SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Phoenix 3.0
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix 3.0 This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix 3.0 custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Installed this for fun last night on a client and it looks really awesome! However, at least on the client I noticed that none of the fanart was showing up for any recordings. Now, this is a new laptop and my first secondary machine that is not a mac and therefore my first client install... so I didn't know that clients could have separate plugins from the server. Is there any prereqs for the fanart that I need to have? Does it need to be on the client machine in order to be used? I'm not sure what plugins are installed off the top of my head besides Gemstone, comskip playback and maybe BMT.

Last edited by DarkWolf77; 11-02-2016 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added details about installed plugins.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:49 AM
SageTVaholic

On the client I think most people usually point to the centralized fanart directory on the server.

In P3 that's one of the options from the home screen under User Interface.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
On the client I think most people usually point to the centralized fanart directory on the server.

In P3 that's one of the options from the home screen under User Interface.
Haha, I should have thought to do that. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2016, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Sometimes when I go into a menu (ie, view like TV or Movies), the focus position is not at the top, but rather in the middle or bottom. My guess is that it's caching that... but not specific to the view content, rather just overall. ie, if I go into TV and scroll to item 5 and then leave and go into Movies, it seems to remember that I was on item 5 (in the other view) and does the focus there. I can't this is happening this way for sure, but, there does seem to be some sticky "remembering" of the focus.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Feature Request (From my wife)

When you bring up the time bar on the bottom of the screen, could you show a top transparent bar with description. Apparently I don't give her enough time to the read the episode descriptions before playing a video
Old 11-02-2016, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I'll see what I can do.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Feature Request (From my wife)

When you bring up the time bar on the bottom of the screen, could you show a top transparent bar with description. Apparently I don't give her enough time to the read the episode descriptions before playing a video
Your wife lets you have the remote?!?!
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 11-03-2016, 06:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
Your wife lets you have the remote?!?!
I'd laugh but... my wife has the remote.

I've noticed that there is no "don't like" option in the interface for recordings (or I can't find it).
Old 11-03-2016, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf77 View Post
I've noticed that there is no "don't like" option in the interface for recordings (or I can't find it).
Can you explain to me what and when you would look for the 'Don't Like' option? I've never used intelligent recordings so the use case is not familiar to me. Adding the option is easy, but I want to understand what the use case is so I put it in the best spot.

btl.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
What is P3 using for determining the creation dates for home videos? When I went in there it only had folders for 2015 and 2016. Then I noticed that older things were in there too. The files have Year and Media created dates set properly, but P3 doesn't seem to be using those. The (uneditable) Date created is just the last time I moved files to the current storage pool/OS.
It's sorting / grouping by the file date. When we originally added this view that was the only thing available for video files - they didn't get all the cool EXIF data that photos tend to have.

I'm not sure if that has changed any in the last two years. If there is something that you can dependably get the 'created on' date from a video file then maybe stuckless can add the ability for the Core to analyze that info and group/sort based on it....
Old 11-03-2016, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
Where and what is the main menu file for P2? Trying to copy/paste from there to get P3 menus started, but can't find it.
LandingMenu_2a.xml is the file that P2 uses for default. The tag is "phoenix2.menu.lz"
Old 11-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Can you explain to me what and when you would look for the 'Don't Like' option? I've never used intelligent recordings so the use case is not familiar to me. Adding the option is easy, but I want to understand what the use case is so I put it in the best spot.

btl.
Usually either in the recording schedule or in the recordings area, but most often the latter. Usually I'll see something that has been recorded and then mark it don't like from the main list. It's also an option when deleting something usually. (delete b/c don't like, delete b/c wrong recording, delete & mark watched, etc.). I like the Intelligent recording feature usually - it has a fun way of picking up new shows I might like and it's usually pretty good but definitely has it's misses.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
It's sorting / grouping by the file date. When we originally added this view that was the only thing available for video files - they didn't get all the cool EXIF data that photos tend to have.

I'm not sure if that has changed any in the last two years. If there is something that you can dependably get the 'created on' date from a video file then maybe stuckless can add the ability for the Core to analyze that info and group/sort based on it....
I don't know if it's dependable, but I dumped a bit of tape-based medium, (VHS and MiniDV), into Cyberlink, edited and converted the output to MKV, then modified what I could to have correct dates in the fields that Windows Properties allows me to edit.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Sage User

Looks great! A couple questions...

How do you exit SageTV from the Phoenix 3 GUI?

Also, how do I replace the 1980s fanart for MacGyver and The Flash with that from the current series?
Old 11-06-2016, 12:14 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't really have an Exit in there. Are you running on a full client? That's something easy to add. I'll put it in the nxt release.

(Most people are on miniclients of some sort (hd300 or android))
Old 11-06-2016, 12:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I don't really have an Exit in there. Are you running on a full client? That's something easy to add. I'll put it in the nxt release.

(Most people are on miniclients of some sort (hd300 or android))
Yup.. full client. I have a regular PC in my living room in a cabinet next to my TV. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Sage User

Minor Stuff

Pressing the record button on the remote while watching live TV brings up a menu, but the menu has no background, just text overlaying the live video.

Last edited by jbbtex; 11-06-2016 at 08:09 PM. Reason: other problem I posted was user error
Old 11-07-2016, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

When I go into detailed setup it is taking me back to the default UI. I then have to go reload the Phoneix.xml.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbtex
Pressing the record button on the remote while watching live TV brings up a menu, but the menu has no background, just text overlaying the live video.
Thanks, will fix in next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantergstk
When I go into detailed setup it is taking me back to the default UI. I then have to go reload the Phoneix.xml.
You should be able to just hit the 'home' button to return to P3. The default UI is only loaded temporarily for all those menus that take you to the default UI...

btl.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks, will fix in next release.

You should be able to just hit the 'home' button to return to P3. The default UI is only loaded temporarily for all those menus that take you to the default UI...

btl.
Ah. Well I'm using the android client and the simple remote that came with the shield. No home button.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.