SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Photo Rotation in Stand Alone Mode

I have retired my SageTV server and am using an HD-300 in stand alone mode to display a photo screensaver on one of my TVs. I have discovered that it does not recognize the "rotation" parameter in the photo metadata (set by Windows File Explorer.). The only workaround I have found for this is to use a third party program that physically rotates the photos. Given the number of photos I have, this is a giant PITA. The program I found does process multiple photos by directory buy it has limitations.

Given that the HD-300 will never see a firmware update, does anybody have any ideas on how to get around this?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

What type of device are the photos stored on, and how is that device connected to the HD300? What software have you been using to rotate the photos?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 02-25-2020, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

The photos are stored on a small ReadyNAS box. I have the photo directory on the NAS set as an import directory on the HD-300. Why would this matter?

I'm using this to rotate: https://www.ivertech.com/quickResize...sersGuide.aspx

It says it's a resizer, but it also rotates the pictures based on the metadata.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
The photos are stored on a small ReadyNAS box. I have the photo directory on the NAS set as an import directory on the HD-300. Why would this matter?
Because the ReadyNAS likely runs Linux, which might give options to use an app to do rotation. Versus if you are just using an external portable USB drive, which would give you exactly zero options (unless you disconnected it from the HD300 and plugged it in to a computer).
Old 02-25-2020, 07:54 PM
Sage Icon

You might want to check into ImBatch, which is actually freeware. From the vendor’s website:

https://www.highmotionsoftware.com/a...ch-rotate-exif

I can’t be certain that it will do what you are looking for, but it seems like a possibility.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:51 PM
Sage Icon

There is also a Linux command line utility called exiftran that might be able to solve your problem. I don’t have a ReadyNAS, so I don’t know if exiftran is available for your device or not.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:29 AM

Photo and Video screensaver

Can i suggest gphotoshow.

https://www.gphotoshow.com/

This screen saver is extensive. Check it out.