SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:52 PM
Sage User

HD300 cannot auto connect

When I turn on my HD300 the unit tells me that it cannot connect to the Sage server and it is waiting for the server to "wake up". The server is actually up and running just fine.
I tell it to stop trying to auto-connect. From the Sage settings screen I can go to the list of servers and connect to the server with no issue. I saw on the server list that auto connect was enabled.
Why is the HD300 not able to auto connect but can manually connect with no issue?
The server version is V9.2.1.826 (32-bit)
Java 1.8.0_261
Windows 10 64-bit (2004 version)
Old 08-31-2020, 10:24 PM
Sage User

I thought maybe I needed the server to be able to respond to Ping requests. I enabled that in the Windows firewall rules but it didn't make a difference. Is there some other Windows firewall setting I should change?

I had been using Zone Alarm as a firewall in the past with no issues. I have lately gone away from that and reverted to the built-in firewall in Windows 10 and I'm not that familiar with its options.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHuisingh View Post
I thought maybe I needed the server to be able to respond to Ping requests. I enabled that in the Windows firewall rules but it didn't make a difference. Is there some other Windows firewall setting I should change?

I had been using Zone Alarm as a firewall in the past with no issues. I have lately gone away from that and reverted to the built-in firewall in Windows 10 and I'm not that familiar with its options.
Poke around the posts here the last couple of weeks. Quite a few of us have been having HD300 problems since late July. There may be answers for you to try in these threads...
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 09-01-2020, 04:10 PM
Sage User

Thanks. I will look. I even turned off my server's firewall but still no auto-connect.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage User

I can see in the HD300 network settings that it has an IP address so that doesn't appear to be the issue (firmware 20101007-0). It can connect to the server - it just can't do it automatically.
I have another HD300 that auto-connects just fine (firmware 20101007-0).

I've noticed that on both units, however, the standalone interface cannot connect to get weather info. Should it be able to do that? The weather screen says "Weather data provided by weather.com". All the weather data points are either blank or null.

When I am connected to the server the weather configuration is different. The Online weather screen says "Powered by Dark Sky" and I have actual weather data/forecasts. Will this remain since Apple purchased Dark Sky and is removing Android support for it?
Old 09-07-2020, 03:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHuisingh View Post
I can see in the HD300 network settings that it has an IP address so that doesn't appear to be the issue (firmware 20101007-0). It can connect to the server - it just can't do it automatically.
I have another HD300 that auto-connects just fine (firmware 20101007-0).

I've noticed that on both units, however, the standalone interface cannot connect to get weather info. Should it be able to do that? The weather screen says "Weather data provided by weather.com". All the weather data points are either blank or null.

When I am connected to the server the weather configuration is different. The Online weather screen says "Powered by Dark Sky" and I have actual weather data/forecasts. Will this remain since Apple purchased Dark Sky and is removing Android support for it?
I never use stand alone mode, but I am not surprised that weather is broken there. Weather.com stopped supporting their free api several years ago. There is no way to create new/updated firmware for the extenders anymore, so that will probably never be fixed.

When connected to the server, you can take advantage of plugins. A Sage user created the Darksky weather plugin. However, as you pointed out Darksky was purchased by Apple and they already announced that they would be phasing out support for the API. So that plugin is going to break soon too. Luckily that plugin has a second source for some of its data, so it should still at least partially work after Darksky goes dark.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR

Tags
auto connect, auto-connect, autoconnect, hd300, server