SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Gemstone for v9
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v9 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Weather fixes for Gemstone

I pushed a new version which does the following....
  • Yahoo weather fixed - should just work now if this is what you used previously
  • Added Dark Sky Weather provider. This provider requires a user key.
    • Create a file in the root SageTV folder called darksky.properties with only 1 line in it "key=userkey"
    • no quotes in the line and replace userkey with the one you get when signing up
    • without a user key Dark Sky provider will not update other than on restart of the server

Location for Yahoo or Dark Sky can be entered as...
  • City,ST - no spaces. ST is province or state
  • Postal/Zip - no spaces

As time permits I will likely add some extra weather info that Dark Sky provides.

k

Last edited by jusjoken; 01-20-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have Tom Miranda's plugin working with the default STV - installed the new updates - still does not work in Gemstone for me though.

I am wondering if it is because I am in Canada?

Using Paris, CA for my location - if I use Paris only it will load Paris, FR (France) and then it does show properly in Gemstone.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Dwight

Link to Sage Log File:
sagetv_0.txt.zip
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 01-20-2019, 10:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstanley View Post
I have Tom Miranda's plugin working with the default STV - installed the new updates - still does not work in Gemstone for me though.

I am wondering if it is because I am in Canada?

Using Paris, CA for my location - if I use Paris only it will load Paris, FR (France) and then it does show properly in Gemstone.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Dwight

Link to Sage Log File:
sagetv_0.txt.zip
Try this....
- postal code such as N3L0A1 (no spaces)
- City,State such as Paris,ON (no space)

I tried both an they worked. I may need to add some parsing to remove spaces.

Note: the gemstone dark sky implementation does NOT use tmiranda's plugin at all.

k
Old 01-20-2019, 12:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Aww man ... why didn’t I think of trying that. Looks great - thank you SO much!

Dwight
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 01-20-2019, 09:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2019, 10:00 PM
Sage User

Issues after update

jusjoken:

After updating gemstone in order to get the darksky fix, I am now having a problem where gemstone won't even load. In looking into the log file I am getting this:

Sun 1/20 22:40:17.513 [SageTV@130786a] CorePluginManager is checking plugin: gemstone-api type: Standard version: 1.0501 by: jusjoken,Fuzzy,PluckyHD
Sun 1/20 22:40:17.520 [SageTV@130786a] Plugin gemstone-api is enabled, try to load it from class: Gemstone.GemstonePlugin
Sun 1/20 22:40:17.537 [SageTV@130786a] ERROR loading plugin class Gemstone.GemstonePlugin of:java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Gemstone/GemstonePlugin : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
Sun 1/20 22:40:17.547 [SageTV@130786a] Loading of plugin gemstone-api failed!

What did I do???? I'm running version 9 on win10.
Thanks for your help!
Todd
Old 01-21-2019, 04:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thopkin1 View Post
jusjoken:

After updating gemstone in order to get the darksky fix, I am now having a problem where gemstone won't even load. In looking into the log file I am getting this:

Sun 1/20 22:40:17.513 [SageTV@130786a] CorePluginManager is checking plugin: gemstone-api type: Standard version: 1.0501 by: jusjoken,Fuzzy,PluckyHD
Sun 1/20 22:40:17.520 [SageTV@130786a] Plugin gemstone-api is enabled, try to load it from class: Gemstone.GemstonePlugin
Sun 1/20 22:40:17.537 [SageTV@130786a] ERROR loading plugin class Gemstone.GemstonePlugin of:java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Gemstone/GemstonePlugin : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
Sun 1/20 22:40:17.547 [SageTV@130786a] Loading of plugin gemstone-api failed!

What did I do???? I'm running version 9 on win10.
Thanks for your help!
Todd
What java version are you using. Make sure its at least 1.8

k
Old 01-21-2019, 09:38 AM
Sage User

Thank you jusjoken! I was on Java 1.7 after I updated everything is now working including darksky!

Thank you!
Old 06-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am running Linux server with openjdk version "1.8.0_212" I have the user api for darknet installed on my server as well as a win 10 client. The temp will display with gemstone but I am finding that it never seems to update. Is there any limitations on the api regarding number of times used ? I think we are within the limit for update calls. Is this a bug? How should this be working?
Old 06-01-2019, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you get and set the darksky api key? If not, it will only update on server restart.

k
Old 06-03-2019, 02:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

yes
api key file as explained elsewhere to create & install into plugin file was done. Maybe it was an installation glitch on my part? Right now I have darksky configured on win 10 client & yahoo on linux server. The client with darksky doesnt seem to update.

I just checked both the yahoo & darksky weather pages for my location in browser & neither match what is being displayed in sagetv.

Last edited by Galaxysurfer; 06-03-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

How often is it supposed to update or do we need to do a manual update for data refresh?
Old 06-03-2019, 02:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is possible to have a custom location for Darksky in Sagetv? In my Canadian city, Darksky will give me a more specific location based on a street location (their pick) or on webpage address it displays by lat & long. Because it is a large city the temp can vary a few degrees dependent on exact location.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

To determine the issue i likely need to see the gemstone and phoenix logs with debug enabled in gemstone.

Darksky api has NO address lookup so their website uses something they dont make available. Gemstone uses the Yahoo api for location based on the postal, zip, city,st etc. and returns the lat,long which darksky uses.

If you provide logs and examples i can see whats happening in your case as i did test various canadian locations

k
Old 06-04-2019, 06:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

What settings do I need to tweak to get you the required data? I will dive in once I get another lull in sagetv use. I will send you both server & client data so it gives you a bit of everything meaning win client & linux server with various setting combos.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
What settings do I need to tweak to get you the required data? I will dive in once I get another lull in sagetv use. I will send you both server & client data so it gives you a bit of everything meaning win client & linux server with various setting combos.
Options, utility i believe and then setup log level to debug.

Recreate the issue and then post the sagetv_0.txt and then from the logs folder grab gemstone.log and phoenix.log

k
Old 06-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am wondering if there is a limit on how many pc's you can use the darksky license api on, meaning if you try to run the license on more than one pc at the same time it has an issue? I have 2 running linux server & win 10 client. Is the probable solution to get 2 different license keys running for each rig?
Old 06-12-2019, 05:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
I am wondering if there is a limit on how many pc's you can use the darksky license api on, meaning if you try to run the license on more than one pc at the same time it has an issue? I have 2 running linux server & win 10 client. Is the probable solution to get 2 different license keys running for each rig?
Not likely the issue. If the key worked at all you would get updates. Go to your DarkSky account and see if it is being used...I doubt it.

I need logs to know more.

k