SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 05:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
turns out that it is comskip that requires you to be able to see the edl files. I'm not sure how to do this, because I don't think I can use smb paths inside the docker. How has everyone else handled the comskip issue?
I only use extenders and the Android MiniClient, so, edl problems are not an issue for me. I don't think mirroring the filesystem on the server and the full clients is a very viable option. At some point I think the full clients need to access the server files via another means.

I don't think that you will get the docker container and the full client to exactly mirror the file paths.

I'd consider this a feature request in the sagetv core source code to better deal with files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugenbdd View Post
Just hit a little snag where I couldn't find guide data when trying to select my HDHR's. Wondering if there is a way to add the SageTV key as a docker variable? i.e. OPT_SageTVKey "XXXXXXXXXX"

If not, can you confirm that this would be the location to put the "activkey" file?

/mnt/user/SageTV/server
This is the same place I see the Wiz.bin file.

Thanks
The default install path should be /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/server unless you change the base path fomr /mnt/user/appdata/ to /mnt/user/ (Docker containers sort of assume you have an appdata share)

I thought about the adding an OPT_LICENSE_KEY... I should do that.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:03 AM
Sage Icon

The placeshifter doesn't need to see the files like the client. Any issues if I just start using them instead of the clients? I've never used the placeshifter before last night. This would give me comskip functionality.

thanks,
david
Old 05-03-2016, 06:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The placeshifter doesn't need to see the files like the client. Any issues if I just start using them instead of the clients? I've never used the placeshifter before last night. This would give me comskip functionality.

thanks,
david
I don't think that I'd use a placeshifter instead of a client... but the HD300 is certainly a good option. I'm personally running 2 NVIdia Shield Android TV units, running my Android MiniClient. Before you jump into that boat, be sure to check out if the Android MiniClient would be the right choice..

Eventually i'd like to see the full clients "fixed" so that they are not dependent on a server path mirroring in order to work correctly. (and maybe this is more of an issue with the plugins instead of the client itself).
Old 05-03-2016, 07:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
turns out that it is comskip that requires you to be able to see the edl files. I'm not sure how to do this, because I don't think I can use smb paths inside the docker. How has everyone else handled the comskip issue?
This should work:

Ignore Docker, it's irrelevant.

Create a share on unRAID for your recordings, I'll use \\unraid\recordings for this example.

In SageTV, browse the network (or specify) and set the recording directory to \\unraid\recordings

Then everything on your network will see your recordings at \\unraid\recordings, regardless if it's client, placeshifter, comskip, extender, whatever.

This is how I had things setup when I was using client and my server. At the time my server happened to be on Windows, but that's irrelevant, unc paths are OS agnostic.

So that should work, unless there's some problem with a Linux server recording to an SMB share.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

HDHR lib version?

Hi
Any idea what version of the HDHR library is included? (libHDHomeRunCapture.so*)

I was able to scan for channels, but it's not picking up some channels (Clear Qam) that my kids need and that currently work on my Windows version.

I did find this thread about the library, but it's not been updated. (I will post to it also.)
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62380
Old 05-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Sage User

Synology

Would it be possible to use this docker container on a synology NAS? I have Docker running on my nas, and was able to download/run the container, but beyond that I'm lost. I tried setting the external/internal ports to 5560/8080, but when I try to access it doesn't work.

I'm a docker novice, but it would be great to have this running on my NAS and not have to maintain a separate SageTV server. Just can't quite figure out how to accomplish it.

I have an HDHomerun Connect. It works 'ok' with TvHeadend on the synology, but I'd much rather use Sage.

Thanks for any input.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1k3g View Post
Would it be possible to use this docker container on a synology NAS? I have Docker running on my nas, and was able to download/run the container, but beyond that I'm lost. I tried setting the external/internal ports to 5560/8080, but when I try to access it doesn't work.

I'm a docker novice, but it would be great to have this running on my NAS and not have to maintain a separate SageTV server. Just can't quite figure out how to accomplish it.

I have an HDHomerun Connect. It works 'ok' with TvHeadend on the synology, but I'd much rather use Sage.

Thanks for any input.
Unfortunately, I have no idea about Synology... But, for this to work, you will need to configure HOST networking (then you don't need to mess with ports) and you need to configure at least 2 VOLUME mappings.

/opt/sagetv/ needs to be mapped to a location on your NAS where sagetv will be installed.
/var/media/ meeds to be mapped to a location on your NAS where sagetv will record shows
/var/mediaext/ can be mapped to an alternate media share where you have music, videos, pictures, etc.

Beyond that, you might need to play with things to figure it out... I've never used (or heard of) synaology NAS.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi
Any idea what version of the HDHR library is included? (libHDHomeRunCapture.so*)

I was able to scan for channels, but it's not picking up some channels (Clear Qam) that my kids need and that currently work on my Windows version.

I did find this thread about the library, but it's not been updated. (I will post to it also.)
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62380

Got my missing channels to show up. I had to add the physical channel numbers in the source setup. One note here for anyone in the future. You can view the channel in the HDHR config software (windows) and see what channel it's on. Then you can see what "program" or stream it is. SageTV wants the major channel number and then the stream index, not "number" you see in HDHR software. Example 36-156 in HDHR software, but in my cable system I had to make the physical channel 36 and the "stream" 5 as it was the 5 stream. i.e. 36-5 and then it was able to pull the channel in.

Last edited by hugenbdd; 05-03-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

UI or GUI

What UI or GUI are you guys running on this?

I previously used GemStone. Is it available to use on this version (Docker Linux)?
Old 05-03-2016, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What UI or GUI are you guys running on this?

I previously used GemStone. Is it available to use on this version (Docker Linux)?
Absolutely.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Got my missing channels to show up. I had to add the physical channel numbers in the source setup. One note here for anyone in the future. You can view the channel in the HDHR config software (windows) and see what channel it's on. Then you can see what "program" or stream it is. SageTV wants the major channel number and then the stream index, not "number" you see in HDHR software. Example 36-156 in HDHR software, but in my cable system I had to make the physical channel 36 and the "stream" 5 as it was the 5 stream. i.e. 36-5 and then it was able to pull the channel in.
So did you have a problem with the scan not finding the channels, or not correctly mapping them? I believe for quite a while now I've had to map the channels in Sage manually, Silicondust removed that functionality quite a while ago, IIRC.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
So did you have a problem with the scan not finding the channels, or not correctly mapping them? I believe for quite a while now I've had to map the channels in Sage manually, Silicondust removed that functionality quite a while ago, IIRC.

I had a problem with the scan finding them. It would find most of them (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS, etc). It seemed to have problems finding the channels where the first stream was encrypted, and the un-encrypted streams were further down. i.e. 5th or 6th stream.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
This should work:

Ignore Docker, it's irrelevant.

Create a share on unRAID for your recordings, I'll use \\unraid\recordings for this example.

In SageTV, browse the network (or specify) and set the recording directory to \\unraid\recordings

Then everything on your network will see your recordings at \\unraid\recordings, regardless if it's client, placeshifter, comskip, extender, whatever.

This is how I had things setup when I was using client and my server. At the time my server happened to be on Windows, but that's irrelevant, unc paths are OS agnostic.

So that should work, unless there's some problem with a Linux server recording to an SMB share.
Well, unfortunately this totally doesn't work, I'm unable to browse samba shares at all, doesn't matter how I try, but this might be a clue:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63002

-edit

Nevermind, works from Placeshifter, but not from Client.

Last edited by stanger89; 05-03-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Sage Icon

I looked in the docker and didn't find smbmount or mount.cifs in the image, so even if this were fixed it wouldn't work.

david
Old 05-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I looked in the docker and didn't find smbmount or mount.cifs in the image, so even if this were fixed it wouldn't work.

david
The following post should lead you in the right direction. You have to create an unraid share and setup sagetv to record to it.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62947
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62677

Hope this helps.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Sage Icon

Using the links work fine. That was my last thing to get working, so now I can "make the move" and finally shut down my XP box after 10+ years.

david
Old 05-03-2016, 07:10 PM
SageTVaholic

To bad that $30 million + that our government paid Microsoft (using our tax dollars) for continued Windows XP updates and security fixes (among other OS's) couldn't have been used by a wider audience ... like the folks who paid for it, for example.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

DM1000-HDMI DVR

Any way to add OpenDCT to the docker image?

https://bintray.com/opendct/Releases...48-Stable/view

Looks like it is a very promising new recorder.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63177

Or your thoughts on it?
Old 05-04-2016, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Any way to add OpenDCT to the docker image?

https://bintray.com/opendct/Releases...48-Stable/view

Looks like it is a very promising new recorder.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63177

Or your thoughts on it?
I can't really test it, since it doesn't really work for me in Canada.. but if someone wants to modify the docker image to support this, then I'm open to accept the changes.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I can't really test it, since it doesn't really work for me in Canada.. but if someone wants to modify the docker image to support this, then I'm open to accept the changes.
I'm not volunteering, but OpenDCT could be it's own docker image sharing the SageTV media directory. That might be ideal since I tend to release updates every 1.5 weeks.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Closed Thread