SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Sage

Post Plugin Verifier Has Been Updated

Howdy all,

We just uploaded a new version of the automated plugin verification system to the server so I just wanted to let you know the new things it does vs. the old one. This is the program that runs on our servers that analyzes plugin submissions for valid syntax and other things before publishing them into the repository.

Updates are:

1) Plugin removal requests can now be made without having to specify a manifest

2) Screenshots can be transferred from the download2.sagetv.com FTP server to the download.sagetv.com server in the same way that package files can

3) Circular dependencies are now prevented (i.e. the submissions will be rejected)

4) Plugins cannot be removed if other plugins are dependent on them

5) Creation date is created automatically if not specified on a new plugin submissions (it will be appended to the manifest automatically in the repository)

6) Modification date is created automatically if not specified for new/upgrade plugin submissions (it will be appended to the manifest automatically in the repository)

Thanks again for all the plugin contributions. We're now on version 247 of the repository (each change made to the plugin repository increments the version and probably no more than two dozen of those are from us doing internal testing of things...so there's been over 200 user contributed updates so far)
Old 06-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Sage

Uploaded a new version again; there was a bug in the circular dependency checking where it would warn about common dependencies as being circular. This has been fixed now.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
4) Plugins cannot be removed if other plugins are dependent on them
Could we mark the the plugin as being "deprecated". I can think of cases where a developer would like to remove their plugin, especially if they are no longer going to support it. It would be nice to at least mark it as deprecated, so that any developer that is depending on that plugin can clearly see that the original author no longer wants to maintain it.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Could we mark the the plugin as being "deprecated". I can think of cases where a developer would like to remove their plugin, especially if they are no longer going to support it. It would be nice to at least mark it as deprecated, so that any developer that is depending on that plugin can clearly see that the original author no longer wants to maintain it.
You could put a warning to that effect into the description or release notes. Just append a ".1" to the end of your version number and resubmit using the same zips.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

I'm trying to figure out how removing a plugin from the repository works. If a plugin gets removed from the repository, then any user with it installed is no longer able to uninstall it. Or am I completely wrong with that?

John
Old 06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
I'm trying to figure out how removing a plugin from the repository works. If a plugin gets removed from the repository, then any user with it installed is no longer able to uninstall it. Or am I completely wrong with that?
Sage keeps the information about installed plugins locally, so you can still uninstall them even if they're no longer in the repository.

(Although I've just noticed a bug in the UI that causes it to say "Update Available" in this case.)