SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Phoenix 3.0
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix 3.0 This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix 3.0 custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

I thought I pulled that menu editor out of P2. Maybe it was P1 in fact ��
Old 10-29-2016, 05:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
That's not a plug in that was made for Phoenix - so it won't work. The owner of the plugin would need to create a version that is for Phoenix UI.
Doh! Was going to try this tomorrow, but I use Infopopup for caller ID display... Guess I`ll have to see if Shadeblue decides to give P3 a try... :-)
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 10-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I thought I pulled that menu editor out of P2. Maybe it was P1 in fact ��
No. It was P2
Old 10-30-2016, 12:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Do you think you can tweak the logging so that it's not logging this every second...

Code:
Sun 10/30 13:59:55.002 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 13:59:56.002 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 13:59:57.003 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 13:59:58.004 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 13:59:59.005 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 14:00:00.005 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 14:00:01.006 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 14:00:02.007 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 14:00:03.007 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 14:00:04.008 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 14:00:05.008 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 14:00:06.009 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 14:00:07.010 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Sun 10/30 14:00:08.010 [Fork-XJXYO-750@4ccb31f1] "REM If enough time has passed, update the weather info."
Old 10-30-2016, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't see where I'm doing that logging? I see that string in the STV, but it's a comment...

What file is that logging in?
Old 10-30-2016, 12:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't see where I'm doing that logging? I see that string in the STV, but it's a comment...

What file is that logging in?
It's in sagetv_0.txt... Could this be something that sagetv is logging?
Old 10-31-2016, 01:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have noticed that the comskip playback plugin doesn't automatically skip commercials. It works on the same show with the default ui. Is this plug in also not Phoenix3 compatible?

Otherwise, it looks great and performs very well on the mi box.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

I used this for the weekend, and I have to say, I was very impressed. I forgot how fast Phoenix was. I stopped using Phoenix after you left, since, there was no-one to take over maintaining the UI

I have a couple of suggestions...

1. For the Scale Fanart option, could that be run in the background and maybe show some sort of icon in the header (like when refresh library is happening). When selected the option, I lost control of my UI for about 5 minutes... I ended up tailing the log file to see if it was doing anything since I all I saw was the spinning circle. It was doing stuff So I waited for it to finish... my views are much faster now.

2. Is there a "watched" icon in the list/grid? When I go into a view I can't easily tell what is watched or unwatched. it doesn't have to the "W" icon, but wondering if there is some sort of decorator that could be used to highlight things that are not watched.

I tried out the quick toggle between watched and unwatched... that works well. I still prefer my dedicated views for "Unwatched TV", but that's a nice feature. On a 5 button remote, getting to the options menu is a little move involved... (long press select, then select options).

I think that now that you are back to working on the UI, I'll try to add some new features the Phoenix core.

One think that I think that I'd like to add is some sort state saving, per view, so that if you make changes to a view (like changing the sort, filter, etc), that this get saved (likely in the properties) and then applied everytime the view is loaded.

I'm working on an updated BMT/SageTV web UI, so I might add a menu editor to that, to make configuring the main menu a little easier. I was able to get my main menu wrorking that way I wanted in just a few minutes, but not everyone likes to edit Xml

Does SageTV allow you to load multiple fonts? Just wondering if it's possible to use the Material Icon Font, and we can add support in the Menus to reference those fonts... (they can then be colored, sized, etc).

http://google.github.io/material-design-icons/
Old 10-31-2016, 07:28 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm working on an updated BMT/SageTV web UI, so I might add a menu editor to that, to make configuring the main menu a little easier. I was able to get my main menu wrorking that way I wanted in just a few minutes, but not everyone likes to edit Xml [/url]
That's a great idea. I need convert my P2 menus and haven't done it yet because of the time commitment, since I hate XML
Old 10-31-2016, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Have you noticed that the mic button on the shield tv remote is mapped to options? I'm assuming you did said mapping. Either that or it's a funny coincidence.

There are multiple fonts supported. But I don't know for sure what the memory impact is. The font in P3 is the one from Apple TV (San Francisco).

I'll look at the watched icon. I know it shows up in the grid view. Not sure about the list.

Comskip does work and is built into Phoenix. However I don't have the menu enabled to tweak the settings. (By default auto skipping is disabled). Just an oversight. I'll put that back in for the next release.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Idk how Phoenix is loading the fonts but for my project they are loaded in the theme.propeties file and its just a string. If Phoenix is the same way you can just edit the properties file to the font you want. I recently switched my project over to material font and icons after another user showed them too me. I don't think the fonts will have an impact on sage or at least I haven't seen one from loading multiple .
Old 10-31-2016, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
1. For the Scale Fanart option, could that be run in the background and maybe show some sort of icon in the header (like when refresh library is happening)........
I've added this to the list.

Quote:
One think that I think that I'd like to add is some sort state saving, per view, so that if you make changes to a view (like changing the sort, filter, etc), that this get saved (likely in the properties) and then applied everytime the view is loaded.
That would be cool. P3 currently saves any user applied Sorters a user data field and re-apply it when that view is loaded again. But if the core handled that it'd be less likely to blow up. I've got code that would do the same for Filters but never enabled it, just because the User Experience of opening a view that might be filtered is a little unfriendly.

Quote:
Does SageTV allow you to load multiple fonts? Just wondering if it's possible to use the Material Icon Font, and we can add support in the Menus to reference those fonts... (they can then be colored, sized, etc).
So you are suggesting a preference that would let the user select between a few different fonts? I think generally that's doable, although every font you load ends up taking up memory - so having more than one font family in memory is probably a road we don't want to go down.

I'll fix the main menu to at the very least wrap for longer menu names. It just won't be as pretty

You could edit the menu so that the TV Shows item is a Menu itself, and then add an 'All' and 'Unwatched' MenuItem under them that point to your special views. It would be prettier that way
Old 10-31-2016, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So you are suggesting a preference that would let the user select between a few different fonts? I think generally that's doable, although every font you load ends up taking up memory - so having more than one font family in memory is probably a road we don't want to go down.
No, I was wondering if the Material Icon font could be loaded in addition to your text font... so that in a Menu, I could specify an icon that would be in the Font. (does that make sense)... ie, it would require the Phoeni UI to know and understand an icon font is, and how to render it.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
No, I was wondering if the Material Icon font could be loaded in addition to your text font... so that in a Menu, I could specify an icon that would be in the Font. (does that make sense)... ie, it would require the Phoeni UI to know and understand an icon font is, and how to render it.
I don't know if sagetv would load an icon font or not never tried but would be cool if it did.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
AH. FontIcons. Those make life a lot easier generally. Any system that can handle TTF or OTF fonts can handle the icon fonts that are packaged in that manner. Now, how well they are rendered and blended in the UI is a whole other story. We'd just have to test and see.

Assuming they look OK - it'd be nice to have the ability to query the Phoenix Core from the STV (phoenix_fonticon_GetIcon("TV")) instead of having to keep track of the unicode value for the TV glyph.

btl.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
AH. FontIcons. Those make life a lot easier generally. Any system that can handle TTF or OTF fonts can handle the icon fonts that are packaged in that manner. Now, how well they are rendered and blended in the UI is a whole other story. We'd just have to test and see.

Assuming they look OK - it'd be nice to have the ability to query the Phoenix Core from the STV (phoenix_fonticon_GetIcon("TV")) instead of having to keep track of the unicode value for the TV glyph.

btl.
Exactly... I'd generate the lookup from the codepoint table.

https://github.com/google/material-d...ont/codepoints

If you can do some testing on the Font, then we can figure out the best way to deal with in Menus and other places, etc.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:33 PM
Sage Expert

Where and what is the main menu file for P2? Trying to copy/paste from there to get P3 menus started, but can't find it.

Last edited by samgreco; 10-31-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Home Video Date Field?

What is P3 using for determining the creation dates for home videos? When I went in there it only had folders for 2015 and 2016. Then I noticed that older things were in there too. The files have Year and Media created dates set properly, but P3 doesn't seem to be using those. The (uneditable) Date created is just the last time I moved files to the current storage pool/OS.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Mix List and Grid?

I like list for TV and grid for movies. Is that possible?
Old 10-31-2016, 07:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
I like list for TV and grid for movies. Is that possible?
It will be eventually. Just haven't got around to that yet.
btl.