SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Phoenix 3.0
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix 3.0 This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix 3.0 custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

I gave it a shot, but when I switched to it, all I got was the clock and some other stuff overlaid over the stock STV, and a popup saying (I should have written it down) something about there not being a view defined.

I tried rebooting my extender and ended up with a blank screen. Any thoughts?
Old 02-06-2017, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like you need to start and stop the server.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

As far as I know this happens on all the Phoenix iterations the first time you load them. Did it ask you to restart after the install?
Old 02-06-2017, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh? I'll give it a shot....
Old 02-06-2017, 08:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

I can say that sorting guide by channel number for me results in a blank screen and pressing Options brings up the top-level options so I can't change the sorting method . No errors I see in the logs.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:25 PM
SageTVaholic

OK - I think your crazy channel names are breaking the sorter. I'll see what I can do.

There is a way to clear the sorter manually - I"ll see if I can find it.

btl.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
OK - I think your crazy channel names are breaking the sorter. I'll see what I can do.

btl.
This is kind of manual - but it'll fix your sorting blank screen issue:

In the file PLite_HomeMenu.xml, add this menu item :

Code:
    <menuItem label="Clear User Store" name="plite.clear" visible="true" icon="eval">
				<description>Clears the user store of phoenix related stuff</description>
				<eval>ExecuteWidgetChainInCurrentMenuContext("PHNX-256233")</eval>
	</menuItem>
Then after saving you have to force Phoenix to reload the menus. Starting and stopping a full client will do it. If you are on a miniclient, you'll need to load the default UI and then reload Phoenix*.

Then in PLite you'll see that menu item - click it once and it'll wipe out all the saved sorters.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Then of course after that delete that menu item. I'll let you know when I have a more robust Channel sorter.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

btl.
My "crazy channel names" . No worries, I just deleted the client properties file (testing on PS). But also tested your menu item trick and it worked too. It seems like you made some changes to the default menu items as it looked different after I deleted the client properties. But when I just updated the plugin the menu did not change. Plus even though I deleted the Clear menu item, reloaded and removed properties, I still have it on the menu. I had to "Hide" it. Maybe add a delete option to the menu editor, and also maybe a "reset to default"?
Old 02-06-2017, 11:43 PM
SageTVaholic

The menu stuff is tricky. There's the menu XML file that is default, then there are menu 'fragments' which live in the /userdata/Phoenix/Menu/ directory (for when you add something to a menu from the UI) and then finally there are UserRecords (which are stored in Wiz.bin!) associated with the menu that keep track of changes to the menu items (name, order, etc).

Needless to say there's a lot of moving parts. I haven't found a way to get rid of fragments - which would be the 'delete' operation. But the prior-Phoenix all had a way to clear the UserRecords which effectively resets you to default. I'll definitely add that back in somewhere.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Stupid question part Duex....

How do you get to live TV? I was about to say I never use LiveTV, but that's not accurate. I use Live TV regularly, but only for one specific use, the news. I flip on the local news in the morning as I get ready for work (mainly to check the weather, and have some background sound while I prep).

I'm guessing I'd have to create some sort of filter/view?
Somewhat related (though I haven't tried PLite yet), but I have set up a favorite for my wife's morning news, set to auto-delete, and set to keep only 1 airing. Means it is always recording every morning for her to flip on when she gets around to it, but doesn't keep it around.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-07-2017, 04:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The menu stuff is tricky. There's the menu XML file that is default, then there are menu 'fragments' which live in the /userdata/Phoenix/Menu/ directory (for when you add something to a menu from the UI) and then finally there are UserRecords (which are stored in Wiz.bin!) associated with the menu that keep track of changes to the menu items (name, order, etc).

Needless to say there's a lot of moving parts. I haven't found a way to get rid of fragments - which would be the 'delete' operation. But the prior-Phoenix all had a way to clear the UserRecords which effectively resets you to default. I'll definitely add that back in somewhere.
My goal (and I've started some of this), is to really shield you from all that... and just provide a set of APIs for add/remove/save and it would take care of the managing the fragments, etc. I'm not there yet, but I have started some other menu tweaks based on talks with jusjoken.

Recently I added the ability to create menu item references... It's basically menu items with actions, and then later in another menu, you can create a menu item that references that other item... so that you can build up a set of re-usable menuitems with actions and then just reference them.

Code:
<menuItem ref="common.actions::onlinevideos" label="Override Label for Online Videos"/>
Bottom line... there are some planned upgrades to the menu code... I'm looking to build a menu editor (in html) and using that to figure out what needs to be done in order to build a set of APIs or around complete menu management.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I might have been confusing things by posting in the wrong thread, so here goes...

PLite, adding new menu items...

Quote:
Just hit Home again. Should reload.
Here's what I tried (using Windows Placeshifter for messing around):
Ctrl+O
Select Pencil
Select Add a shortcut
Gave it a name "Imported TV"
Picked the "Imported TV" view
Moved it somewhere I like.
<> Here is where I wonder if I'm missing something, there's no apply/accept button. I've tried scrolling up, if I go up past the "Add a shortcut" button, the menu closes, if I hit home the menu closes. Pressing Home again "reloads" the Home menu (it fades out/in) but there's no new menu item.

Next up, how do you change the sort direction? Actually this is specifically related to the "Recorded TV" view, I'm trying to get it sorted by date recorded, newest first. But no matter what I do.....

Playing around some more, the "Recent Activity" option may be what I want?

Next up.... Is there a way to change the sort order within a show? Newest (most recently recorded) first?

I probably really just need to figure out how to add menu items and setup my own VFSs don't I....

Sorry for all the trouble...
Old 02-07-2017, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

No trouble.

Look in ...\SageTV\userdata\Phoenix\Menus\ - are there any .xml files there? That's where we should see the new short cut that you are adding.
Also, for shits and giggles, try adding it without moving it around. Once it shows up then go in and move it to where you want? Might work that way...

Recent Activity is definitely the one you want for recently recorded sorts.

Within a show (ie once you get past the top level of a view) there isn't a way to change the sort right now in the UI - your best bet there is to create your own view that has the sort defined the way you want it.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Also, for shits and giggles, try adding it without moving it around. Once it shows up then go in and move it to where you want? Might work that way...

And it did...

...but it disappeared as soon as I moved it

Quote:
Within a show (ie once you get past the top level of a view) there isn't a way to change the sort right now in the UI - your best bet there is to create your own view that has the sort defined the way you want it.
And now on to that...
Old 02-07-2017, 08:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Although I have had Sage hang up on me a few times as I've been messing with this. I didn't see anything in the logs, but I got a system message about out of memory, and also this system message:

Code:
Error in Menu File: ./userdata/Phoenix/Menus/plite.menu_phoenix.view.primary.importedtv_fragment.xml; ./userdata/Phoenix/Menus/plite.menu_phoenix.view.primary.importedtv_fragment.xml (Is a directory)
OK, so I think I have a view defined for my recordings:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE vfs SYSTEM "vfs.dtd">
<vfs>
     <view name="phoenix.view.custom.recordedtvbymostrecent" label="Recordings by Show Descending">
         <description>Sage Recordings, grouped by show, sorted by most recent</description>
         <tag value="primary"/>
         <tag value="tv"/>
         <view-source name="phoenix.view.source.sagerecordings"/>
         <filter by="moviesfilter" scope="exclude"/>
			<presentation level="1">
				<group by="show">
					<option name="prune-single-item-groups" value="false"/>
					<option name="empty-foldername" value="No Series"/>
				</group>
				<sort by="starttime"/>
               		<option name="sort-order" value="desc"/>
					<option name="ignore-all" value="true"/>
				</sort>
			</presentation>		
			<presentation level="2">
				<sort by="starttime"/>
			</presentation>

</view>
</vfs>
question is, where do I put it... I tried putting it in a new xml file userdata/Phoenix/vfs, but it didn't seem to be picked up
Old 02-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Although I have had Sage hang up on me a few times as I've been messing with this. I didn't see anything in the logs, but I got a system message about out of memory, and also this system message:

Code:
Error in Menu File: ./userdata/Phoenix/Menus/plite.menu_phoenix.view.primary.importedtv_fragment.xml; ./userdata/Phoenix/Menus/plite.menu_phoenix.view.primary.importedtv_fragment.xml (Is a directory)
OK, so I think I have a view defined for my recordings:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE vfs SYSTEM "vfs.dtd">
<vfs>
     <view name="phoenix.view.custom.recordedtvbymostrecent" label="Recordings by Show Descending">
         <description>Sage Recordings, grouped by show, sorted by most recent</description>
         <tag value="primary"/>
         <tag value="tv"/>
         <view-source name="phoenix.view.source.sagerecordings"/>
         <filter by="moviesfilter" scope="exclude"/>
			<presentation level="1">
				<group by="show">
					<option name="prune-single-item-groups" value="false"/>
					<option name="empty-foldername" value="No Series"/>
				</group>
				<sort by="starttime"/>
					<option name="ignore-all" value="true"/>
				</sort>
			</presentation>		
			<presentation level="2">
				<sort by="starttime"/>
			</presentation>

</view>
</vfs>
question is, where do I put it... I tried putting it in a new xml file userdata/Phoenix/vfs, but it didn't seem to be picked up
Check the logs to make sure there are no errors parsing, or to confirm it did get loaded. I think you may have to restart the server to get it loaded, but don't recall.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry, it wasn't entirely clear, the system error was from before I tried the new xml, it was at some point after I was messing with the menus with just the built in functionality.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

I'm saying check the phoenix.log for a line saying that your view was loaded. Or if you have something it doesn't like in your view it'll log an error. If neither are there restart the server.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

I fixed the sorter Karyl - so the next time phoenix-core is updated it'll have a Channel Number Sorter that works for any and all channel numbers - even those that aren't numbers