SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
I can browse the network with the docker stuckless put out. The only thing I had to do to browse to my computers is eliminate my WHS v1 server from becoming the master browser on the network. My unRAID server is my master browser but my WHSv1 server would ignore the fact that a master browser already existed when it booted and list itself as the master browser also which eliminated browsing from the docker since there were two master browsers on the network.

Basically I turned off on my WHSv1 server the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters key MaintainServerList. It was set to Yes I set it to NO and then I was able to browse the network from the docker.

I also found that SageTV installed on Mint 17.3 to be able to browse the network when the Ubuntu and Debian installs I tried could not - don't know why. Probably just luck of the draw or some setting I changed that I don't remember now.
I have no problem browsing the Network through Ubuntu. Just with SageTV.

I have 4 Drives that I record to. 2 Nases with movies and shows and I can't see myself mounting all these just to use SageTV in Linux .... when UBUNTU sees all the shares and I can play files from them.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-05-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I have no problem browsing the Network through Ubuntu. Just with SageTV.
Me too. What fixed the docker browsing was turning off WHSv1 master browser settings. Any linux install I used could browse the network but only on Mint was I able to get SageTV to browse the network when I had two master browsers.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
However, as a pseudo developer/community guy here, I feel I need to push the project towards ease of use ...
I strongly support this viewpoint. While I may like linux, it needs to be invisible from the perspective of the "SageTV" end user. I think it begs the question to the community... what features should just work, and what should be the standard "way" that things just work?

Clients: PC Client x 1, HD-300 x 1, AppleTV x 2, WebClient (phone/tablet) x 3
Old 06-14-2016, 05:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageWizdom,

I loaded a machine with this script. I've got OpenDCT working with it, and it's recording shows. I can't seem to get it to convert a video though. When I try, it just fails immediately. Is there something else that needs to be installed for this to work?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 06-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

The 64bit version of the encoder is broken, try the below link and see if that works for you. It tells how to install the 32 bit version. I'm using this and it does work. Holler if you get stuck

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...0&postcount=22

Old 06-17-2016, 08:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks! The 32 bit workaround appears to be working...
Old 07-10-2016, 07:25 AM
Sage User

Appreciate all the work you guys are putting into creating an automated mechanism to install SageTV/OpenDCT on Linux. I just attempted to run the automated install script and I'm having some problems, so I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. So far, I've done the following:

Installed Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
Used wget to pull the "installsage.txt" script on the first page of this thread
Executed "mv installsage.txt installsage.sh"
Executed "chmod a+x installsage.sh"
Executed "sudo ./installsage.sh"

I'm receiving the long string of error messages listed within the attached text document. Hoping someone can help me out. Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: txt output.txt (18.8 KB, 270 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 08:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jeffe' View Post
Appreciate all the work you guys are putting into creating an automated mechanism to install SageTV/OpenDCT on Linux. I just attempted to run the automated install script and I'm having some problems, so I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. So far, I've done the following:

Installed Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
Used wget to pull the "installsage.txt" script on the first page of this thread
Executed "mv installsage.txt installsage.sh"
Executed "chmod a+x installsage.sh"
Executed "sudo ./installsage.sh"

I'm receiving the long string of error messages listed within the attached text document. Hoping someone can help me out. Thanks in advance!
Reading through the errors, it looks like it somehow downloaded an html file instead of the script. I'm going to go take a look and double check the link.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

It looks like the url was automatically shortened at some point. I updated the post and it should be fixed now. Try again from the "wget" step and let me know how it goes.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Actually, if you give me 20 min, I'll update the script to be pulling the latest sage (which it is not at present).

Old 07-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I updated the script to pull the latest sage build (9.0.4.287) and latest opendct build (Beta 0.5.7-1).

** Note: I have not tested this as thoroughly as I normally would. If you run into problems... please ping and I'll try to fix. **

I originally was using opendct beta as it provided some very specific features (which I forget what they are). Do not hesitate to holler if I should stick with stable for now.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Sage User

Sorry for the delayed response - I've been troubleshooting my problem for the past few hours. I did eventually figure out that the file I had downloaded was HTML from the first page of this thread rather than the actual script. The install went pretty smoothly once I got a copy of the script onto my Sage box and updated a few of the links (I stayed with the latest stable version of OpenDCT). Again, I appreciate all of the time that you and others have put into making the SageTV/OpenDCT install experience relatively painless - even for Linux newb's like me.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jeffe' View Post
Again, I appreciate all of the time that you and others have put into making the SageTV/OpenDCT install experience relatively painless - even for Linux newb's like me.
I'm glad it was helpful. Linux is not everyone's cup of tea. If this makes it so more people can get involved and support Sage, then it is worth it. Happy viewing.

Holler if you have any questions, Linux, Sage or whatever!

Old 07-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

linux question here.

i'm running ubuntu14 lts but would like to run ubuntu16 lts for compatibility with a totally different program i want to run simultaneously on my sage machine ('HQPlayer embedded' which is going to be a key part of my audio server and needs to be on my always-on NUC).

i'm having problems installing 'hqplayer embedded' due to impcompatible version of GOMP and some other stuff and the easiest solution would be to upgrade my sage server to ubuntu 16................but i'm not messing with it until i know you experts have given that upgrade your blessing.

what do you guys think?
Old 07-26-2016, 05:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
linux question here.

i'm running ubuntu14 lts but would like to run ubuntu16 lts for compatibility with a totally different program i want to run simultaneously on my sage machine ('HQPlayer embedded' which is going to be a key part of my audio server and needs to be on my always-on NUC).

i'm having problems installing 'hqplayer embedded' due to impcompatible version of GOMP and some other stuff and the easiest solution would be to upgrade my sage server to ubuntu 16................but i'm not messing with it until i know you experts have given that upgrade your blessing.

what do you guys think?
My Docker containers for SageTV are running Ubuntu 16.04, so if the question is will sagetv work on 16.04, then yes, you should be be fine.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
My Docker containers for SageTV are running Ubuntu 16.04, so if the question is will sagetv work on 16.04, then yes, you should be be fine.
sounds good. i installed via the script, so does the Docker container mean i need to upgrade to ubuntu 16, then re-install? or does it mean that i can update to 16 and it will just work?

sorry, i need to do some quick research on containers/dockers, etc.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:24 AM
SageTVaholic

I think he was just stating that sage works on 16, as is shown by his docker container being based on 16.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-27-2016, 10:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

is openDCT also part of the package that works on ubuntu 16?
Old 08-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

I just tried the latest script on a fresh install of 16.04.1 on a vm.
It did not work. I got lots of errors.

I'll try on a fresh 14.04.4.. I can't find the 14.04.3 that the initial was tested on.

edit: I attached the output. It complained about the CDROM several times. I'll take a quick look, but I'm no Linux expert. This was installed from an ISO image in the VM machine. Also there was no eth0. The VM has a ens33 for the network interface.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sage_install_16.04.1.log.txt (10.4 KB, 278 views)

Last edited by jbuszkie; 08-03-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Code:
sudo: add-apt-repository: command not found
Was the issue with java.. I had to do this
Code:
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
Then it installed java..
This was after hard coding my interface to ens33 from eth0.

It seems like it installed? Now I have to figure out how to test it..

Will a V7 client connect to V9 server?

Jim