SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:22 AM
Sage Expert

Working Playon solution?

I have P2 now working very well except for Playon. Which we use extensively around here. The problem I am seeing is that using either tmiranda's UPnP Browser or the built-in UPnP client in P2, the videos with commercials, like Hulu, get cutoff early.

I noticed that a half-hour show would load and show 43+ minutes, but then when I paused and unpaused, it changed to 22 minutes, cutting off the end of the show.

The original PlayOn plugin (evil penguins) doesn't seem to do this. But I can't get that to show up in P2.

So I was hoping someone else has been through this and has an answer/workaround.

Because I REALLY want to switch to Phoenix. Especially knowing V3 is coming.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Is this roughly the same issue that "moldmaker78" posted over here;

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=110
Old 06-24-2016, 08:59 PM
Sage Expert

I did see that. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
I did see that. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.
See my last comment in the linked post. I'm just not sure what to do. I can "guess" how much commercial time is built in or give the user the option to "Watch with padding" and then throw in a big chunk of time. Both solutions seem ugly.

I think what EP did in his plugin was round up to the next 30 minute boundary.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:35 AM
Sage Expert

I think padding of some sort is necessary as a lot of the services have commercials that get randomly inserted. I'd rather have ugly then the shows getting cutoff with 6 or 7 minutes left.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:40 PM
Sage Expert

So UPnP Browser now has padding added (thanks tmiranda). But I cannot seem to get it to show up anywhere in Phoenix. I asked in the UPnP Browser thread, but didn't get a response, so I thought I'd try here.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Sage Expert

Did you enable upnp browser in Pheonix2. If I remember right, it has to be enabled or you won't see your playon server.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:50 PM
Sage Expert

Phoenix has a built-in UPnP client, but I am trying to use tmiranda's UPnP Browser plugin.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Sage Expert

That's correct, Pheonix was designed with its own upnp browser because it is incompatible with the playon plugin. You might want to suggest the ability to use Tmiranda's upnp plugin with Pheonix 3.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:16 PM
Sage Expert

Probably a good idea.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't use Phoenix or Gemstone so I'm sorry that I can't help much with these issues. Sean has indicated to me that he either has, or will be removing the UPnP support in phoenix. He is welcome to integrate what I did into Phoenix. (Same for Gemstone. The code uses the Apache 2.0 license.)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:22 AM
Sage Expert

No worries. I just wanted to move to Phoenix for performance more than anything. Although I like the clean look too. But I will probably move back to Gemstone for now and use your plugin there. Until Phoenix 3 happens anyway.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I don't use Phoenix or Gemstone so I'm sorry that I can't help much with these issues. Sean has indicated to me that he either has, or will be removing the UPnP support in phoenix. He is welcome to integrate what I did into Phoenix. (Same for Gemstone. The code uses the Apache 2.0 license.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
No worries. I just wanted to move to Phoenix for performance more than anything. Although I like the clean look too. But I will probably move back to Gemstone for now and use your plugin there. Until Phoenix 3 happens anyway.
I've removed (or will be removing) the UPnP code from phoenix. Originally I had it setup to use a VFS so that anything could actually view/play it. But, to be honest, I don't use UPnP and I find the Play-On stuff less important, now that I run SageTV MiniClient on Android. ie, I just jump into the YouTub app for YouTube, and other other apps for various other channels, and SageTV for TV. I don't think that the VFS will see any more Play-On/UPnP support, but, maybe someone will take Tom's stv changes and add them to Phoenix2/3.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Sage Expert

I've just started playing with your Android mini client on my first gen Amazon FireTV and with Phoenix it's not bad. With Gemstone, it's just too slow.

But I use Playon thru Sage mainly because I can buffer it a few minutes and skip thru commercials, where I can't using those apps on the FTV. Minor really, but still...

If we watched things predictably, I would just use Playlater to "record" the stuff and import that into Sage as recordings. But our normal behavior on this stuff is to sit down and decide what to watch from a long list of "subscribed" Hulu stuff. So recording all of it with a chance that we might want it doesn't make much sense. But maybe that's the ultimate answer.