SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:35 AM
Sage Icon

BMT Failed to Install

Is there an issue? Getting:

Plugin Server Install Progress: Done - FAILED - Resource Download https://dl.bintray.com/opensagetv/sa...ar-4.101.0.zip

If I try the url in a browser, it returns: Forbidden!
Old 05-04-2021, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Is there an issue? Getting:

Plugin Server Install Progress: Done - FAILED - Resource Download https://dl.bintray.com/opensagetv/sa...ar-4.101.0.zip

If I try the url in a browser, it returns: Forbidden!
Bintray is no longer. There will likely be several things broken as a result.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:20 AM
Sage Icon

Is someone able to move it to the current repository?
Old 05-05-2021, 06:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Is someone able to move it to the current repository?
Not sure there is a "current repository". I checked the plugins XML and there are at least 80 references to bintray, so, this doesn't bode well for plugins.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Bintray is no longer. There will likely be several things broken as a result.
WTF - When did this happen? One or two files are still there at the new, JFrog location. I’ve sent a request for access, or relinking, etc. I imagine the more of us who send requests maybe something will happen? Or are the files/links now lost in time and space forever....
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 05-05-2021 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:22 AM
SageTVaholic

the response....

Here’s what I just got back. Did anyone else know this was happening on May 1st?

“ Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to JFrog Support.

With regards to your query regarding unable to download the file from the reported account, please be informed that as part of the Bintray sunset plan, we have blocked all the OSS Bintray accounts, and download from the OSS Bintray account is forbidden.

For more information, we would request you to refer to the below link:
https://jfrog.com/blog/into-the-suns...d-chartcenter/

Please let us know if you have any other questions. I will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Janardhana JL
JFrog Support”

So, any hope?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 05-05-2021, 09:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, this sure ain't cool.... all's well until the next time any of us need to reinstall anything....

Can we build up the files we need from existing installs? I'm happy to gather up files from my machines and upload them somewhere if its of any use....
Old 05-05-2021, 10:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker:WG View Post
Well, this sure ain't cool.... all's well until the next time any of us need to reinstall anything....

Can we build up the files we need from existing installs? I'm happy to gather up files from my machines and upload them somewhere if its of any use....
I’m amazed more people aren’t freaking out yet....

How would one gather the plugins from installs? Will that do any good?
Old 05-06-2021, 10:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
I’m amazed more people aren’t freaking out yet....

How would one gather the plugins from installs? Will that do any good?
I think it's an issue of people haven't realized yet.... unless you read every post on these forums actively, the only way you would know is if if you were trying to install a plugin, it failed, and you bothered to investigate why.

I don't know if gathering the files from existing installs would help or not. I honestly don't know enough about how the plugin system works. I'm just willing to volunteer what I have to help (if it is actually any help at all).
Old 05-06-2021, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker:WG View Post
I think it's an issue of people haven't realized yet.... unless you read every post on these forums actively, the only way you would know is if if you were trying to install a plugin, it failed, and you bothered to investigate why.

I don't know if gathering the files from existing installs would help or not. I honestly don't know enough about how the plugin system works. I'm just willing to volunteer what I have to help (if it is actually any help at all).
Same here - of course I could only offer the plugins installed on my system
Old 05-07-2021, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

If I recall, in the past there was talk of how to "back up/download" the plugin repository to a local location. Unfortunately I didn't do it and don't know if anyone my have a "recent copy"

Then of course the plugin xml would need to get modified

I'm guessing maybe GitHub for the repository? Is that still an option?
Of course I have no clue how to "rebuild" the bintray stuff to github.

Last edited by graywolf; 05-07-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

I reached out to bintray over Twitter dm. No response.

Certainly doesn't look good....
Old 05-07-2021, 07:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Gemstone also fails.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Gemstone also fails.
Wow. I’m amazed no one saw that May 1 warning. But I rarely visit Bintray, so I guess that goes for all of us. Somebody, somewhere must have a backup...
Old 05-08-2021, 01:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Wow. I’m amazed no one saw that May 1 warning. But I rarely visit Bintray, so I guess that goes for all of us. Somebody, somewhere must have a backup...
I, along with everyone else who hosted stuff on Bintray got emails about it over 2 months ago. I moved the Windows installer and backed up the Linux ones (though new Linux builds aren’t happening anymore). I didn’t know the plug-ins were mostly/all hosted there. The authors of them would have gotten notified but I’m assuming most have moved on, hence no support.

I don’t know what it takes to get any of them going again. They are .zip files that are presumably on people’s machines who have them installed but maybe not.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Where would these zip files be?

I have a folder in the SAGE folder named "PlugInInstallers" but it is full of empty folders. Maybe the zip file is deleted after install?

I do see a bunch of "JAR" files (JARs Folder) that seem to relate to some plugins.

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
I, along with everyone else who hosted stuff on Bintray got emails about it over 2 months ago. I moved the Windows installer and backed up the Linux ones (though new Linux builds aren’t happening anymore). I didn’t know the plug-ins were mostly/all hosted there. The authors of them would have gotten notified but I’m assuming most have moved on, hence no support.

I don’t know what it takes to get any of them going again. They are .zip files that are presumably on people’s machines who have them installed but maybe not.
I’m assuming we’ll have to seek out the authors, if they can be found, and hope they kept installable versions?
Old 05-08-2021, 12:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I just backed up my full SageTV install in case My drive craps out and I have to reinstall ... I will use the backup as a baseline ... because it has all the plugins i use.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:22 PM
Sage Icon

I checked the wayback machine, doesn't look like it will be of any help.

Also, https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56147 discussed ways to make a local mirror of the plugin zip files. Maybe somebody has a local mirror that isn't too ancient?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls

Last edited by KeithAbbott; 05-08-2021 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sooo..... are we saying the plugins are officially hooped?

Backup what you've got and hope for the best?