SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-03-2023, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Sage recordings and Jellyfin server - artwork problems

For movies and tv shows recorded via SageTV server on W10, 64bit system...

I'm experimenting with Jellyfin as a reliable, remote access software platform.

I can get access, remote access, playback etc., but can't seem to download/associate any film/TV artwork via the metadata plugins which Jellyfin supplies.

Anyone know the secret for grabbing and displaying artwork for Jellyfin libraries?

Are we supposed to RENAME every, single recorded file in a way that Jellyfin understands it? That would suck a little...
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 05-03-2023 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-03-2023, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
For movies and tv shows recorded via SageTV server on W10, 64bit system...

I'm experimenting with Jellyfin as a reliable, remote access software platform.

I can get access, remote access, playback etc., but can't seem to download/associate any film/TV artwork via the metadata plugins which Jellyfin supplies.

Anyone know the secret for grabbing and displaying artwork for Jellyfin libraries?
I know nothing of Jellyfin, other than taking a 30-second look at it, just now, on the web. I looked at the naming conventions it wants to see.

After working with Plex for a number of years, I'd advise looking into the file naming. Default SageTV file naming conventions do not play nice with Plex and it seems to me that Jellyfin is similar to Plex in what it expects.

On SageTV, Detail Setup | Customize has options you'll probably want to change. One is "Include Season and episode numbers in filenames." Changing "Include episode names in filenames" would be good to change. Both should be Yes.

In Sage.properties you'll want to change to true "extended_filenames". I thought there was an option on the GUI for it, but, according to my notes, it does not look like there is.

Regarding History, that's a project. I hope someone, smarter than me, has a better idea on what to do. My way of doing it is manual.
  1. create properties file for a recording
  2. manually rename the recording file and the properties file in the file system
  3. do a bunch of 1 and 2
  4. rescan media. Sage should find the renamed files as recordings.
  5. Delete the 0 byte artifacts under the old recording name.

Good luck. I wonder if the default file naming for SageTV should be closer to what Plex and Jellyfin expect. By the way, the Plex plugin helps interface Sage with Plex, but it's not perfect. Movies work better that TV shows.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 05-03-2023, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

JellyFin/Emby looks for series to be in a folder with the name of the series.... this is one of the reasons I no longer use SageTV for recording only keep it active to watch pre-recorded Series. You would have to move and rename the files.

\\Backupdvr\emby\TV\Without a Trace (2002)\Season 6\Without a Trace S06E03 Res Ipsa.mkv

Last edited by nyplayer; 05-03-2023 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2023, 12:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless had a Java Script to rename them not sure where it is.

I think this is it ....

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58024

Last edited by nyplayer; 05-03-2023 at 12:13 PM.