SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 04:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
I'm not volunteering, but OpenDCT could be it's own docker image sharing the SageTV media directory. That might be ideal since I tend to release updates every 1.5 weeks.
I agree... i think that OpenDCT doesn't need to be in the same Docker image, but could be a separate image. I'd actually do it, but since I have no way to really test it, not sure I'm the best person here. I'd be more than willing to help someone, and, even host the unRAID template in my repo.

Ideally the Docker image should probably just download install the latest OpenDCT when it starts (which is what sagetv docker image does... that way, I'm not publishing new images every couple of weeks).
Old 05-05-2016, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

When I get around to migrating back over to Unraid, if no one volunteers, I'll probably create the container myself. I'd add an option to allow someone to select a specific version to remain on with a default to install the latest version, since not being able to easily go back can be frustrating.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 05-05-2016, 06:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
When I get around to migrating back over to Unraid, if no one volunteers, I'll probably create the container myself. I'd add an option to allow someone to select a specific version to remain on with a default to install the latest version, since not being able to easily go back can be frustrating.
The version is good idea... I should add that to my docker container as well.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Sage Icon

Here is a downside to /var/media/<link> to tower.

If tower goes down you can no longer boot your PC. It seems to hang trying to reconnect to the tower. This creates an interesting situation when you can't boot your computer, to restart the tower because the tower is unresponsive and keeping your pc from booting.

Luckily I had another computer that was up and running so I could get to tower and kick start it.

Any idea if you can control a timeout on the link?

thanks
david
Old 05-06-2016, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
Here is a downside to /var/media/<link> to tower.

If tower goes down you can no longer boot your PC. It seems to hang trying to reconnect to the tower. This creates an interesting situation when you can't boot your computer, to restart the tower because the tower is unresponsive and keeping your pc from booting.

Luckily I had another computer that was up and running so I could get to tower and kick start it.

Any idea if you can control a timeout on the link?

thanks
david
NOt sure I understand the problem.

by "tower" do you mean the unRAID server? If so, the docker containers should not start until after the array is started (if you have them on autostart, which I don't). Certainly the docker containers should be preventing your unRAID server from starting. Again, not sure I understand what you are asking
Old 05-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Sage Icon

The issue is that as I was copying over shows from my XP box to my unRAID, something went amiss and unRAID because unresponsive. It may have had low memory and decided to kill something vital, it likes to do that.

I could telnet, but nothing else worked. During this time my PC hung, and I rebooted and it never booted up all the way. I then woke another computer and it never finished coming up either.

I had another (luckily I have 5-6 computers in the house) that didn't have the link to unRaid. This allowed me to telnet in.

powerdown, shutdown -h now, nothing work get unRAID to respond. After about an hour of trying to gracefully get it to shutodwn I had to power cycle it I hate doing that. . .

After it came back up, parity check started, and all other PCs immediately finished their login/reboot sequence. This took over an hour so I'm positive that it is the link hanging the login/reboot. Also computers that don't have the link had no issue booting/login in.

I just wish that windows would timeout and continue booting.

I was just giving a word of warning that there is a downside to linking to unRAID, if for any reason it isn't available.

david
Old 05-06-2016, 10:16 AM
SageTVaholic

What kind of link are you talking about? I've never had problems booting PCs without my unRAID (or any other samba) server up.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Ok... I think I was confused, because I thought this was about the Docker container. So the issue is just an unRAID issue and clients that connect to it... not really anything to do with Docker or SageTV.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Sage Icon

I used:

mklink /D tv \\<ip>\sagetv\tv

just a normal link. I've never had issues with links before either, unless I tried to access one and it wasn't working. unRaid was in a wierd place as it wouldn't respond, so maybe that made it partially handle the link or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
What kind of link are you talking about? I've never had problems booting PCs without my unRAID (or any other samba) server up.
Yes, nothing specific to the docker, just an issue with the workaround I have to use to get a client to work. If I knew how to get the smb stuff working I'd try to help get that up and running, I just don't know how to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless
Ok... I think I was confused, because I thought this was about the Docker container. So the issue is just an unRAID issue and clients that connect to it... not really anything to do with Docker or SageTV.
thanks,
david
Old 05-07-2016, 01:11 PM

I must be thick, because I can't get any gui of any sort to see or acknowledge my tower sagetv server. I've tried the windows sagetv 7 client with zero success. Can dinnertime give me a brief, simpleton rundown how to get this working?
Old 05-07-2016, 03:42 PM

To add to my aggrevation, I installed stuckless' android mini client and it found my server instantly. The only problem is I can't get through the configuration menus because it won't let me select any time zones to move on through. I'm speechless...
Old 05-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

ComSkip not running?

Any one else having comskip issues?

I noticed the UI works fine for my old recorded files I moved over, but not for "livetv" or for any new recordings. i.e. I can't see any in the "queue" where you can see how many instances are running. "Show Jobs That Are Running" is [0]

So I went to the comskip directory and tried to run it and get this error.
root@Tank:/mnt/user/SageTV/comskip# ./comskip
./comskip: error while loading shared libraries: libargtable2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Here's my directory
root@Tank:/mnt/user/SageTV/comskip# ls -ltr
total 808
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5829 May 3 11:33 comskip.ini
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 818168 May 9 14:38 comskip*

Find did not return that file
root@Tank:/mnt/user/SageTV/comskip# find /mnt/user/SageTV -type f -name libargtable2.so.0

I will be searching to see if maybe I'm missing something. I also did just edit my docker template today and restarted.

Thanks
Dave
Old 05-10-2016, 05:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs5221 View Post
I must be thick, because I can't get any gui of any sort to see or acknowledge my tower sagetv server. I've tried the windows sagetv 7 client with zero success. Can dinnertime give me a brief, simpleton rundown how to get this working?
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs5221 View Post
To add to my aggrevation, I installed stuckless' android mini client and it found my server instantly. The only problem is I can't get through the configuration menus because it won't let me select any time zones to move on through. I'm speechless...
What are you using for your client? And, is this a docker container running on unRAID? or a docker running on normal linux?
Old 05-10-2016, 05:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugenbdd View Post
Any one else having comskip issues?

I noticed the UI works fine for my old recorded files I moved over, but not for "livetv" or for any new recordings. i.e. I can't see any in the "queue" where you can see how many instances are running. "Show Jobs That Are Running" is [0]

So I went to the comskip directory and tried to run it and get this error.
root@Tank:/mnt/user/SageTV/comskip# ./comskip
./comskip: error while loading shared libraries: libargtable2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Here's my directory
root@Tank:/mnt/user/SageTV/comskip# ls -ltr
total 808
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5829 May 3 11:33 comskip.ini
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 818168 May 9 14:38 comskip*

Find did not return that file
root@Tank:/mnt/user/SageTV/comskip# find /mnt/user/SageTV -type f -name libargtable2.so.0

I will be searching to see if maybe I'm missing something. I also did just edit my docker template today and restarted.

Thanks
Dave
unless you run comskip INSIDE the docker container, it will not work, since the docker container has those missing libraries.

I don't know what is used to show the queue, but, if it's looking for system processes then I'm not surprised it won't show any, since, to get this working, right now, I had "fake" out the windows comskip.

I have this running daily on my docker container, on unraid, and I didn't do anything special except install the container using the defaults.

have you tried to manually run comskip on a file using the "Run Comskip" option in the details options menu for a file? That is how I tested this initially.

if you are logged in as root on your unRAID you can get a bash shell into the sagetv docker container by doing this...

Code:
docker exec -ti stuckless-sagetv-server-java8 bash
Once inside you can try running comskip and see what happens. You can try running comskip and pass it a recording (which was another way I tested this).

Lastly shut down the container, and then check the Sage.properties and check the "cd/XXX" properties... post them here if you will.. but the comskip location should be cd/comskip_location=/opt/sagetv/comskip/comskip and the wine_home should be blank, etc.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
have you tried to manually run comskip on a file using the "Run Comskip" option in the details options menu for a file? That is how I tested this initially.

if you are logged in as root on your unRAID you can get a bash shell into the sagetv docker container by doing this...

Code:
docker exec -ti stuckless-sagetv-server-java8 bash
Once inside you can try running comskip and see what happens. You can try running comskip and pass it a recording (which was another way I tested this).

Lastly shut down the container, and then check the Sage.properties and check the "cd/XXX" properties... post them here if you will.. but the comskip location should be cd/comskip_location=/opt/sagetv/comskip/comskip and the wine_home should be blank, etc.
Thanks for the quick reply. Will try these steps this evening.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Comskip

So it appears that it is running. I'm now getting edl and log files for comskip in my recording directory. However, all edl files are 0 size. The log files appear to only be scanning the first few hundred frames or some other errors. (Three listed below)

437 Frames Processed
####################################
Could not open video codec
30 Frames Processed

So, now I just need to find out how to tune the INI file. I think...

FYI, these are all HDHR mpg files that it is scanning.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Sage Icon

In my testing of UNC paths, I found that I had to add mount.cifs to the docker to get it to browse network paths. It wasn't hard, but each time the docker restarts you lose the changes.

Can we get mount.cifs added to the base docker image?

thanks,
david
Old 05-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Comskip

Got comskip working in marking commercials.

I updated the ini file to the one I used on my windows box.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
In my testing of UNC paths, I found that I had to add mount.cifs to the docker to get it to browse network paths. It wasn't hard, but each time the docker restarts you lose the changes.

Can we get mount.cifs added to the base docker image?

thanks,
david
It's pretty trivial to add... but I only get time to work on this stuff on the weekends... so add a defect for it here...
https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv-dockers

Because sadly, I will forget
Old 05-14-2016, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Trying to Confiure Docker

1. I'm new to unRaid and Docker how do you use the OPT_ settings?
2. When I log on with a new client I get the wizard screens but it ask me to select a TimeZone but there is nothing in the list. See screen shot below. I tried to change the Timezone in the setting file but it does not work and the time is always offset. How do you fix this?
3. How do you change Java Heap Size in the docker?
4. I wanted to change my .properties and copy over my wiz.bin from the windows share but permissions were not letting I had to login remotely and
do the following

cd /mnt
cd user
chmond -R 777 *
Is this normal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg No Time Zone Selection.jpg (21.5 KB, 335 views)
Closed Thread