SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 06-10-2021, 05:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
OK. I am getting smarter. GetMediaFileForName resides in a Javascript file in ../server/sagex/services/plex.js. It is like an add-on to the API, written for the Plex plugin.

For some reason, Java 16 is not accessing / running /including the Javascript code as it is supposed to. The resulting error is "java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "javax.script.ScriptEngine.getBindings(int)" because "engine" is null". Since I do Python, and not Java, I need to learn more to figure out if I can fix it. If anyone has any thoughts, let me know.

Meanwhile, investigating.
I wanted to close the loop on this, in case future questions come up.

https://www.oracle.com/java/technolo...ml#JDK-8236933

The javascript engine that allows the Plex scanner to retrieve the data has been removed in Java 16.

To get the Plex scanner working again, in Java 16 or later, will require code modifications in the plugin. I may take a whack at it, as it is Python. However, it looks like it is Python V2, and I moved to Python V3 in the last year. I am not sure which machine I could use to do testing.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 06-10-2021, 07:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Once I have OpenDCT running on my unRAID, I am assuming that I can also use these OpenDCT tuners on multiple SageTV servers? I have a backup server running Windows with SageTV as well so I will want to set up my OpenDCT tuners on there.
I would assume you can use these turners with any SageTV server on the same subnet of your network. My experience with my old server was any other temp server I had on the same subnet would see the opendct tuners on that machine. So I have no reason to believe it will not work.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey guys - have just finished going through the process of switching from a windows server to running sage on linux dockers - challenging time to do it given the bintray issues....

As part of this I updated the OpenDCT docker image to use GitHub rather than BinTray which you can find here if you need it:
https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/00madz/opendct
There are 2 tags:
The crazifuzzy tag is basically fuzzy's original image, updated to pull from GitHub instead of BinTray although I did make a change as it seemed to be installing OpenDCT each startup.
The latest tag is my version where I also changed hard-coded user ids etc to suit my system.
If you were previously using crazifuzzy's docker you probably want to stick with the one tagged crazifuzzy.

I'm probably not likely to maintain this much though as I've also forked stuckless' awesome sagetv docker image collection and modified the base image to run OpenDCT as a daemon - this gives me just a single container for sagetv and works nicely for my use case (on a synology) as I run it with a macvlan network so I don't need to use host network option and clash with other services and the sage server box gets its own ip address etc.

@stuckless not sure if you're open to having OpenDCT as part of your docker image if so, let me know and i'll submit changes by PR so you can look them over. I know from a docker purist point of view some will prefer OpenDCT run separately, so if you're in that camp, that's cool.

I've also got a java7 version working again so can submit those changes (though haven't tested OpenDCT running on that yet).

I'm running java8 and I ran into the no such method issues discussed earlier as a result of the jdk9 compile. I ended up copying the jars etc from my v9.1.8 windows install and that works fine so that will do for now, already spent way too long on this (first foray into docker and linux etc).
Old 06-11-2021, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madz View Post
Hey guys - have just finished going through the process of switching from a windows server to running sage on linux dockers - challenging time to do it given the bintray issues....

As part of this I updated the OpenDCT docker image to use GitHub rather than BinTray which you can find here if you need it:
https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/00madz/opendct
There are 2 tags:
The crazifuzzy tag is basically fuzzy's original image, updated to pull from GitHub instead of BinTray although I did make a change as it seemed to be installing OpenDCT each startup.
The latest tag is my version where I also changed hard-coded user ids etc to suit my system.
If you were previously using crazifuzzy's docker you probably want to stick with the one tagged crazifuzzy.

I'm probably not likely to maintain this much though as I've also forked stuckless' awesome sagetv docker image collection and modified the base image to run OpenDCT as a daemon - this gives me just a single container for sagetv and works nicely for my use case (on a synology) as I run it with a macvlan network so I don't need to use host network option and clash with other services and the sage server box gets its own ip address etc.

@stuckless not sure if you're open to having OpenDCT as part of your docker image if so, let me know and i'll submit changes by PR so you can look them over. I know from a docker purist point of view some will prefer OpenDCT run separately, so if you're in that camp, that's cool.

I've also got a java7 version working again so can submit those changes (though haven't tested OpenDCT running on that yet).

I'm running java8 and I ran into the no such method issues discussed earlier as a result of the jdk9 compile. I ended up copying the jars etc from my v9.1.8 windows install and that works fine so that will do for now, already spent way too long on this (first foray into docker and linux etc).
I think it would make sense to have an ENV var to start opendct from the same container. If you want to create a PR I can review that and merge it in, and, try to rebuild the containers sometime over the next couple of weeks.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks guys!
Old 06-11-2021, 05:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I think it would make sense to have an ENV var to start opendct from the same container. If you want to create a PR I can review that and merge it in, and, try to rebuild the containers sometime over the next couple of weeks.
Great, thanks!

Yes its mostly hidden behind a OPT_OPENDCT env variable, similar to GENTUNER and COMSKIP, but the only thing that is a bit of an issue is the extra volume mappings needed - I wasn't sure how to have those as optional? If you don't map them and nothing uses them not sure if the anonymous volumes will still be created in docker? (or if it's a big deal if they do)

I'm having trouble generating PRs that have (just) the relevant changes, I'll try and figure out how to do it, but in the meantime stuckless do you want to maybe look through my branches and pick what you'd like or pull everything into a branch your side and pick out what you feel comfortable incorporating?
https://github.com/00madz/sagetv-dockers/branches/all

I notice you have the 9.2.5.168 download link hard-coded at the moment, I spent a fair bit of time trying to replace the upgrade script so it still supports the VERSION env variable (LASTEST, BETA, specific version etc) so that stuff might be some use?

I also have a TV recordings share/folder that sits outside my media folder so I put a separate volume mapping in for that (although haven't tested backwards compatibility if pointed back inside the media volume).

I also made some changes with the how the set permissions option works so it always updates core/critical perms but the option controls whether it goes nuts on your media and tv files or not
Coming over from windows my media folders are named Videos, Pictures, Music etc and so set perms now checks for either casing.

Plus fixes for the java7 and 8 containers - although for 7 i actually included some (pre-downloaded) libraries not sure if okay/acceptable to do that or should perhaps just download them on the fly like you've done for java8? The URLs where I got them are in the comments I believe.

Anyway I don't want to make a lot of work for you - i think we are all so grateful you continue to maintain these great resources so I'd just like to contribute however I can to that - would have liked to be giving you just a couple of different PRs to simply accept/decline, but although I've made changes in branches it's branching git style I guess so not as segregated as one might like...
Old 06-12-2021, 04:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Great, thanks!

Yes its mostly hidden behind a OPT_OPENDCT env variable, similar to GENTUNER and COMSKIP, but the only thing that is a bit of an issue is the extra volume mappings needed - I wasn't sure how to have those as optional? If you don't map them and nothing uses them not sure if the anonymous volumes will still be created in docker? (or if it's a big deal if they do)
I think the columns are fine, and, eventually if we update the unRAID template you we can default them to sane defaults (like we do for the column mappings)

Quote:
I'm having trouble generating PRs that have (just) the relevant changes, I'll try and figure out how to do it, but in the meantime stuckless do you want to maybe look through my branches and pick what you'd like or pull everything into a branch your side and pick out what you feel comfortable incorporating?
https://github.com/00madz/sagetv-dockers/branches/all
I think you can do the following
1. your master branch is behind mine by 2 commits, so you should use the "fetch upstream" link and just update and resolve conflicts (even if you don't intend to use the changes), otherwise it will be hard to create a PR.
2. merge whatever branches your want to into your master
3. open the PR

I compared your master to mine to see what you changed, and it all looked fine.

Alternatively, you can could also post your docker images to dockerhub, if you didn't want to merge with mine, etc.

Quote:
I notice you have the 9.2.5.168 download link hard-coded at the moment, I spent a fair bit of time trying to replace the upgrade script so it still supports the VERSION env variable (LASTEST, BETA, specific version etc) so that stuff might be some use?
Yeah that's just sloppy updating on my part I went through the effort to find the version but then I didn't use it in the URL

Your way is much cleaner (I didn't notice, but you add jq to the container?)

Quote:
I also have a TV recordings share/folder that sits outside my media folder so I put a separate volume mapping in for that (although haven't tested backwards compatibility if pointed back inside the media volume).

I also made some changes with the how the set permissions option works so it always updates core/critical perms but the option controls whether it goes nuts on your media and tv files or not
Coming over from windows my media folders are named Videos, Pictures, Music etc and so set perms now checks for either casing.
Sounds reasonable.

Quote:
Plus fixes for the java7 and 8 containers - although for 7 i actually included some (pre-downloaded) libraries not sure if okay/acceptable to do that or should perhaps just download them on the fly like you've done for java8? The URLs where I got them are in the comments I believe.
The reason to download them on the fly is really just that so I need to check them into the git repo (or have some some script outside the docker container to download them). My guess is that you did this to speed up the container building? Since you are copying those files into the container (the .debs), I'd have a command to remove them after install to reduce the container size. (maybe you are doing that and I missed it).

Quote:
Anyway I don't want to make a lot of work for you - i think we are all so grateful you continue to maintain these great resources so I'd just like to contribute however I can to that - would have liked to be giving you just a couple of different PRs to simply accept/decline, but although I've made changes in branches it's branching git style I guess so not as segregated as one might like...
I try to find small windows of time to make sure things are still working. So, if you make the changes, and create the PRs, I'll find some time to push updates to the containers.

btw, does your containers work with the latest Linux build of sagetv? I ran into some issues where the build was compiled with Java 9 and thus having some issues running in the java8 container.
Old 06-29-2021, 12:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Gemstone not working with 16?

Guys, ever since I "updated" the java8 docker I've been plagued with issues..

So I changed to the java16 version and I was, at least, able to start up.
But now Sage UI is extremely slow to work I noticed lately. I was using Gemstone and it's horrible now. I switched back to the default UI and it's responsive again.. but I really don't want to stick with the default UI.
Is there anyway to get Gemstone to work again?

What other UI's are you guys using? We don't use sage nearly as much as before... but we use it enough that I was getting a lot of complaints from the family! :-)
Old 06-29-2021, 06:28 PM
Sage Icon

If your Java heap size turned up sufficiently? If it slows with plugins it sounds like you are running out.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
If your Java heap size turned up sufficiently? If it slows with plugins it sounds like you are running out.
I'm pretty sure it's not a heap issue.. I have the heap plugin that shows me at the top of the ui how I'm doing. And It seems fine,(I think)... It seems like it struggles trying to load the background images. (actually they never load)

Does the java16 version require so much more heap? I have 3072MB.... Because Gemstone worked fine with the old java8 docker.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 06-30-2021, 10:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

I finally looked at the logs and I'm getting a bunch of these while trying to navigate the menus with gemstone..

Code:
Wed 6/30 12:29:58.368 [AWTThreadWatcher-000c296061c1@5cc7551] EventThread-000c296061c1 Hang Detected - hang time = 2251 UILocker=Thread[ActiveRender-000c296061c1,2,main]
Wed 6/30 12:29:59.120 [AWTThreadWatcher-000c296061c1@5cc7551] EventThread-000c296061c1 Hang Detected - hang time = 3003 UILocker=Thread[ActiveRender-000c296061c1,2,main]
Wed 6/30 12:29:59.871 [AWTThreadWatcher-000c296061c1@5cc7551] EventThread-000c296061c1 Hang Detected - hang time = 3754 UILocker=Thread[ActiveRender-000c296061c1,2,main]
Old 06-30-2021, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

If you can share more of the details surrounding the “hang time” and any thread dumps afterwards that would help.

Also, if you suspect an image loading issue take a look at this thread. In the text of the post from me there’s a setting to try that made a huge difference for several users. It may well have gotten worse with Java16. https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=15

Basically, set ui/load_images_with_awt_toolkit=false in sage.properties.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Well I found is the issue-ish... it has to do with the weather part of Gemstone. Yahoo turned off it's free weather API and it reverts to some darksky something.. I guess darksky weather is broken and causing it to be real sluggish. I switched back to yahoo (which just reports the wrong temp) but I've read that it will revert again to darksky on a restart. (I haven't tried that)

So it had nothing to do with java16... it just seemed to happen at the same time! So I look elsewhere for a solution...

Jim
Old 09-06-2021, 10:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
Well I found is the issue-ish... it has to do with the weather part of Gemstone. Yahoo turned off it's free weather API and it reverts to some darksky something.. I guess darksky weather is broken and causing it to be real sluggish. I switched back to yahoo (which just reports the wrong temp) but I've read that it will revert again to darksky on a restart. (I haven't tried that)

So it had nothing to do with java16... it just seemed to happen at the same time! So I look elsewhere for a solution...

Jim
I have the same issue... I see this in my trace. How do I disable weather completely in SageTV? I don't need it or use it.

Code:
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.019 [SageTV@6f68a534] Done starting core plugins.
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.020 [PSNATMGR@4a24ddc9] Starting UPnP NAT Manager...
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.919 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] For location '', found instance= sage.google.weather.GoogleWeather@99f9c39
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.919 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] instance for '' = sage.google.weather.GoogleWeather@99f9c39
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.919 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] Catbert Static Field lookup Failure for:PHOENIX_GOOGLE_WEATHER
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.919 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: PHOENIX.GOOGLE
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.919 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.lang.NullPointerException
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:559)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.Catbert$ReflectedJEPFunction.run(Catbert.java:2142)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.jep.JEP$CommandEvaluator.evaluate(JEP.java:586)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.jep.JEP.getValueAsObject(JEP.java:428)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.Catbert.evaluateExpression(Catbert.java:641)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.api.WidgetAPI$30.runSafely(WidgetAPI.java:605)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.PredefinedJEPFunction.run(PredefinedJEPFunction.java:110)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.Catbert.evaluateAction(Catbert.java:1663)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.SageTV.api(SageTV.java:78)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.remote.EmbeddedSageAPIProvider.callService(EmbeddedSageAPIProvider.java:16)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.SageAPI.call(SageAPI.java:173)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.api.WidgetAPI.EvaluateExpression(WidgetAPI.java:830)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.initServices(Phoenix.java:333)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.phoenix.plugin.PhoenixPlugin.onPluginsLoaded(PhoenixPlugin.java:277)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.ja
va:43)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.plugin.AbstractPlugin.invoke(AbstractPlugin.java:262)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.plugin.AbstractPlugin.sageEvent(AbstractPlugin.java:196)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.plugin.PluginEventManager.run(PluginEventManager.java:258)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.923 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.jep.ParseException: Error in method reflection of sage_google_w
eather_GoogleWeather_getNWSZipCode of java.lang.NullPointerException for:sage_google_weather_GoogleWeather_getNWSZipCode(PHOENIX_GOOGLE_WEATHER)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.923 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.jep.ParseException: Error in method reflection of sage_google_weather_GoogleWeather_getNWSZip
Code of java.lang.NullPointerException

Server hardware: i7-7700@3.6GHz, ASUSTek Prime H270 Pro, R5 case, 32GB, 2x250GB M.2 SSD cache (raid1), 12TB pool, HDHR Dual Tuner, HDHR Extend, CM 4221/7778
Server software: unRAID 6.9.2, SageTV v9, SageMC (high WAF), SD EPG, dockers (SageTV, Plex, Emby, Unifi Controller, Sonarr, OpenVPN, DelugeVPN, Logitech Media Center, etc.), VMs
Clients: 3 x HD300, Placeshifters, 4 x FireStick4K+Android Miniclient, iOS devices+Plex
Old 09-07-2021, 06:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenner View Post
I have the same issue... I see this in my trace. How do I disable weather completely in SageTV? I don't need it or use it.

Code:
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.019 [SageTV@6f68a534] Done starting core plugins.
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.020 [PSNATMGR@4a24ddc9] Starting UPnP NAT Manager...
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.919 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] For location '', found instance= sage.google.weather.GoogleWeather@99f9c39
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.919 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] instance for '' = sage.google.weather.GoogleWeather@99f9c39
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.919 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] Catbert Static Field lookup Failure for:PHOENIX_GOOGLE_WEATHER
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.919 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: PHOENIX.GOOGLE
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.919 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.lang.NullPointerException
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:559)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.Catbert$ReflectedJEPFunction.run(Catbert.java:2142)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.jep.JEP$CommandEvaluator.evaluate(JEP.java:586)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.jep.JEP.getValueAsObject(JEP.java:428)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.Catbert.evaluateExpression(Catbert.java:641)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.api.WidgetAPI$30.runSafely(WidgetAPI.java:605)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.920 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.PredefinedJEPFunction.run(PredefinedJEPFunction.java:110)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.Catbert.evaluateAction(Catbert.java:1663)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.SageTV.api(SageTV.java:78)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.remote.EmbeddedSageAPIProvider.callService(EmbeddedSageAPIProvider.java:16)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.SageAPI.call(SageAPI.java:173)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.api.WidgetAPI.EvaluateExpression(WidgetAPI.java:830)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.initServices(Phoenix.java:333)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.phoenix.plugin.PhoenixPlugin.onPluginsLoaded(PhoenixPlugin.java:277)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.921 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.ja
va:43)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.plugin.AbstractPlugin.invoke(AbstractPlugin.java:262)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sagex.plugin.AbstractPlugin.sageEvent(AbstractPlugin.java:196)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.plugin.PluginEventManager.run(PluginEventManager.java:258)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.922 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.923 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.jep.ParseException: Error in method reflection of sage_google_w
eather_GoogleWeather_getNWSZipCode of java.lang.NullPointerException for:sage_google_weather_GoogleWeather_getNWSZipCode(PHOENIX_GOOGLE_WEATHER)
Mon 9/6 23:34:11.923 [PluginEventQueue@3a21738b] sage.jep.ParseException: Error in method reflection of sage_google_weather_GoogleWeather_getNWSZip
Code of java.lang.NullPointerException
The Phoenix issue above should not affect anything and will remain until someone updates the Phoenix code, but gemstone was updated and if u have the latest version weather should work properly

Can you supply more details on the issue you are having and what versions you have.

K
Old 10-22-2021, 11:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

@madz, I see several containers at https://github.com/00madz/sagetv-dockers/branches/all

I am running 9.2.2 with Java 7 currently, but want to upgrade to the latest 9.2.6 so I know I need to upgrade Java. However, I am currently using SageAlerts and need to keep it working if possible, and it broke when I tried to upgrade to any of the updated stuckless images such as Java 11.

And I'd like to have access to Github plugin downloads rather than bintray, which I think you have taken care of, which is why I was looking at your docker images.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

This Java issue may be related to issues with the Jetty webserver which SageAlert uses. Check out jusjoken's thread on updating the SageTV Web plugin, if you haven't already.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:27 PM
SageTVaholic

I think u r in a catch 22 here. To use many of the plugins in the v9 repository u need Java 8 or higher due to https links but then the jetty based plugins struggle with Java 8 or higher.

I am working to update jetty and working with others to get the jetty plugins updated to work with newer Java and jetty but it will take time as its complex and new ground to me.

K
Old 10-22-2021, 04:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I think u r in a catch 22 here. To use many of the plugins in the v9 repository u need Java 8 or higher due to https links but then the jetty based plugins struggle with Java 8 or higher.

I am working to update jetty and working with others to get the jetty plugins updated to work with newer Java and jetty but it will take time as its complex and new ground to me.

K
Yes, and it was all working with Java 8 too but the updated container broke Java 8 support.

For unrelated reasons I've started setting up a new Windows SageTV server as a network tuner, so I think I'm going to migrate from the docker to it as my main server for now. So far I've been able to install everything I need.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

I can't seem to get the 9.2.6.1 release of SageTV. I've tried specifying both 'latest' and '9.2.6.1' for the version variable. I've tried both the Java9 and Java16 versions of the stuckless Dockers (with unRAID). But the version of SageTV seems to remain stuck on 9.2.5.168. Is this expected?
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K