SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way to send multiple commands to the Sage Remote Web UI?

Let's say I wanted to send the command SkipFwd2 ten times to Sage via the web UI via something like "https://myserver/sage/SageCommand?context=010203040506&command=Skip%20Fwd%20%232&repeat=10"

Is there an easy way to do this or would you have to loop through the command ten times.

Or to accomplish the same objective, is there an easy way to get Sage to skip ahead 900 seconds in the current file being played? This would be great for zipping through halftime or intermissions?
Old 01-30-2018, 03:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Let's say I wanted to send the command SkipFwd2 ten times to Sage via the web UI via something like "https://myserver/sage/SageCommand?context=010203040506&command=Skip%20Fwd%20%232&repeat=10"

Is there an easy way to do this or would you have to loop through the command ten times.

Or to accomplish the same objective, is there an easy way to get Sage to skip ahead 900 seconds in the current file being played? This would be great for zipping through halftime or intermissions?
I don't think there is an API to do it.. but you can reconfigure the SkipForward2 amount (not sure how, but likely a property).

So, you could do something like, save the current value, reconfigure it to 900, then issue the skip forward command, and then reconfigure it back to the original value. Give that you are likely the only person issuing this skip900 command, it should be reasonably safe. And if you didn't want to do it using multiple http calls, you could create it as a sagex service in javascript and then call the service over http.

See the section on custom services.
https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv-...sing-sagex-api
Old 01-30-2018, 04:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Sean - I was thinking that was an option. Or how about issue the seek command: MediaFileAPI.Seek(MediaFileAPI.GetMediaTime+900000) as 900000ms = 900s

Ideally I would issue this command on my Control4 remote which can issue IP commands so I can modify the driver to send this custom command when I hit something like the + key on the remote.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Thanks Sean - I was thinking that was an option. Or how about issue the seek command: MediaFileAPI.Seek(MediaFileAPI.GetMediaTime+900000) as 900000ms = 900s

Ideally I would issue this command on my Control4 remote which can issue IP commands so I can modify the driver to send this custom command when I hit something like the + key on the remote.
In looking at the sagetv tv api, it seems like it would be rather trivial to add a SkipForward(ms) api, since al the SkipForward and SkipBackword apis all drill down through the same code just passing different +/- values.