SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Metadata Tools Roadmap

With Sage7 now in beta, it's important to set the expectations of what will happen to this project in the long run.

The current and ONLY release of BMT for Sage6 is 4.0-beta21.

I think Sage7 holds a lot of promise for how tools like BMT can integrate with the core Sage system, and Sage7 version of bmt is pretty stable and I'm continuing to add new features. Unfortunately, those features are not making their way back to the Sage6 version.

At some time, I may look at creating a newer build of bmt for Sage6, but unfortunately, getting bmt to run under Sage6 required a lot of hacking that was resolved in the Sage7 apis. While having a newer version of bmt for Sage6 would be nice to do, I have to see how that will fit in with my other projects.

Last edited by stuckless; 08-27-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Updated RoadMap to include link to the Sage6 version.