SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

BMT not Saving Manual Metadata

Hello,

BMT is an amazing little tool, and I've managed to find metadata and fanart for all of my imported movies. However, 4 of them are giving me trouble.

I can navigate to the movie information page and all fields are blank. Finding metadata is no problem and the fields populate accordingly. The trouble is that when I press the "Save" button, all the fields are wiped and the metadata never gets stored.

I've tried (unsuccessfully) renaming the media files, re-scanning and then re-importing. Metadata still doesn't save.

Any thoughts on where I should look to fix this?
Old 01-31-2016, 08:12 PM
SageTVaholic

check. to ensure that you have write permissions to the folder and the media file itself.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK. All the imported movies are in the same folder, and the vast majority of them have metadata; granted each imported movie is in a separate subdirectory underneath the main folder. Permissions are granted at the top-folder.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

I used to have a couple of episodes of "The Office" that for some reason, sagetv would never allow the video to updated. In that case, it had nothing to do with BMT/Phoenix... since I'd see the calls setting the data, but the data would never be saved. I never did solve it. This might be what is happening here.

Also check to make sure that you don't have "preserver original metadata" enabled, since that will prevent updating of some fields as well.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

A couple of other suggestions to try - have you tried editing through the Edit Raw Metadata? I find that is more forceful than the regular UI. Another idea is to go through the Find Metadata path and see if it pulls in the correct data or if you can edit it in this screen.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

By chance, would Phoenix/BMT respond like this if he were running the service under a local user account? No clue if he's even using the service, but wanted to mention it.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 02-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Guys,

Apologies for the delay between responses.

I am running SageTV as a service, but not using Localuser account as I have UNC paths in my import directories. Hence I created a separate admin account for this purpose which I called "SageLogin".

Typically I use the "Find Metadata" method, and that will populate all the fields no problem including the troublesome files. When I press the "Save" button on the troublesome files, all the fields are blanked out. Weird.

I've also tried editing using "Edit Raw Metadata" to change something simple (the "Year" field in this case). My goal was to see if I could make any data stick. Pressing the "Save" button and BMT reports "Batch Update Complete". For giggles, I pressed the "Save" button again, and BMT reports "Noting Changed". I thought this would have solved the problem, but when I look at the file in the regular view, the year didn't stick and the field is blank.

Are there log files that I can check? Maybe that would give some more insight.

Also, on the advice of stuckless, I found the "Preserve Original Metadata" flag. I turned if off and repeated my above efforts. No dice. Should I leave this flag off?

Thanks again for all the support you are providing.

m.

Last edited by MilkmanCDN; 02-02-2016 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did you ever resolve this problem? I am having a very similar one

Here is the thread I created: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...406#post623406

Tags
bmt