SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 11-19-2022, 08:03 AM
Sage Icon

java8 & java11 Docker Issues

I am using the latest sagetvopen-sagetv-server-opendct-java11 docker on Unraid 6.10.3. Although the java11 docker is able to import DVD vob folder structures without any issues, it will not recognize/import DVD .iso files. I prefer the .iso format; it results in a single file which means I don't have to worry about the various vob files for a DVD ending up on different drives, which might then create a couple-second pause in the middle of playback while a different drive has to spinup.

So I downgraded to the latest sagetvopen-sagetv-server-opendct-java8 docker, which seems to import .iso files just fine. However, I began to receive "Capture Error in playback" messages, which are quite annoying and affect WAF (see the image below, and also https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67087). So I switched back to the latest sagetvopen-sagetv-server-opendct-java11 docker, and the capture error issue went away (but the .iso import issue returned).

I am hoping that somebody can take a look at the dockers, and resolve one of the above issues. If I had a choice, my preference would be to get the java11 docker able to import .iso files, as I would prefer to be on a more recent version of java.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 11-19-2022, 10:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I will compare the configs and see if I can see what needs to be done on the Java 11 opendct docker to resolve the iso issue.

Any chance you can test .iso on the Java 11 docker that does not include opendct to see if that plays .iso files.. That will help narrow it down.

k
Old 11-20-2022, 06:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I will compare the configs and see if I can see what needs to be done on the Java 11 opendct docker to resolve the iso issue.

Any chance you can test .iso on the Java 11 docker that does not include opendct to see if that plays .iso files.. That will help narrow it down.

k
I will try to test using the docker mentioned above. But just to be clear, playback of the .iso files works perfectly (on my HD300s). It is only the importing of new .iso files that does not seem to work.

Last edited by KeithAbbott; 11-20-2022 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-20-2022, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
I will try to test using the docker mentioned above. But just to be clear, playback of the .iso files works perfectly (on my HD300s). It is only the importing of new .iso files that does not seem to work.
Thanks for the clarification. That will help.

k
Old 11-22-2022, 07:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

k
I tested importing an .iso dvd file using the sagetvopen-sagetv-server-java11 docker. It was unsuccessful as well. I am wondering if there was a change to java between java 8 and java 11 that has inadvertently disabled this functionality.

It would also be good to know if anyone else has been able to recreate this issue, although there may not be many of us who import .iso files versus vob folder structures.
Old 11-22-2022, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I tested importing an .iso dvd file using the sagetvopen-sagetv-server-java11 docker. It was unsuccessful as well. I am wondering if there was a change to java between java 8 and java 11 that has inadvertently disabled this functionality.

It would also be good to know if anyone else has been able to recreate this issue, although there may not be many of us who import .iso files versus vob folder structures.
Can you post a log from after a failed import...and possibly a log from a success under Java 8

k
Old 11-23-2022, 11:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can you post a log from after a failed import...and possibly a log from a success under Java 8

k
I've attached log files for both java 8 and 11 imports. However, you might want to hold off spending much time looking into this, until I can verify whether it is now working or not in java 11. In the past, I had switched back and forth between the java 8 and java 11 dockers by updating the docker name and repository in the Unraid docker screen. But to do the various testing that you asked me to do, I actually installed the dockers from the Unraid Apps screen, and stopped and started the appropriate docker. After starting the java 11 docker, one of the .iso imports worked. So I'm going to live with this for a while and see if the issue still exists or not. If it does still exist, I will add a post into this thread asking for additional help.

Sage Log File Snippet-java8.txt
Sage Log File Snippet-java11.txt
Old 11-23-2022, 11:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've attached log files for both java 8 and 11 imports. However, you might want to hold off spending much time looking into this, until I can verify whether it is now working or not in java 11. In the past, I had switched back and forth between the java 8 and java 11 dockers by updating the docker name and repository in the Unraid docker screen. But to do the various testing that you asked me to do, I actually installed the dockers from the Unraid Apps screen, and stopped and started the appropriate docker. After starting the java 11 docker, one of the .iso imports worked. So I'm going to live with this for a while and see if the issue still exists or not. If it does still exist, I will add a post into this thread asking for additional help.

Attachment 18154
Attachment 18155
Sounds good.

k