SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

PlugIn: YouTube (2015)

Watch YouTube videos again on SageTV. This plugin replaces the YouTube functionality in the default STV which had become obsolete due to changes introduced by YouTube.

After installation bring up the options menu to configure the plugin to your liking.
  • Download Before Playing - Currently you must Enable this option. Once the open source version of SageTV is available progressive download will be possible.
  • Video Fetch Order - Videos will be displayed in this order.
  • Channel Fetch Order - Channels will be displayed in this order.
  • Maximum Items to Fetch - Setting this to a higher number will return more Videos/Channels but it will also cause delays in the UI.
  • Delete Temporary Files - If set to "When Sage Exits" any videos downloaded will be deleted when SageTV exits. (i.e. The SageTV service is stopped on your server or when you exit SageTVClient.) If set to "After Watching" then the videos will be deleted immediately after watching. Note that if a video has been downloaded and not deleted, the plugin will not have to download the video again.

Known bugs and/or odd behavior:
- Sometimes the items on the main menu get out of order.
- Maximum Items to Fetch is not enforced inside of playlists.
- Linux is not currently supported.

Report all bugs and make feature requests here.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

What an awesome plugin - thank you, Tom. Working perfectly on both clients and extenders.

- Does it always grab the highest quality version of the video?
- Where does it store the video file?
Old 07-12-2015, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Watch YouTube videos again on SageTV. This plugin replaces the YouTube functionality in the default STV which had become obsolete due to changes introduced by YouTube.

After installation bring up the options menu to configure the plugin to your liking.
  • Download Before Playing - Currently you must Enable this option. Once the open source version of SageTV is available progressive download will be possible.
  • Video Fetch Order - Videos will be displayed in this order.
  • Channel Fetch Order - Channels will be displayed in this order.
  • Maximum Items to Fetch - Setting this to a higher number will return more Videos/Channels but it will also cause delays in the UI.
  • Delete Temporary Files - If set to "When Sage Exits" any videos downloaded will be deleted when SageTV exits. (i.e. The SageTV service is stopped on your server or when you exit SageTVClient.) If set to "After Watching" then the videos will be deleted immediately after watching. Note that if a video has been downloaded and not deleted, the plugin will not have to download the video again.

Known bugs and/or odd behavior:
- Sometimes the items on the main menu get out of order.
- Maximum Items to Fetch is not enforced inside of playlists.
- Linux is not currently supported.

Report all bugs and make feature requests here.
ok, after downloading and watching Star Wars: The Force Awakens comic con, here's what happened: As soon as it finished, I clicked on the same Youtube menu again to play it over - it didn't play it, it started downloading it.
So..I tried to cancel half-way thru, and now I have an "error - it would be a good idea to manually delete this file from your Sage install directory"
That requester won't close
The file can't be found in any directory
Have to shut down Sage to make it go away.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 07-12-2015, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, not off to a good start I'll look into this. Tell me how you navigated to the movie trailer please.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, not off to a good start I'll look into this. Tell me how you navigated to the movie trailer please.
main menu/online/yt videos/most popular/star wars

could be a fluke, but I've never been able to find the clip in the SageTV dir, either, regardless of what version of the plugin I've tried (using the latest 4)
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 07-12-2015, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

The clip from Comic-Con? That one plays fine for me. I could use a logfile too.

Last edited by tmiranda; 07-12-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

I can't repeat TVM's issue using the same method.

I did download/watch this video on the server, then re-watched without having to download again, paused half way through the second viewing. Went to an extender and attempted to watch, which required another download.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The clip from Comic-Con? That one plays fine for me. I could use a logfile too.
It played fine for me as well, the FIRST time.
and after I play the file the first time, it SHOULD be in the SageTV.exe dir?

OK, didn't notice there was a version 5 in main menu plugins waiting to be updated. did that, now the trailer plays on second viewing without downloading, but for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere on my server. Any ideas?

Last edited by tvmaster2; 07-12-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Congrats on the first official release of this plugin. Thanks so much for all of your work on this.

I do have one question, however. I see you have a "Browse Favorite Playlists" menu item now, but I can't figure out how to search for a playlist to mark it as a favorite. Can you point me in the right direction?
Old 07-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Sage Expert

Brilliant plugin, thanks for doing this, much appreciated
Old 07-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Congratulation - really great work !

Just in case some space on the wish list is empty: A "Whats new on favorite channels and playlists" view would be nice. ;-)
Old 07-13-2015, 06:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
It played fine for me as well, the FIRST time.
and after I play the file the first time, it SHOULD be in the SageTV.exe dir?

OK, didn't notice there was a version 5 in main menu plugins waiting to be updated. did that, now the trailer plays on second viewing without downloading, but for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere on my server. Any ideas?
The download should now end up in your default temp directory, not the Sage install directory. If you look in the logfile you can see the actual location if you still can't find it.

You can probably ignore that message about deleting it from the server.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah View Post
Congrats on the first official release of this plugin. Thanks so much for all of your work on this.

I do have one question, however. I see you have a "Browse Favorite Playlists" menu item now, but I can't figure out how to search for a playlist to mark it as a favorite. Can you point me in the right direction?
There is no way to search for Playlists yet. To add a Playlist as a Favorite:
- Browse a channel you like.
- Press "select" to bring up the options menu.
- Make sure Advanced options are displayed.
- You will see "Browse Playlists". That will show playlists for the channel you are browsing.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
Congratulation - really great work !

Just in case some space on the wish list is empty: A "Whats new on favorite channels and playlists" view would be nice. ;-)
I will put that on the list

Old 07-13-2015, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

I noticed no linux support... does this plugin use a Windows/Mac Binary to access youtube? Just curious what makes it Windows/Mac specific. thx.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I noticed no linux support... does this plugin use a Windows/Mac Binary to access youtube? Just curious what makes it Windows/Mac specific. thx.
It doesn't support Linux only because I haven't gotten to it yet It uses a python program to extract the download URL from the YouTube website so porting to Linux will not be a problem, I just need to do it

Old 07-13-2015, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The download should now end up in your default temp directory, not the Sage install directory. If you look in the logfile you can see the actual location if you still can't find it.

You can probably ignore that message about deleting it from the server.
Great - that's exactly where it was found - appdata temp.
And, after the file is played, and you go back to another source (live - recorded material) the temp file seems to disappear, so that's the correct operation?
thanks
Old 07-13-2015, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It doesn't support Linux only because I haven't gotten to it yet It uses a python program to extract the download URL from the YouTube website so porting to Linux will not be a problem, I just need to do it
awesome
Old 07-13-2015, 11:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
And, after the file is played, and you go back to another source (live - recorded material) the temp file seems to disappear, so that's the correct operation?
It depends on what setting you have for "Delete Temporary Files". If it's "After Watching", then yes. As soon as you stop watching the video it is deleted.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It depends on what setting you have for "Delete Temporary Files". If it's "After Watching", then yes. As soon as you stop watching the video it is deleted.
OK, where is that setting? There's nothing like that on my left side menu

EDIT - Found it. Didn't realize it was under Options on the lower right. Thanks