SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Sage Expert

Menu item pointing to specific UPnP server?

Is there a way to have a menu item point directly to my Playon server instead of the upper level?
Old 06-22-2016, 04:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
Is there a way to have a menu item point directly to my Playon server instead of the upper level?
I think need more information... not sure what you are trying to do.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:10 AM
Sage Expert

Current UPnP menu is:

> UPnP Views
>> Serviio (Server)
>> SAMSDESKTOP: Sam's Desktop:
>> PlayOn: Server

I'd like to be able to have a menu item that takes me directly to PlayOn: Server, thus saving four clicks of the remote.

On a side note, I used this last night for the first time in the living room with the with and the Playon video (Hulu) we were watching was cut short. Seems that it didn't compensate file length for commercials. When using the Playon plugin in Gemstone, I don't have that issue. So I know it's not playon itself. Is there any way to deal with the padding issue?
Old 06-22-2016, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
Current UPnP menu is:

> UPnP Views
>> Serviio (Server)
>> SAMSDESKTOP: Sam's Desktop:
>> PlayOn: Server

I'd like to be able to have a menu item that takes me directly to PlayOn: Server, thus saving four clicks of the remote.

On a side note, I used this last night for the first time in the living room with the with and the Playon video (Hulu) we were watching was cut short. Seems that it didn't compensate file length for commercials. When using the Playon plugin in Gemstone, I don't have that issue. So I know it's not playon itself. Is there any way to deal with the padding issue?
If this is using the UPnP views in Phoenix, then they will be going away. Tmiranda's plugin is much better at managing the upnp stuff, and I don't have time to work on this... so it is removed in V9.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:37 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks. Then I won't waste any time on it. I had forgotten about TMiranda's plugin. I'll give it a whirl.