SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Missing Views?

BMT relies on the the virtual filesystem configuration, found in Phoenix. For some time, the phoenix-core and phoenix-ui have been shipping vfs files that contained similar views. As of release 2.3.42 or Phoenix-core the vfs.xml has been removed.

If after installing the updated phoenix package, you have no views, then you have 2 options.

1. Install Phoenix (from the full UI section) on the server (but you don't have to load the STV)
2. Download this file and put it in SAGE_HOME/userdata/Phoenix/vfs/. If you don't have a vfs directory, then create it. And the name of the filename can be anything you want, as long as it ends with .xml. (so vfs.xml or x-vfs.xml; both work fine)

In newer builds of BMT, I'll make sure that there is a vfs.xml file in the event that it is missing. But BMT package is a little behind the phoenix core/ui.

Sorry

Last edited by stuckless; 10-03-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Made the instructions a little clearer
Old 09-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hmm.. I'm a little confused.

I logged into my server yesterday and had no views available so I immediately came here and found this thread.

I am trying to follow option two instead of option one. I dislike installing software that I don't really need.

I downloaded the file you have linked to but I have some questions. First, the file is named 'x-vfs.xml'. Does it need to be renamed to just 'vfs.xml'? Secondly, I have no /vfs directory under the /SAGETV_HOME/userdata/Phoenix tree. Am I supposed to create that directory?

FYI, I stopped Sage, created that /vfs directory, and placed the 'x-vfs.xml' file into it and started Sage again. I still had no views so I stopped Sage and then then renamed the 'x-vfs.xml' to just 'vfs.xml'. I started Sage again and I still had no views from within BMT. I must be doing something wrong?
Old 10-24-2011, 04:24 PM

I ran into the Missings Views problem recently and found that the path in option 2 should be:

SAGETV_HOME/STVs/Phoenix/vfs

Place the file there and restart Sage service.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchan88 View Post
I ran into the Missings Views problem recently and found that the path in option 2 should be:

SAGETV_HOME/STVs/Phoenix/vfs

Place the file there and restart Sage service.
No... you should NOT install files there... you should install the files in
SAGE_HOME/userdata/Phoenix/vfs/

If you use the STVs area, then your files will be deleted/overwritten. That location is ONLY for the Phoenix team.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Just to clarify... SAGE_HOME refers to the location of where SageTV is installed.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:34 PM

Sorry if I had overstep my bounderies stuckless. I had the same results as posted by Biggens when following your instructions. Checking my backup of my SageTV directory, the vfs.xml file is located under STVs and no other place. So I restored the file and it fixed the missing views with no side effects.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:21 AM
Sage User

Thumbs up Missing Views? Not Any More

That was easy. Thank you stuckless.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

I started some bmt/phoenix work on the weekend. The "missing views" should be fixed in the next release as well.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Sage User

Hey Stuckless,

I'm having problems with seeing views in BMT, which just started happening after upgrading the other night.

Actually, just now, I figured out my issue, and it has to do with clearing the cache in my browser. I had already tried everything you suggested (downloading the vfs file, reinstalling Phoenix) but none of them got any views restored in BMT. But after clearing my browsers cache (Chrome), that fixed the problem.

Thought I'd still put this up here in case anyone else has this problem, try clearing your browsers cache and see if that fixes the problem.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:46 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
BMT relies on the the virtual filesystem configuration, found in Phoenix. For some time, the phoenix-core and phoenix-ui have been shipping vfs files that contained similar views. As of release 2.3.42 or Phoenix-core the vfs.xml has been removed.

If after installing the updated phoenix package, you have no views, then you have 2 options.

1. Install Phoenix (from the full UI section) on the server (but you don't have to load the STV)
2. Download this file and put it in SAGE_HOME/userdata/Phoenix/vfs/. If you don't have a vfs directory, then create it. And the name of the filename can be anything you want, as long as it ends with .xml. (so vfs.xml or x-vfs.xml; both work fine)

In newer builds of BMT, I'll make sure that there is a vfs.xml file in the event that it is missing. But BMT package is a little behind the phoenix core/ui.

Sorry
I just installed BMT and its reporting x-vfs.xml is missing, that link no longer works, any idea where I can get this file from ?

Thanks.

edit: fixed it, downloaded from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/st.../vfs/x-vfs.xml and had to put it under STVs rather than userdata

Last edited by starfire; 07-15-2016 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Been experimenting with the unRAID Docker package. I was not able to fix this by putting it in userdata/Phoenix/vfs. Still kept getting the error in system messages.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Been experimenting with the unRAID Docker package. I was not able to fix this by putting it in userdata/Phoenix/vfs. Still kept getting the error in system messages.
you'll want to put that file in STVs/Phoenix/vfs/

This is fixed in the next phoenix release.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Something is broken on my system with regards to Phoenix. I had a system running on 32 bit windows, and it was being limited by available RAM. So I built a new system on 64-bit windows 7 and 16GB. Now I feel more comfortable with Plex, Playon and Sagetv all on the same box (I also put in an 8-core Vishnu CPU). But, this new installation is having some issues with Phoenix. I keep getting red i errors: Phoenix Error - Unable to download/update the phoenix views. Phoenix may not work correctly.

So, I went to the backup of my old machine and looked around. I notice that the old box had
c:\sagetv\sagetv\STVs\Phoenix\vfs\vfs.xml, and my new box doesnt. So I shut down Sagetv, copied the file in there from my old installation, and restared Sagetv. Everything was cool, and then, suddenly vfs.xml vanished. The nearest thing I could see in the logs was maybe this:
Sun 8/21 17:01:15.382 [Seeker@1f8cfc6] Seeker clearing unwanted and partial files...
Maybe it was coincidental, maybe not. Anyway, right now my Phoenix is not happy, which also means that my BMT doesn't seem to be very happy. Wondered if there was anything I could do to debug this situation. Or any steps I can/need to take to correct this?
Old 08-22-2016, 03:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Simplest fix at this point is to install the Phoenix Full UI (you don't have to use the UI, just install it from the plugin system).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Sage User

BMT Update Not Compatible With Windows SageTV 9.0.4.232?

I received a notification that there was an update available, but also that it was Not Compatible since I am running the Windows version currently at 9.0.4.232 and it requires (apparently) the 9.0.7+ (Linux) version. Is this correct? I was using BMT with this version and it seemed to be working fine; I uninstalled the Server plugin thinking I could reinstall it with the latest version but I don't get the option because of the version conflict. Just wondering if in fact BMT requires 9.0.7 (Linux) to run, or if/how I can replace it on my 9.0.4 Win install... or, is there a 9.0.7 Windows install available that I have missed?

Thanks!
i5-6600K, 16GB, GeForce GT730 2GB, Win10 Pro 20H2, Java: 64-bit 1.8.0_271, SageTV x64 9.2.2.903
Old 09-11-2016, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

See this post...
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63485