SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Sage User

Recording Name Issues

I record Super WHY! for my kids and when the metadata is updated it changes the name to Super Why!. However, it does not do this consistently and when it does they show up as two different entries in the recordings list. So I'll have 60 of the Super WHY! and 4 of Super Why! pretty consistently. It is getting really annoying to correct them every day. Any way you can make it so that it doesn't distinguish between upper and lower case?
Old 08-31-2012, 06:55 AM
Sage Icon

I think this is a BMT question. Diamond only displays what you have scraped by BMT so if the names are different then they will group that way. I think there is a way in BMT to force them to all be named one way but I have never done it so I'm not much help
Old 08-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
I think this is a BMT question. Diamond only displays what you have scraped by BMT so if the names are different then they will group that way. I think there is a way in BMT to force them to all be named one way but I have never done it so I'm not much help
Windows doesn't distinguish between upper and lower case, so you can't separate fanart files for them, so I'm not sure why they are being separated. I think it is a diamond issue, becaue this means that Game Of Thrones and Game of Thrones would be seen as different shows. I'm pretty sure this is undesired functionality with anyone. I just happen to be more annoyed than most

I'll check with the BMT forum as well though to see if I can get it to quit renaming the files.

-DH
Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Sage Icon

I've had a very similar issue with NOVA scienceNOW and Nova and Science and Now (or some combination thereof)
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 08-31-2012, 08:37 PM
SageTVaholic

I have the same issue with a Kids show called Ni Hao Kai-lan or Ni Hao Kai-Lan. I believe the problem is due to inconsistent capitalization in the EPG and/or BMT scraping and changing the names. You might be able to fix this with an entry in the mediatitles.xml file for BMT but I think I may have tried that as well.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have a similar issue. For example, Louis (CK's show) will sometimes record as "Louie" and sometimes record as "Louie (2012)" in separate folders.

Annoying, but I haven't cared enough about it to fix it....
Old 09-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I have the same issue with a Kids show called Ni Hao Kai-lan or Ni Hao Kai-Lan. I believe the problem is due to inconsistent capitalization in the EPG and/or BMT scraping and changing the names. You might be able to fix this with an entry in the mediatitles.xml file for BMT but I think I may have tried that as well.
Thank you, I didn't know about the mediatitles.xml file. I have aded an entry into the file for SuperWhy and am pointing it to tvdb as they are named Super WHY! on that site. The EPG is consistently naming it WHY, so hopefully this fixes it as I am sure it is a metadata issue. If I go 2 days without it changing any of the titles, I'll report back.

-DH
Old 09-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Sage User

No dice

The .xml file change didn't work. BMT doesn't appear to change the show title, I was wrong about the EPG always showing WHY. Any way to get the attention of the developers?

-DH
Old 09-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Sage Icon

Fuzzy posted the issue in the Gemstone issue log so it's on our radar. We're not promising anything at this point,

http://code.google.com/p/gemstone/issues/detail?id=27

Buy him a beer
Old 09-05-2012, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgb256 View Post
The .xml file change didn't work. BMT doesn't appear to change the show title, I was wrong about the EPG always showing WHY. Any way to get the attention of the developers?

-DH
the mediatitles.xml is used to FIND metadata, it doesn't actually change it. BMT uses the title provided by TVDB unless "Preserve Original Metadata" is enabled, and if that is enabled, then it uses the title from the epg. Unchecking that is somewhat dangerous, because if bmt gets it wrong, then your recording will now have an incorrect title/series/metadata

In terms of fixing this... I'm not sure what else bmt can do.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
the mediatitles.xml is used to FIND metadata, it doesn't actually change it. BMT uses the title provided by TVDB unless "Preserve Original Metadata" is enabled, and if that is enabled, then it uses the title from the epg. Unchecking that is somewhat dangerous, because if bmt gets it wrong, then your recording will now have an incorrect title/series/metadata

In terms of fixing this... I'm not sure what else bmt can do.
Thanks, I unchecked preserve data a while back and it messed up a BUNCH of my TV shows, so I guess I am stuck on the metadata side. Well hopefully, they'll figure out a way to sort independant of capitalization.

-DH
Old 09-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Fuzzy posted the issue in the Gemstone issue log so it's on our radar. We're not promising anything at this point,

http://code.google.com/p/gemstone/issues/detail?id=27

Buy him a beer

Thank you fuzzy! Beer will be waiting in Orlando for 'em.

-DH
Old 09-05-2012, 07:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Thank you fuzzy! Beer will be waiting in Orlando for 'em.

-DH
Just a note.... the change we work on will be for Gemstone as we are not changing Diamond anymore... so you will need to update to Gemstone to use the ignore-case option if we get it working

k
Old 09-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Just a note.... the change we work on will be for Gemstone as we are not changing Diamond anymore... so you will need to update to Gemstone to use the ignore-case option if we get it working

k
Thanks for the update, I didn't realize diamond was dead. Just saw that phoenix is fixing the sorting error, so I am going to upgrade to gemstone! Thanks.

OK, tried upgrading, but it doesn't work for me. Where can I find detailed install instructions, because I am obviously doing something wrong...

-DH

Last edited by dhgb256; 09-15-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the update, I didn't realize diamond was dead. Just saw that phoenix is fixing the sorting error, so I am going to upgrade to gemstone! Thanks.

OK, tried upgrading, but it doesn't work for me. Where can I find detailed install instructions, because I am obviously doing something wrong...

-DH
So far Gemstone is still in the test stages.... so testers only until we fully release it. If you are interested in testing then pm me with an email address... otherwise... wait a bit and we should be ready to push it out to everyone.

k

Tags
recording names