SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cannot delete files

Whenever I try to delete a recording, I get an error message ("Could not delete xxx"). Imports delete no problem.

Any idea?
Old 08-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmm, imports are located on the actual machine where I'm testing Phoenix. Recordings are stored on a network share. Maybe it's a permissions thing?
Old 08-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can't be permissions, I can delete when I use the regular UI
Old 08-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Either I had it backwards, or now I can delete Recordings, but not Imports.

I've started using Phoenix on my server HTPC and the same behaviour is exhibited there.

Help!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

still having intermittent issues deleting files. is there a log I can read to see why phoenix refuses to delete these files?
Old 08-30-2011, 06:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you selecting the delete item on screen, or using the Delete button on a remote?
Old 08-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't have a delete key on my remotes. I've tried the menu item and the DEL key on my keyboard. Both refuse to delete some files.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:50 PM
SageTVaholic

The DEL key is only partially supported - we'll go through and make sure it's everywhere eventually.

The menu item should always work - unless for some reason the Sage core (ie not Phoenix) is disallowing the deletion.

btl.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, I have a half-dozen imported videos that I cannot delete with either the menu or the key. And if I drop back to the default UI I can delete them no problem (and also from my placeshifter and my MVP, which both still run sagemc).
Old 08-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm still having this problem, fwiw.

I just completed a full, from scratch re-install (windows, sage, everything) and I still cannot delete imported files from within Phoenix, unless (and this is interesting to me) I do so from the stop dialog that pops up at the end of playback. When I delete from there, it works fine, but any other time, I cannot delete. I can still delete no problem in the stock UI, from my extender, from placeshifter, and in windows itself (over the network or from the HTPC/server itself).

Everything is stored locally. Imports are accessed via UNC path (as are recordings). I am baffled.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

I also tried loading Phoenix on my MVP this morning and I could delete files from there no problem.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well, I never did get this working. Can only delete imports if I do it immediately after watching a file, from the stop dialog, if I'm in Phoenix.

I just built a new HTPC and did another from-scratch install, this time on all-new hardware. The only file (aside from media files) that is carried over from the old install is my wiz.bin, so I tried with a blank wiz.bin as well. No difference.

I also tried in Sage in "normal" mode (with the service turned off) - I was able to delete imports with no issues in this scenario.

I tried changing to the localsystem user, and also tried from both local and UNC paths (in service mode), and could not delete imports.

I added my user to have explicit full control on the files. I had my user take ownership of files. Still can't delete.

I don't know what else to try now. Am I really the only person who experiences this?
Old 04-25-2014, 07:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
Well, I never did get this working. Can only delete imports if I do it immediately after watching a file, from the stop dialog, if I'm in Phoenix.

I just built a new HTPC and did another from-scratch install, this time on all-new hardware. The only file (aside from media files) that is carried over from the old install is my wiz.bin, so I tried with a blank wiz.bin as well. No difference.

I also tried in Sage in "normal" mode (with the service turned off) - I was able to delete imports with no issues in this scenario.

I tried changing to the localsystem user, and also tried from both local and UNC paths (in service mode), and could not delete imports.

I added my user to have explicit full control on the files. I had my user take ownership of files. Still can't delete.

I don't know what else to try now. Am I really the only person who experiences this?
This doesn't help you... but, the "delete" in phoenix is not special. It just calls the SageTV delete API which is the same API that would be used from the stock stv, etc.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
This doesn't help you... but, the "delete" in phoenix is not special. It just calls the SageTV delete API which is the same API that would be used from the stock stv, etc.
Yeah but there has to be something different about how the stop dialog does it compared to the other ways, since that works... Or something that is different about how the file is accessed, or something.

It's also weird that it works in Single Mode but not in Service mode.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Sage User

Re:

I just installed phoenix and have the same problem. Have you found a solution?
Old 09-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

No, I never found a fix.

I've reinstalled and even rebuilt the whole server and consistently get the same error. All my clients work fine. It's bizarre.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:52 AM
Sage User

I had the same problem with my new installation and was able to fix the problem.

I think the problem was that my Wiz.bin was corrupted. I deleted a bunch or old recordings I did not need anymore and then I restarted with seeker/disable_root_path_existence_check=true (I think because I modified it and restarted and then looked at Sage.properties but the value was false?). That fixed the errors with my Wiz.bin and there is no more corrupt file and corrupted message showing up in logs. I am not sure if there's a way to detect what recordings are causing the corruption, I was lucky I got rid of it by deleting a bunch or old kids shows that my kids don't watch anymore because they are older.

Once my Wiz.bin was rebuilt I could use the STV (Phoenix 3 - PLite) and now recordings I delete using PLite are really deleted.

SERVER: Dell Poweredge R710 2x Xeon 5650 + 72GB RAM + 3x WD-Red 6GB 3.5" (6 bays) + 400GB SAS Cache Drive
SOFTWARE: Unraid + Docker + SageTV v9 + OpenDCT + Phoenix 3 (PLite) + BMT + Web UI
CAPTURE & IR: BM3500-HDMI (x2) + iTach IR2IP - Gentuner Script - Bell Fibe + Dish Network
CLIENTS: HD200 (x3) + HD300 (x2)
RETIRED: WinXP Server, HD-PVR (x2), USB-UIRT (10 years life as my SageTV setup)

Last edited by atchoo; 04-17-2018 at 09:55 AM.