SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

OS X Placeshifter Install 9.1.9

I have been an active Sage user for years and know just enough to be dangerous. My daughter would now like Sage on her MacBook. I followed the tips in the thread here by SageWizdom to get placeshifter up and running. I am using version 9.1.9.514 that I grabbed here. The Sage Placeshifter seems to be working fine, but the videos will not play despite trying a variety of different playback settings. We are on a gigabit LAN with a MIMO router so I don't believe it is network related ... bandwidth on the LAN when playing is minimal. From looking through the treads, it sounds like it might be an issue with mplayer??? However, those threads were a bit dated and form what I saw it would be fruitless for me to try and figure out mplayer (too far over my skis), so ...

Any advice, tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!
Old 08-16-2018, 09:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can’t help you, but I can offer an easy alternative: watch using Safari and the Sage Mobile Web interface. Works great for me. Hopefully someone else can help with your original question.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:29 AM
SageTVaholic

NOt sure about why the mac placeshifter doesn't work... but for my kids, I ended up setting up a plex server, and they just use the plex web interface for watching shows/movies.