretty quickly tell you if it will work.

I've had pretty good success with it, and I believe @mkanet has had some good results as well, since he was my primary tester and he uncovered lots of little nuances.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up

Stuckless is being very modest in releasing this utility. Very few people realize that this utility is the "smartest" light-weight media file renamer in existence... with or without sageTV.

Pretty much all standalone renamers out there are not smart enough to actually tell the difference between a movie and TV show. A few weeks back I was looking for a media file renamer; and, quickly found out that I actually have to put each media file in a TV show or Movies folder, or they wont know what to do with them. It's good to know we now have the power of the sageTV phoenix media identification engine outside of sageTV. Thanks Stuckless! I use the phoenix renamer in conjunction with my powerful directory monitoring tool... "WatchDirectory". No scripting knowledge necessary... Just a basic batch file to kick off when a media file is saved in a folder.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 02-14-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm not sure... you can run the tool on a directory or a single file, so it would be easy to test it out. Also if you post a filename, I'm can probably pretty quickly tell you if it will work.

I've had pretty good success with it, and I believe @mkanet has had some good results as well, since he was my primary tester and he uncovered lots of little nuances.
I think I may have misunderstood the purpose of this tool. It doesn't actually gather metadata, it just renames the file/folder with what the title BMT comes up with. Right?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I think I may have misunderstood the purpose of this tool. It doesn't actually gather metadata, it just renames the file/folder with what the title BMT comes up with. Right?
It does use BMT's metadata engine (ie, Phoenix) to do the lookups, but it's actually a little smarter than Phoenix in that it will look at the filename and find a match, and if no match is found, then it will also look at the folder name and attempt a match on it. It does the metadata lookup so that it knows the correct title for renaming. If it can't find a metadata hit, then it will no rename anything.

For example, if your movie is called
c:\media\Salt\movie.mkv
then Phoenix/BMT will fail, but the this rename will still find the correct hit by looking at the folder name as well.

Hope that clarifies things.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Sage Expert

Just curious, but does it use the existing MediaTitles.xml, or something similar?
Old 02-14-2012, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

It doesnt need anything except for an Internet connection to rename any media file. This would work for people who dont even have sageTV installed; although, it knows to rename .properties files, subtitle files, etc in a folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargason View Post
Just curious, but does it use the existing MediaTitles.xml, or something similar?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-14-2012, 08:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargason View Post
When you first run the tool it will create a PhoenixHome directory in the .exe directory. In there will be a sagetv/ folder and you can copy your MediaTitles.xml from your sagetv installation into the corresponding area under the sagetv directory.

This tool is basically a stand-alone version of Phoenix so it has it's own configuration areas outside of the normal phoenix area.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Sage Icon

Nice work! I'll be checking this out most definitely.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Great work... again!

It looks like this will be my new renamer tool. So far it renamed everything I have thrown at it... and correctly

Question - is there any way to adjust the output name format? I am a little picky about the output but it's not a huge issue... just thought I might be able to change an XML configuration file somewhere to make...

Two and a Half Men - S09E16 - Sips, Sonnets and Sodomy.avi

Look like...

Two and a Half Men S09E16 Sips, Sonnets and Sodomy.avi

k
Old 02-15-2012, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Great work... again!

It looks like this will be my new renamer tool. So far it renamed everything I have thrown at it... and correctly

Question - is there any way to adjust the output name format? I am a little picky about the output but it's not a huge issue... just thought I might be able to change an XML configuration file somewhere to make...

Two and a Half Men - S09E16 - Sips, Sonnets and Sodomy.avi

Look like...

Two and a Half Men S09E16 Sips, Sonnets and Sodomy.avi

k
The first round, I didn't add support for changing the output file format. I'll look at adding support for that in future releases.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

For Windows uses like myself... tip:

Create a desktop shortcut of the "phoenix-renamer.exe" file (right click it and pick Send To - Desktop (create shortcut)).

Then just drag and drop 1 or more files to be renamed onto the shortcut... and the magic begins!!!! Quick and easy way to do renaming.

k
Old 02-18-2012, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Phoenix Renamer 1.0.2

I've updated a new build. This build includes the following

- Bug fixes (issue when renaming files that were already renamed)
- Better support for TVDB for files that have "and" instead of "&"
- Added support to use a custom tv or movie mask so that you customize the renamed file (ie, some people didn't want the default 'Title - S##E## - Episode', so you can use your own mask from the keywords, MediaTitle, EpisodeName, SeasonNumber, EpisodeNumber, and Year)
Old 02-18-2012, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the fixes/enhancements.

Each of the fixes work as expected and the enhancement for the control on the masks is a great feature.

k
Old 02-18-2012, 02:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks!!!

Quote:
I've updated a new build. This build includes the following

- Bug fixes (issue when renaming files that were already renamed)
- Better support for TVDB for files that have "and" instead of "&"
- Added support to use a custom tv or movie mask so that you customize the renamed file (ie, some people didn't want the default 'Title - S##E## - Episode', so you can use your own mask from the keywords, MediaTitle, EpisodeName, SeasonNumber, EpisodeNumber, and Year)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-18-2012, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Thanks for the fixes/enhancements.

Each of the fixes work as expected and the enhancement for the control on the masks is a great feature.

k
I haven't tested this, but you may be able to specify the mask in the standalone.properties as well...

Code:
phoenix/renamer/tvMask=YOUR MASK
phoenix/renamer/movieMask=YOUR MASK
standalone.properties is in the PhoenixHome which is in the same location as the .exe file.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Stuckless!

This is a great utility.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I haven't tested this, but you may be able to specify the mask in the standalone.properties as well...

Code:
phoenix/renamer/tvMask=YOUR MASK
phoenix/renamer/movieMask=YOUR MASK
standalone.properties is in the PhoenixHome which is in the same location as the .exe file.
I just tested this and it does work for setting the Masks in the standalone.properties file.

Excellent.

k