SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Phoenix 3.0
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix 3.0 This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix 3.0 custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeezer View Post
I'm really liking this.
Thanks!

Quote:
One thing I have noticed, if I am playing a recording and press 'back' which pauses playback, and then hit 'back' again I return to the main menu but the colors and shows are gone. I have a black background and a yellow bar to show my selection. If I stop playback using the on screen display ie. long press OK, select the square, then hit back to return to the main menu everything is normal.
You can fix this but will have to go to the default UI. Basically you have it set to not show video behind windows. There's a setting you can change there to say either put the video in a window, full screen, or off. Yours is set to off. Set that to full screen and it'll work as intended. I'll add an option for that in the next release from within PLite.

Quote:
Also, and this may not be a plite thing, is there a way to have the exit button bypass the confirmation dialog and simply exit back to the main menu immediately? My wife can't seem to remember that the "Menu" button on the remote goes to the
I'll look and see. I think that would be something in PLite. And I still forget and leave sage altogether with the Android menu key
Old 02-12-2017, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
The custom menu items rely only on the view name - so as long as that doesn't change it should still work.
Yeah, I had an error in my file so the views themselves disappeared. When I fixed the file, everything worked as expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Odd....I use this in a number of gemstone views and it works. I just tested it and it works.

More odd, this view is not working for me:
Code:
        <view name="phoenix.view.custom.importedTVseasons" label="Imported TV Shows (Seasons)" flat="true">
            <description>Imported TV Shows, Grouped by Show Then Season Then Episode</description>
            <tag value="tv"/>
            <tag value="default"/>
            <view-source name="phoenix.view.primary.importedtv"/>

<presentation level="1">
                <group by="show"/>
                <sort by="title">
                    <option name="sort-order" value="asc"/>
                </sort>
            </presentation>

<presentation level="2">
                <group by="season"/>
                <sort by="title"/>
            </presentation>

<presentation level="3">
                <sort by="seasonepisode"/>
            </presentation>
        </view>
I don't suppose Gemstone is using a different version of Phoenix?
Old 02-12-2017, 08:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
I don't suppose Gemstone is using a different version of Phoenix?
I did test this on a test machine that is NOT running the latest phoenix core but it's not far behind. later today i will update it to the latest and try again and report back.

k
Old 02-12-2017, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

That view is almost identical to the TV Shows (Seasons) view in the phoenix-core. If you load that one up does it work (obviously the one in the core has more sources than you want, but IF that one works I would expect yours to work also unless there is a bit of a syntax error in there that isn't obvious?

Also, when you say it doesn't work what does that mean exactly? There are lots of ways it could not work
Old 02-12-2017, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I did test this on a test machine that is NOT running the latest phoenix core but it's not far behind. later today i will update it to the latest and try again and report back.

k
I tested the view I posted on Gemstone using the current released 3.0.5 of the phoenix jar and it works as expected.

k
Old 02-12-2017, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That view is almost identical to the TV Shows (Seasons) view in the phoenix-core. If you load that one up does it work (obviously the one in the core has more sources than you want, but IF that one works I would expect yours to work also unless there is a bit of a syntax error in there that isn't obvious?

Also, when you say it doesn't work what does that mean exactly? There are lots of ways it could not work
What, you can't read my mind?

Sorry, what I mean is when I browse to a show with a single season, that season isn't "pruned", I have to dig through Level 2 (seasons) regardless of how many seasons a show has.

So for example if Show1 has one season, I'll see something like this:
  • Show 1 (level 1)
    • Season 1 (level 2)
      • Episode 1 (level 3)
      • Episode 2
      • etc
What I'm trying to get is this:
  • Show 1 (level 1)
    • Episode 1 (level 3)
    • Episode 2
    • etc

I tried Imported TV (Seasons) which behaves the same way (I think that's probably the view I stole to start), but it doesn't have the prune option in it, so that one appears to be working correctly.

And crap, I just realized I pasted the wrong view in previous post, this is the one I'm trying to use:

Code:
        <view name="phoenix.view.custom.importedTVseasons" label="Imported TV Shows (Seasons)" flat="true">
            <description>Imported TV Shows, Grouped by Show Then Season Then Episode</description>
            <tag value="tv"/>
            <tag value="default"/>
            <view-source name="phoenix.view.primary.importedtv"/>

<presentation level="1">
                <group by="show"/>
                <sort by="title">
                    <option name="sort-order" value="asc"/>
                </sort>
            </presentation>

<presentation level="2">
                <group by="season">
                    <option name="prune-single-item-groups" value="true"/>
                </group>
                <sort by="title"/>
            </presentation>

<presentation level="3">
                <sort by="seasonepisode"/>
            </presentation>
        </view>
    </views>
Old 02-12-2017, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

OK - you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means

The long and short of it is that pruning doesn't work that way - pruning attempts to eliminate folders with JUST one item in them. So if you only had one episode from season 3 and a lot of episodes from season 4, you'd get a single item (pruned) of that season 3 episode, then a season 4 folder.

What you are looking for is to NOT group if there is just one group. I'm not sure that's possible. I'll investigate some.

btl.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

I have a suggestion...

I've been playing with the OPTIONS -> EDIT where you can manage the menu (rename items, hide items, move items), and you have an option to add a new view to the menu. I think it would be handy if that didn't ask for a menu name, but instead, it presented you with the view list, and then used the view's name as the menu's name... and then you can rename it later, if you want.

Also, when you add a new view to the menu... where does it get stored? Is there a fragment that gets created?

I'm having a problem in the menu where I have a couple of standard views that I used in every STV... "Unwatch TV" and "Unwatched Movies"... when I added them to the menu using fragments, they showed up, but only UNWATHED TV work... nothing showed up for unwatched movies. So then I added Unwatched movies using your menu editor, and it worked, but then Unwatched TV stopped working Just wondering how extensively you've played with the menu editor for adding views, etc. I'll try to do more digging to give some better details, but that's my findings so far.

Everything is looking good though... thanks.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I think it would be handy if that didn't ask for a menu name, but instead, it presented you with the view list, and then used the view's name as the menu's name... and then you can rename it later, if you want.
This is a great idea.

Quote:
Also, when you add a new view to the menu... where does it get stored? Is there a fragment that gets created?
It creates fragments for them. But I sort of bastardized the menu item xml for the view selector in PLite- it stores the view name (phoenix.view.default.allTV) in the name field, label field is still the label, but then there's a value in 'icon' that says if it's a view or a normal menu item. And exit is the only normal item.

If you are adding you own fragments hacker style - just take a look at one of the fragments created by the menu to see how they should look.

btl.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This is a great idea.

It creates fragments for them. But I sort of bastardized the menu item xml for the view selector in PLite- it stores the view name (phoenix.view.default.allTV) in the name field, label field is still the label, but then there's a value in 'icon' that says if it's a view or a normal menu item. And exit is the only normal item.

If you are adding you own fragments hacker style - just take a look at one of the fragments created by the menu to see how they should look.

btl.
Awesome, thanks. BTW... Each menu item supports a <field> that you can use a map like way to store values against an item and read it back... ie, you could do something like...

Code:
<menuitem name="xxx" label="xxx">
   <field name="view">phoenix.view.default.allTV</field>
<menuitem>
That could them just check if a menuitem has a "view" field and if it so, then treat it like a view.

I added a part to BMT to create menu links for plite, but they weren't working well, and I think it's because I didn't add the icon="view", so I'll add that to the generator as well.

Do you use the DynamicMenus saveFragrment API to save the fragments?
Old 02-14-2017, 10:20 AM
SageTVaholic

I pushed out v110 of P3 / PLite yesterday. As per usual the only changes are in PLite. I think I added in most of the low hanging feature requests. Photo screensaver is a little more involved, I'll work on that next probably.
  • Weather Options - self explanatory*
  • UI Options - misc settings that are used
  • Added items to the options menu on Detailed Info screen for (Recording settings, Favorite Settings)
  • Setting to hide transport controls in video playback screen.
  • Simplified Add View Shortcut per @stuckless suggestion**
  • Option to exit without prompting (in the UI Options submenu)

* I think that the weather update might take a bit to take effect - it WILL but it might wait until the next scheduled update (every 10 minutes).
** still uses icon="view"
Old 02-16-2017, 11:27 AM
SageTVaholic

So I see some of that, but I couldn't find the transport control option.

Also I've noticed (not sure I've tried with 110) that if I hit the record button, I get the recording options dialog, but without any options. When I tried it with the menu this morning (110), I got options.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:45 AM
SageTVaholic

The transport stuff is in the customize (wrench icon) screen when you are playing back video. Along with the comskip stuff.

I'll check the actual record button vs. the options menu one. Probably got unlinked somehow.

btl.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

I can't get the record button to misbehave. Both the one in the options menu and the one on the remote are both working.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg recording.jpg (32.9 KB, 508 views)
Old 02-16-2017, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Just released P3/PLite version 111. Has updated screen saver with 3 options :

1) Imported Photos
2) Fanart Backgrounds
3) Weather Backgrounds
Old 02-16-2017, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The transport stuff is in the customize (wrench icon) screen when you are playing back video. Along with the comskip stuff.
When I bring up that menu, all I see is Automatic Comskip, Silent Comskip, and Miniguide Navigation Direction.

Quote:
I'll check the actual record button vs. the options menu one. Probably got unlinked somehow.

btl.
Oh, maybe I know what it is, I think it's if you hit record on something that's not currently airing, you get a box with "Recording Options for <show>" but no options.

I use that occasionally (regularly?) to mark something as a manual recording after the fact so Sage won't auto delete it.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:32 PM
SageTVaholic

If that's the case you don't actually have the latest version. you can find the plite_vosd.xml and see if it has the Transport Controls entry - it should be there.

I remember back in the day occasionally the plugin system did stuff like this - said it installed something but didn't get all the files. See if it works in 111 (the screensaver release).

Also Phoenix has never had a record functionality for shows that are not currently airing. I'll see if I can enhance it - marking as a manual recording is the main use case there?

btl.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:36 AM
SageTVaholic

I'll check that, but it's weird because it said 110 in the system info screen (I've since upgraded to 111), and I had the new shortcut menu.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Hm, had to restart the server to get that stuff to show up.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Every time I install an update on the server it tells me to restart. Does it not do that on your system?