SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

BMT Library Upgrade Tool for SageTV 7

You can download and run this jar file. It will clean out any duplicate conficting jar files in your SageTV 7 installation.

Some notes...
1. If you are running Windows and you have UAC turned on, I'm not sure if this will work.
2. Do not run this on SageTV 6
3. Backup your JARs directory before you run this tool.

When you click on the above link, you may get the option to "run" the jar file using Java. If, so then you can choose to run it, and it should look something like the screen shot below. If you choose to save it, and then run it, you may be able to simply double click the jar file and then run it. Or, the final way it use the command line, provided that the jar file is the same directory and the command prompt.

Code:
# java -jar BMTUpgradeToolForSage7.jar

Feel free to discuss this tool or issues related to this tool, in this thread.

The tool should ONLY need to be run in cases where you migrated from SageTV6 to SageTV7 AND you had BMT installed in SageTV6.

Good luck, and sorry for the headaches
Attached Images
File Type: png 2.png (24.5 KB, 3769 views)
Old 05-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

AWESOME!

I will try this ASAP and will report back.

Thank so much for all your hard work. It is truly appreciated. And as i said before please let me know if i can help with anything!

~Pix64
Old 05-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Sage Icon

Worked PERFECTLY!!!!

Thanks so much!

~Pix64
Old 05-28-2010, 08:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Worked PERFECTLY!!!!

Thanks so much!

~Pix64
Glad to hear it. Hopefully, now that the jars are cleaned out correctly, you won't run into this issue again. But, if you do, then keep note of any new plugins that you install as well.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Glad to hear it. Hopefully, now that the jars are cleaned out correctly, you won't run into this issue again. But, if you do, then keep note of any new plugins that you install as well.
Someday will find that commons jar and who is including it huh
Old 05-28-2010, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Someday will find that commons jar and who is including it huh
I suspect that it may have been a fluke more than anything... but we are all busy, and we are all prone short cuts If I found a plugin that was bundling jars, I'd politely let them know
Old 05-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Sage Icon

So far all new plugins including yours stuckless work great. they show up as installed rather than failed like before

bmt web ui works
bmt ui interface for tv works great

AWESOME!

now if Plucky would just release the new My Movies id be in business ;-)

JK

Awesome job guys!!!!!!

~Pix64
Old 05-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hmm I cant seem to be able to access the Sage Imports section of the web ui after this upgrade....

I can access the web ui, but I keep getting an endless spinning circle when clicking browse>sage tv imports

any ideas why??

thanks!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatchalov View Post
Hmm I cant seem to be able to access the Sage Imports section of the web ui after this upgrade....

I can access the web ui, but I keep getting an endless spinning circle when clicking browse>sage tv imports

any ideas why??

thanks!
send me the logs/*.log files and I'll see if I see anything. (you can create this from the Tools -> Create Support menu in the web ui.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Holy crap, guys... I may seem a little "over excited" right now, but I've just been perusing these Beta forums and stumbled across this thread from another post that stuckless posted... I've been waiting for "browse imports" since I first started using BMT 3's webui.... now I find that it's here in v4 for Sage 7?

Was this in the first Sage 7 plugin for BMT 4?? Or did it get updated? In any event, I just want to say that Sean has outdone himself again!

Keep up the great work, guys!!! Wish I could buy you all a
Old 06-01-2010, 05:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
Holy crap, guys... I may seem a little "over excited" right now, but I've just been perusing these Beta forums and stumbled across this thread from another post that stuckless posted... I've been waiting for "browse imports" since I first started using BMT 3's webui.... now I find that it's here in v4 for Sage 7?

Was this in the first Sage 7 plugin for BMT 4?? Or did it get updated? In any event, I just want to say that Sean has outdone himself again!

Keep up the great work, guys!!! Wish I could buy you all a
Thanks. The browse imports was a part of the bmt 4 betas, which was released before the Sage7 beta.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Sage User

Java VM Launcher: Could not find the main class - ?

When I run this tool, I get the following window with a big red X:
Java Virtual Machine Launcher
Could not find the main class. Program will exit.

Trying to run this on WHS through remote desktop with SageTV service stopped, and then with the SageTV service started.

It won't work any of the first two ways that you said might work, but I can't figure out how to run it the third way:

"the final way it use the command line, provided that the jar file is the same directory and the command prompt."

EDIT: ran it from the command line in the Program Files\SageTV\SageTV directory, but that didn't work, either.

Thanks for any help that you can be to getting this tool to run, in order to get rid of the duplicate jar files.
DVD: Clearplay 747HD - filters out the filth I don't want to hear/see; works great with the HD-PVR to archive cleaned-up movies that our whole family can enjoy.

Last edited by Wified; 06-03-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:10 AM
SageTVaholic

On WHS java is a run time library in the jre folder under Sage TV folder.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wified View Post
When I run this tool, I get the following window with a big red X:
Java Virtual Machine Launcher
Could not find the main class. Program will exit.

Trying to run this on WHS through remote desktop with SageTV service stopped, and then with the SageTV service started.

It won't work any of the first two ways that you said might work, but I can't figure out how to run it the third way:

"the final way it use the command line, provided that the jar file is the same directory and the command prompt."

EDIT: ran it from the command line in the Program Files\SageTV\SageTV directory, but that didn't work, either.

Thanks for any help that you can be to getting this tool to run, in order to get rid of the duplicate jar files.

I don't have WHS, but here's what I would suspect that you'd need to do...

> cd to dir where you downloaded BMTUpgradeToolForSage7.jar
> "FULL_PATH_TO_JAVA_DOT_EXE"-jar BMTUpgradeToolForSage7.jar

that will launch a UI, if you don't have a UI, ie, you are ssh'ed to your box... then you also pass the full path to the sage home...

> "FULL_PATH_TO_JAVA_DOT_EXE"-jar BMTUpgradeToolForSage7.jar "FULL_PATH_TO_SAGE_HOME"

note the "QUOTE" because if there are spaces in your paths, then you'll need to "QUOTE" them.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I don't have WHS, but here's what I would suspect that you'd need to do...

> cd to dir where you downloaded BMTUpgradeToolForSage7.jar
> "FULL_PATH_TO_JAVA_DOT_EXE"-jar BMTUpgradeToolForSage7.jar
Thanks for this advice. I can't find the java.exe. But following Big Gerr's note to look in jre, the .exe in there didn't work.

Let me ask this another way:
If I manually delete the duplicate .jars that are noted in the Web UI, and if I also delete:
Quote:
The solution is to remove the jar file named, "sagex.api.jar" from the JARs directory and then restart SageTV.
Are there any other duplicate .jars that need to be removed?
DVD: Clearplay 747HD - filters out the filth I don't want to hear/see; works great with the HD-PVR to archive cleaned-up movies that our whole family can enjoy.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wified View Post
Thanks for this advice. I can't find the java.exe. But following Big Gerr's note to look in jre, the .exe in there didn't work.
Maybe a WHS user can help... I don't really know Typically on windows, I install Java, and it's usually under Program Files/Java.

Quote:
Let me ask this another way:
If I manually delete the duplicate .jars that are noted in the Web UI, and if
Unfortunately no... the web-ui was designed for SageTV6 and the "duplicate" jars that it may list, are NOT the ones that need to be deleted in Sage7.

The basic algorithm for Sage7 is this...
remove sagex.api.jar (do not delete sagex-api.jar)
sort the jar files
given 2 jars, such as commons-lang.jar and commons-lang-VERSION.jar, where VERSION is the jar version (ie, 2.3), then delete the commons-lang.jar
given 2 jars, such as commons-lang-VERSION1.jar and commons-lang-VERSION2.jar, then remove the jar that has the LOWER version number.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Sage User

Quote:
The basic algorithm for Sage7 is this...
remove sagex.api.jar (do not delete sagex-api.jar)
sort the jar files
given 2 jars, such as commons-lang.jar and commons-lang-VERSION.jar, where VERSION is the jar version (ie, 2.3), then delete the commons-lang.jar
given 2 jars, such as commons-lang-VERSION1.jar and commons-lang-VERSION2.jar, then remove the jar that has the LOWER version number.
Thanks for this. I only found 2 files that fit this algorithm. I hope that sounds correct.

I also found several other files that had been renamed like this:
phoenix.jar
phoenix.jar.17
The file without the number appended at the end always has a more recent date modified.

Can or should I delete these files that have had a number appended to the end?
Old 06-03-2010, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe a WHS user can help... I don't really know Typically on windows, I install Java, and it's usually under Program Files/Java.
This is normally what I do on WHS also when running Sage. But the path to the java.exe on WHS is C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jre\bin when you haven't downloaded the full java SE. Hopefully that will help.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Sage User

I got it to work. To run this on WHS:

Remote Desktop into WHS.
Put BMTUpgradeToolForSage7.jar into:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jre\bin
Using command prompt (Run, cmd), navigate to the above directory.
Enter:
java-rmi -jar BMTUpgradeToolForSage7.jar

When the tool window opens, Select SageTV Home:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV

Hit Upgrade.

Thanks, Sean, for your tireless work on making things like this that make SageTV shine. And Gerry, thanks for always being there to help.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

I ran this tool on my sage server, and my Client quit working that is on a seperate PC. The client would not change channels, however I opened placeshifter on another PC and I could change channels. I restarted the Client and sage would not come up, it got to a black screen with a spinning icon and froze. When I ran this tool I shut down the service on my server but did not shut down my client. I tried rebooting the client and still nothing.
To resolve I shut down the service, restored the jar directory and it is working again.
The issue I am working to resolve is getting bmt to work, I cannot access the web interface. I installed through the plugin mgr, also sagetv keeps reporting Automatic Metadata Failed (Code 10100).