SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 01-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

TV show imports as Movie

Help. I bring in television shows all the time into Sage and they always import correctly as TV shows. The other day, I had one show that imports as a Movie.

I cannot change Sage to refer to it as a TV show. I've tried within Sage as well as within BMT. I can make the changes, but when I save, all changes go away (like it won't stick).

The show title is: Title SxxExx.mkv

I can see the show in "Videos", but not in "TV"

Also, the title of the "movie" shows up as "Title SxxExx" (if that matters)
Old 01-03-2017, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Help. I bring in television shows all the time into Sage and they always import correctly as TV shows. The other day, I had one show that imports as a Movie.

I cannot change Sage to refer to it as a TV show. I've tried within Sage as well as within BMT. I can make the changes, but when I save, all changes go away (like it won't stick).

The show title is: Title SxxExx.mkv

I can see the show in "Videos", but not in "TV"

Also, the title of the "movie" shows up as "Title SxxExx" (if that matters)
In BMT TV is ONLY a file that has successfully been scraped and has the MediaType set to TV. Every other video is a "Movie" until that happens. That's why there is a missing metadata view to help you find TV (and Movies) that are not scraped.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK. I think I understand that. However, this show can already be found in TVDB.

How might I "convince" Sage to get the metadata (or even enter manually), thus making this a TV show?
Old 01-03-2017, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK. I think I understand that. However, this show can already be found in TVDB.

How might I "convince" Sage to get the metadata (or even enter manually), thus making this a TV show?
In BMT, when you do a manually lookup and save, there is a button "Add Matcher"... you can use that to add mapping for this show (based on filename pattern or directory pattern) and then it should always use that.

Something to keep in mind... is that metadata matching can fail for 2 primary reasons...
1. The scraped title is bad (can't find it), and the "Add Matcher" will help with that.
2. Network issues... ie, network failed, remote site is overloaded... API tries are exceeded...

In the case of #2 BMT retries a couple times, but if it fails, it fails.... and you have to manually fix it later... this happens from time to time.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Understand. I think the internet connection is good (scrapped a few other TV shows correctly at the same time).

This is a continuation of shows I already have (previous seasons and episodes). Not sure why I would need some special matcher callout for this one.

Is there some way to manually enter the information and force Sage / BMT to classify this as a TV show?

If I click "Find Metadata" from BMT, I can re-type the show (remove the "SxxExx") from the title and manually enter the season and episode number, then all metadata is found and populated within BMT. However, if I click save, all data is then lost / removed.

Also, I have to choose "TV" from "Movies" and change the search engine from "TMDB" to "TVDB"

Last edited by Deano; 01-03-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Understand. I think the internet connection is good (scrapped a few other TV shows correctly at the same time).

This is a continuation of shows I already have (previous seasons and episodes). Not sure why I would need some special matcher callout for this one.

Is there some way to manually enter the information and force Sage / BMT to classify this as a TV show?

If I click "Find Metadata" from BMT, I can re-type the show (remove the "SxxExx") from the title and manually enter the season and episode number, then all metadata is found and populated within BMT. However, if I click save, all data is then lost / removed.

Also, I have to choose "TV" from "Movies" and change the search engine from "TMDB" to "TVDB"
I think you misunderstood my {"network connection" part... You can scape 100 shows and they can all work, but then you get one that fails. When I've seen this it's because the remote site can't handle the connection (either network overload on their part, or the API key being used exceeded it's per minute transactions). Keep in mind that every sagetv user uses the same API key, and that "free" key has per minute limits... this is primarily why you see things are going great, and then you get a show that just doesn't work... if the attempt fails (rejected, etc), then bmt will retry... but not forever.

I can't answer why all metadata is lost on a save... that has never happened to me... so not sure what else is going on.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I can't answer why all metadata is lost on a save... that has never happened to me... so not sure what else is going on.
I have seen something like this happen on a few shows when SageTV can't determine the contents of the media file. I have been meaning to take a closer look at why that is. It could be related.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 01-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've noticed that the External ID starts with "MF" while all the other TV shows for this series starts with "MP". Also, BMT is trying to put the fanart in the "Movies" folder (probably because it thinks this is a movie).

Is there some way to tell BMT / Sage to go find the External ID again?

Also, there is no .properties file created.

This has been working for years with absolutely no problem. Seems like this one show is the stubborn one and I'm not sure how to force Sage / BMT to categorize this as at TV show.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:24 PM
Sage User

For anyone who finds this, I just solved this issue:

1. Change the recordings that are stuck as "Movie" back to imported videos

2. Select one of the imported videos and go to "Edit Video Information"

3. Under "Category", De-select "movie", then close.

4. Change them back to Recorded shows, and you will be asked to select a media type. Select "TV".

When you change them back to recordings, they will show up as TV shows.