SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Sage Icon

Phoenix Core Services Failed after update

I had a message today for some plugin updates.
I went ahead and did the updates and Gemstone came back looking messed up.
I also got some messages related to missing files needed for Phoenix.
And the Phoenix Core Services reports back as Failed.

I uninstalled Gemstone and several other plugins used by Phoenix and tried a re-install but am still getting the Phoenix Core Services Failed message.

This is on the main Server.
Any ideas or is someone having a similar issue?

Retired SageTV in favor of Plex\Emby and YouTubeTV.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Sage Expert

I am having the same problem. I am getting a pheonix error any time I restart sage but everything seems to be working ok.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
I had a message today for some plugin updates.
I went ahead and did the updates and Gemstone came back looking messed up.
I also got some messages related to missing files needed for Phoenix.
And the Phoenix Core Services reports back as Failed.

I uninstalled Gemstone and several other plugins used by Phoenix and tried a re-install but am still getting the Phoenix Core Services Failed message.

This is on the main Server.
Any ideas or is someone having a similar issue?
could you email me the sagetv_0.txt log file... and the phoenix.log
Old 03-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Sage Expert

I turned on sage debug so I could send the sage0 and pheonix logs and now I'm not getting the error. Guess I scared it. LOL
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

I could not find the "sagetv_0.txt" log
And...the phoenix.log had not been updated since the day I did the update that broke everything.
Also: the phoenix.log I had appeared to be corrupt with a big blank section in the middle and no useful errors or hints to the problem.

I did a backup of everything and..uninstalled Gemstone and everything else associated with the Phoenix API. Rebooted and re-installed the Gemstone plugin which installed the Phoenix API and other associated plugins.
But...still got the error and no log was generated.

Since without a log to help you troubleshoot I did not see much chance for help and I moved on to a re-install.

I deleted all the Plug-ins and manually removed all the plugin folders etc to get a pretty clean SageTV directory. Deleted the SageClient.properties file and backup but left the Sage.properties intact.
Re-installed SageTV Server software using modify option and Rebooted.
I then re-installed all the plugins I use and everything seems to be working fine at this point.

Something was corrupted but I have no idea what.
Only took 20 minutes to do it all which was probably a lot less time than troubleshooting something like this.

I appreciate you willingness to help but think I am good now.

Thanks!

Retired SageTV in favor of Plex\Emby and YouTubeTV.

Last edited by SWKerr; 03-27-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Sometimes I find that SageTV doesn't fully extract a plugin, and it leaves the .jar files in a state that may cause issues (this happens if sagetv can't overwrite the file, etc). SageTV tries to fix this on a restart, so, in some cases, restarting sagetv should be enough to fix it.

But in the other cases, I created this tool,

https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv-...dater/releases

which can be used to re-download your existing plugins, and it will re-extract the files. In the event that you don't want to do a full re-install, then sometimes using this can do the trick.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have been experimenting with the Linux version of the open source version of Sagetv. I had downloaded the current Fanart plugin for Sagetv7 and all was working well. Being a novice with Linux, I messed something up and wound up reinstalling all of Sagetv and the plugins. One of the plugin files did not load properly after my reinstall and my Fanart is not working and I get a Phoenix error message. Some of the fanart configuration options within Sagetv are not available due to the file not loading properly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugins and also rebooting. Nothing has helped.

Am I correct that the utility referenced here will only work in Windows? If that's the case, can I manually delete the plugin files and re-download them? If so, can you tell me where to find them on my Linux (Ubuntu) server?

Thanks for any help from this Linux noob.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
I have been experimenting with the Linux version of the open source version of Sagetv. I had downloaded the current Fanart plugin for Sagetv7 and all was working well. Being a novice with Linux, I messed something up and wound up reinstalling all of Sagetv and the plugins. One of the plugin files did not load properly after my reinstall and my Fanart is not working and I get a Phoenix error message. Some of the fanart configuration options within Sagetv are not available due to the file not loading properly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugins and also rebooting. Nothing has helped.

Am I correct that the utility referenced here will only work in Windows? If that's the case, can I manually delete the plugin files and re-download them? If so, can you tell me where to find them on my Linux (Ubuntu) server?

Thanks for any help from this Linux noob.
I run linux, and I've installed sagetv 100s of times. This tool will likely run under linux, but it's very outdated... not sure it's still relevant.

What are you s specific errors, and, are there errors int he sagetv_0.txt log file?

You can certainly try running this tool... just not sure if it still works
Old 05-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was writing my reply when I thought I would try re-installing Phoenix Fanart For SageTV v 1.0.8 one more time to determine which plugin file got hung up last time.

I determined the file (Jackson annotations) and tried loading that one file separately. I did so, then uninstalled and reinstalled the Fanart and now I think it might be working. When it first started I got an error message on the main screen, "Phoenix Error" and the detail says "unable to download/update the phoenix views...Phoenix may not work correctly." It's possible that the reason for the error message is because my recording and movie directories are not set to the default locations for Linux. I tried manually scanning my directories and some fanart appeared. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the problem is solved because it seems that every time I fool around with the server Sage or OpenDCT stops running correctly. Linux doesn't seem to be as forgiving as Windows and it doesn't help that I am a complete novice.

Thanks so much for responding to my cry for help. I'll report back if I'm wrong and still having problems.