SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

@stuckless my attempts to roll back have not worked. I can restore the files, and change the container to Java 8, but it looks like it keeps automatically downloading the newer files on top of what I restore and updating the version to 9.2.5. If I restore the 9.2.2 JAR file it works but some functionality like my HDHR doesn't work.

Is there a way to stop it from downloading the update and overwriting my older files? Or could you restore the previous Java 8 container?
Old 06-07-2021, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
@stuckless my attempts to roll back have not worked. I can restore the files, and change the container to Java 8, but it looks like it keeps automatically downloading the newer files on top of what I restore and updating the version to 9.2.5. If I restore the 9.2.2 JAR file it works but some functionality like my HDHR doesn't work.

Is there a way to stop it from downloading the update and overwriting my older files? Or could you restore the previous Java 8 container?
I cannot restore the previous java 8 container... this java 8 container replaces the previous one. You can switch to Java 7... or in this Java 8 one... shut it down, restore your files, and int he container configuration, instead of "latest" for the version, use some other version #, and see if that works.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I cannot restore the previous java 8 container... this java 8 container replaces the previous one. You can switch to Java 7... or in this Java 8 one... shut it down, restore your files, and int he container configuration, instead of "latest" for the version, use some other version #, and see if that works.
I did as you suggested for Java 8 with partial success. SageAlerts works again, but now I can't record from my HDHR Connect Quatro which is OTA. My HDHR Primes that work with OpenDCT work fine. I had quit using the Quatro with OpenDCT a while back because of a different problem and switched to native HDHR control.

I think I will try Java 7 and see what happens.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I did as you suggested for Java 8 with partial success. SageAlerts works again, but now I can't record from my HDHR Connect Quatro which is OTA. My HDHR Primes that work with OpenDCT work fine. I had quit using the Quatro with OpenDCT a while back because of a different problem and switched to native HDHR control.

I think I will try Java 7 and see what happens.
Okay, with Java 7 everything seems to be working again.

Question, is it safe/okay to copy over the latest JAR file?

Thanks again @stuckless!
Old 06-08-2021, 04:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Okay, with Java 7 everything seems to be working again.

Question, is it safe/okay to copy over the latest JAR file?

Thanks again @stuckless!
I would not, since that was the issue with the Java 8 container. ie, the Java 8 container is perfectly OK, but it automatically downloads the latest sagetv which is compiled for java 9 and doesn't work under Java 8. ie, it's a sagetv build issue not a docker container issue.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I would not, since that was the issue with the Java 8 container. ie, the Java 8 container is perfectly OK, but it automatically downloads the latest sagetv which is compiled for java 9 and doesn't work under Java 8. ie, it's a sagetv build issue not a docker container issue.
So before trying Java 7, I tried Java 8 and changed the version so it wouldn't download the update. It was running 9.2.2.268 and still didn't work correctly as I mentioned below, my HDHR Quatro using native tuning didn't work properly. So I'm not sure the Java 8 container is perfectly okay.

Regardless, I really appreciate your help and updates since you aren't a SageTV user anymore.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just installed the telnet client... I interpreted the question "does it have telnet" to mean does it have a telnet client.
I asked for this to be included as it facilitates using telnet scripting to turn on or reboot SageTV extenders. I have most of my extenders "power on" when the docker restarts.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
My HDHR Primes that work with OpenDCT work fine. I had quit using the Quatro with OpenDCT a while back because of a different problem and switched to native HDHR control.
Can you post a link to the process to get OpenDCT running? Does it run in its own docker or in the SageTV docker?
Old 06-09-2021, 10:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Can you post a link to the process to get OpenDCT running? Does it run in its own docker or in the SageTV docker?
I'm not aware of a guide, but you can find the docker for OpenDCT in Community Applications on your Unraid server. If you haven't already installed CA then you should, seriously.

I'm pretty sure I just installed the docker, started it, stopped it after a few minutes (to let it discover my HDHR's, then edited the properties (or config, whichever) file to match what I had running in Windows. It really wasn't hard.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It runs in its own Docker container. The openDCT support link is found HERE in the Hardware Support Forum. There are 101 pages to wade through. Search will be your friend. I just checked my server and it says that the OpenDCT docker resides in the same repository, Stuckless', where the Sage Dockers reside. Setup involves running it in console mode for 30 seconds or so. It will do a scan. Then you can update the config, as needed and you should not have to touch it again.

Related to Java 16, I updated my server because it seemed to make sense at the time. Now I find that the Plex Sage Scanner no longer is working because the Sagex API GetMediaFileForName no longer exists / works (at least in my case). That's OK, because I use Plex more for imported files than Sage Recordings. I wonder what's going on.

Should we find a place to collect a list of impacts / things that break with Java 11 and 16? or is that here?
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 06-10-2021, 11:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post

Related to Java 16, I updated my server because it seemed to make sense at the time. Now I find that the Plex Sage Scanner no longer is working because the Sagex API GetMediaFileForName no longer exists / works (at least in my case).
OK. I am getting smarter. GetMediaFileForName resides in a Javascript file in ../server/sagex/services/plex.js. It is like an add-on to the API, written for the Plex plugin.

For some reason, Java 16 is not accessing / running /including the Javascript code as it is supposed to. The resulting error is "java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "javax.script.ScriptEngine.getBindings(int)" because "engine" is null". Since I do Python, and not Java, I need to learn more to figure out if I can fix it. If anyone has any thoughts, let me know.

Meanwhile, investigating.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
It runs in its own Docker container. The openDCT support link is found HERE in the Hardware Support Forum. There are 101 pages to wade through. Search will be your friend. I just checked my server and it says that the OpenDCT docker resides in the same repository, Stuckless', where the Sage Dockers reside. Setup involves running it in console mode for 30 seconds or so. It will do a scan. Then you can update the config, as needed and you should not have to touch it again.
I installed the OpenDCT docker last night and it did install but I am not sure that it is working properly and it seems to stop after a while. When I look at the logs (see below) there are some errors but I don't know if these are only related to bintray no longer existing or if they are bigger issues. But I am not sure how you run it in console mode in a docker. Do you have to start an ssh session in the docker and run some commands?

Nothing is populated in the appdata folder other than creating folders called /appdata/opendct/etc, /appdata/opendct/log and /appdata/opendct/opt - but these folders are all completely empty.

Docker log:
Code:
Errors were encountered while processing:
opendct_-1_amd64.deb
ownership of '/opt/opendct' retained as sagetv:sagetv
ownership of '/etc/opendct' retained as 99:sagetv
ownership of '/var/log/opendct' retained as 99:sagetv
ownership of '/var/run' retained as root:sagetv
mkdir: cannot create directory '/var/run': File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory '/var/run/opendct': File exists
OpenDCT Install Complete :-)
/usr/bin/install-opendct.sh: line 41: /etc/opendct/conf/opendct.properties: No such file or directory
Launching OpenDCT
/usr/bin/install-opendct.sh: line 44: /opt/opendct/console-only: No such file or directory
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
Installing OpenDCT ...
--2021-06-10 13:29:12-- https://dl.bintray.com/opendct/Releases/releases//opendct_-1_amd64.deb
Resolving dl.bintray.com (dl.bintray.com)... 52.43.227.140, 52.42.38.157, 52.40.89.93, ...
Connecting to dl.bintray.com (dl.bintray.com)|52.43.227.140|:443... connected.
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
Installing OpenDCT ...
--2021-06-10 13:29:12-- https://dl.bintray.com/opendct/Releases/releases//opendct_-1_amd64.deb
Resolving dl.bintray.com (dl.bintray.com)... 52.43.227.140, 52.42.38.157, 52.40.89.93, ...
Connecting to dl.bintray.com (dl.bintray.com)|52.43.227.140|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2021-06-10 13:29:13 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

dpkg-deb: error: 'opendct_-1_amd64.deb' is not a debian format archive
dpkg: error processing archive opendct_-1_amd64.deb (--install):
subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
Old 06-10-2021, 12:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I installed the OpenDCT docker last night and it did install but I am not sure that it is working properly and it seems to stop after a while.
The original container points at bintray so it will not load properly or work. There is however a new docker container for OpenDCT forked off the original which I have installed (it looks to Github) and it appears to be working properly after about a day of testing. Work was done by Madz and the container is here to pull down and give this container a try:

https://github.com/00madz/opendct-docker

Once installed I had to make some edits to the opendct properties file to get Exoplayer to work on Android Clients but otherwise it seems to be working well.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Nothing is populated in the appdata folder other than creating folders called /appdata/opendct/etc, /appdata/opendct/log and /appdata/opendct/opt - but these folders are all completely empty.
Attached is the folder structure of opendct on my server. Many of the sub-folders have files in them. If yours are empty, then my guess it is the bintray thing that prevented the download of the code.

I would advise pinging @EnterNoEscape, author of opendct. You can do that in a private message or on the hardware subforum link in my earlier comment, above. I am not sure he does Unraid, but he would need to be involved if the container needs updating.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.616.jpg (64.9 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by egeller; 06-10-2021 at 12:29 PM. Reason: quote fix
Old 06-10-2021, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
But I am not sure how you run it in console mode in a docker. Do you have to start an ssh session in the docker and run some commands?
On the Unraid web gui, left clicking on the icon immediately to the left of the docker name should bring up a small menu. The second item in the menu should say "Console". Click on that, and a console window is displayed.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 06-10-2021, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
The original container points at bintray so it will not load properly or work. There is however a new docker container for OpenDCT forked off the original which I have installed (it looks to Github) and it appears to be working properly after about a day of testing. Work was done by Madz and the container is here to pull down and give this container a try:

https://github.com/00madz/opendct-docker

Once installed I had to make some edits to the opendct properties file to get Exoplayer to work on Android Clients but otherwise it seems to be working well.
How do you install dockers manually? I always just click on install from the CA plugin. And are there any parameters that you have to set, like the folder paths?
Old 06-10-2021, 03:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
How do you install dockers manually? I always just click on install from the CA plugin. And are there any parameters that you have to set, like the folder paths?
If I recall (and I am no expert) I clicked on the original Template and changed the download location to "00madz/opendct" and named it opendct. If it is successful it should load and stay loaded without shutting down. You should also see files under the openDCT directories in appdata.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks - that got it up and running. Now I do see additional folders and the opendct.properties file is populated with info, including from my HDHR tuners.

I was able to start an ssh into the docker with "docker exec -it opendct /bin/bash" from an ssh session on the unRAID server.

But when I go to run the console it is already running. Do you need to run the console manually in unRAID?

Once I get that sorted out I can start to do the config.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thanks - that got it up and running. Now I do see additional folders and the opendct.properties file is populated with info, including from my HDHR tuners.

I was able to start an ssh into the docker with "docker exec -it opendct /bin/bash" from an ssh session on the unRAID server.

But when I go to run the console it is already running. Do you need to run the console manually in unRAID?

Once I get that sorted out I can start to do the config.
I did not run the console at all. I think it runs at startup but I did not manually run it.

The edits I did were around these settings and in your opendct.properties file, make sure for each tuner you have this set:

sagetv.device.-XXXXXXXXX.consumer=opendct.consumer.FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl

It seemed t default to this:
sagetv.device.-746196406.consumer=opendct.consumer.DynamicConsumerImpl

And with the default settings ExoPlayer did not work on my android devices using my HDHR Primes for Live TV and recordings pulled from the new OpenDCT Docker......
Old 06-10-2021, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks. I am just playing around with OpenDCT right now as I am not 100% sure that I need it. I am not really using the AndroidTV client right now as I have lots of extenders and I find that they work more reliably. But OpenDCT has the advantage of dealing with tuner contention.

Once I have OpenDCT running on my unRAID, I am assuming that I can also use these OpenDCT tuners on multiple SageTV servers? I have a backup server running Windows with SageTV as well so I will want to set up my OpenDCT tuners on there.