SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Well, this was apparently much easier than I thought... Since there is ALREADY a SageMC plugin in V7/V9.... I just installed it... so if people really do want the SageMC experience in v9, the plugin is already there...

It appears that someone also has "integrated" into SageTV 7/9, since there is a settings areas that allows you to jump into the sagetv 7 plugin administration, etc.

I did try it on the MiniClient and it's horrible... I have no idea why it would render this way, but, likely my renderer is missing something. Even with animations disabled, it renders badly. I will likely play with this, because while I'm not that concerned for sagemc, I do think that sagemc is highlighting a rendering bug in the miniclient.
Oh good thanks! Though I mentioned it was already a plugin in v7 but didn't work right in v7. In v6 SageMC allowed jumping back into the native UI to get to Sage settings and that feature seemed to work the same in v7 when I tired it in 2014.

What version of SageMC are you are seeing in v9 at this time? Under Settings the SageMC version should be displayed on the 3rd line.

Are you using the SageMC_619.xml from the V7 plugin or from a V6 version? I'm seeing now in the forum reports that using the one from v6 solves problems reported in the V7 plugin.

Wish the hardware I need to bring up a test box would ship so I can get started.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Im still using Sage MC and Im on V9. Doesn't seem to display properly on the Miniclient which i would like to use, but works fine on my extenders and client

The WAF is high with it!

Is there a way to reverse the the installed files into a zip for you?

I think i download the plugin Last year sometime.

Chris
Are you using the music, DVD and video features as well as TV features in SageMC on V9? Do they fully function on V9 as they did in V6?

If all those features function properly on v9 was there a trick beyond just adding the plugin to get all the features to work correctly?
Old 01-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Are you using the music, DVD and video features as well as TV features in SageMC on V9? Do they fully function on V9 as they did in V6?

If all those features function properly on v9 was there a trick beyond just adding the plugin to get all the features to work correctly?
I've used music, video and TV features with no issues. I can speak about the DVD as I don't use it.

Chris
Old 01-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I just posted a new MiniClient release. By using SageMC I was able to find a UI rendering bug, and it's now fixed. SageMC should work with/without animations.

Where did you post it?

Chris
Old 01-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Where did you post it?

Chris
I found the updated MiniClient in the google play store. I Installed it on my phone for the first time. Set it up to use the SageMC UI. Works great. I haven't found anything that doesn't work yet except playing ripped DVDs. When I do the player freezes or crashes but that may be my phone hardware or need to select a different player in settings.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I found the updated MiniClient in the google play store. I Installed it on my phone for the first time. Set it up to use the SageMC UI. Works great. I haven't found anything that doesn't work yet except playing ripped DVDs. When I do the player freezes or crashes but that may be my phone hardware or need to select a different player in settings.
The miniclient itself doesn't support DVD playback, it's not an issue of SageMC.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-09-2017, 05:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Where did you post it?

Chris
BinTray and Play Store ... I usually wait until someone asks before I push to the Amazon Store.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The miniclient itself doesn't support DVD playback, it's not an issue of SageMC.
Thanks! I won't spend any time trying to make it work then.
Old 05-12-2023, 11:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank You

Just want to say Thank You to Stuckless and everyone who has worked on Sage TV code and Version 9. https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/ima...s/luxhello.gif

Drives are dying in my old max memory limited WHS 2011 server. Taking a gamble by using Win11 for new sage Server. I did a clean install of 64 bit SageTV on it and I could not be happier with the install. Easiest install I've ever done now that everything I use is built in. The SageMC full UI plugin. Commercial detector Plugin. With 64 bit java built in the installer I'm now able to set plenty of Java Heap size. Thought I was going to have a problem with closed captions but the Microsoft store provided the "MPEG-2 video extension" and CC worked after installing that. I think I just tried to play a recording in windows and Microsoft suggested this specific CODEC software in the Windows store. Changed the setting to get colors back in the guide. All done pretty quickly and easily. Had to relearn how to change the default SageMC UI through the Options menu to my preferred way to view media files in a single column list. I'm now storing Media files on a NAS so I can't use service mode. Setup Autologin so it will boot to the desktop and load sageTV as an icon running in standby mode. Should all work well on UPS with Powerchute like the WHS server did when I move the UPS over.

Shout out to Silicondust tuner hardware and latest windows software for still working.