SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:14 AM
Sage Expert

having a bit of an issue with fanart/covers in movie flows

so here is the issue, most (like >70% or so) show up perfectly in the movie flows
but the remaining ones come up blank as far as graphics go...
if you go to the fanart manager, it has the correct fanart there, if you select that fanart and tell it to make it the default then all the fanart MIA titles will display the same fanart that may or may not be the fanart you just chose as the default...

since everything shows up just fine in BMT, I am guessing it is cache or image related or something along those lines...
so from inside genstone, I delete the cache physical and memory, and then do the rebuild (or prebuild? whatever its called, it takes a long time...)
but when finishg, the same exact titles are stil missing thier fanart...

I would guess there must be something wrong with 1 or more images? and that somehow is messing up multiple titles?
but for the fanart MIA titles neither the background or the covers show up? that seems odd...

anyway, is there anything specifically I should be looking for or at?

also, any chance there could be a "sort name" feild added to the metadata for movies? that would help keep movies listed in order that the sequels have wierd/nonconsecutive names... MyMovies had that and it was rather useful...
Old 06-27-2016, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

You're not alone.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62975

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61730

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
also, any chance there could be a "sort name" feild added to the metadata for movies? that would help keep movies listed in order that the sequels have wierd/nonconsecutive names... MyMovies had that and it was rather useful...
I really like this idea! Even with the implementation of collections, this would be very helpful for the usage case you outlined, as well as for a series like Fast & Furious, where the 3rd movie released actually takes place either 6th or 8th (depending on if you count the 2 shorts) chronologically. Currently, I rename the titles in BMT with prefixes like "F&F 1:", "F&F 1 1/2:", etc. It looks a tad silly, but it works.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7

Last edited by Skirge01; 06-27-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
You're not alone.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62975

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61730

I really like this idea! Even with the implementation of collections, this would be very helpful for the usage case you outlined, as well as for a series like Fast & Furious, where the 3rd movie released actually takes place either 6th or 8th (depending on if you count the 2 shorts) chronologically. Currently, I rename the titles in BMT with prefixes like "F&F 1:", "F&F 1 1/2:", etc. It looks a tad silly, but it works.
Well, in the future release of the phoenix core, it will support collections as groups, which will help with this issue (at least putting all Fast & Furious movies in it's own group). What I'm wondering is if you could still use the episode field, and it would sort based on that within the collection group.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-27-2016, 06:54 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Well, in the future release of the phoenix core, it will support collections as groups, which will help with this issue (at least putting all Fast & Furious movies in it's own group). What I'm wondering is if you could still use the episode field, and it would sort based on that within the collection group.
I still kind of prefer a "sort name" field, far more flexible...
plus, sort name + Collection gets ne back to most everything I miss from SMM
Old 06-27-2016, 07:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I would guess there must be something wrong with 1 or more images? and that somehow is messing up multiple titles?
but for the fanart MIA titles neither the background or the covers show up? that seems odd...
ha! found it, problem solved!
it was an image problem of sorts...
I blame stuckless... no particular reason really but if corporate America has taught me anything, it is that blame must be assigned... doesn't matter who you blame as long as you point the finger at someone...

the issue was that while BMT listed the fanart folder as /blah/blah/movies/title
it actually put it in: /blah/blah/TV/title
not sure why or even how that could even be possible? but the proof is in the folders that it did put them in the wrong place.
anyway, running a update fanart from in BMT seems to fix about 80% of them, for the remaining 20%m just doing an individual update metadata & save seems to do the trick...
I guess I could just manually move the folders over from TV -> Movies? but this way just seems better somehow?
Old 06-27-2016, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Can others with the same issue check if this is the same issue...it would be great if it was. I will check my system too.

k
Old 06-27-2016, 08:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Can others with the same issue check if this is the same issue...it would be great if it was. I will check my system too.

k
Not in my case. All are listed in their correct movies folder locations.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:46 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Not in my case. All are listed in their correct movies folder locations.
Same here.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:51 AM
Sage Expert

I think I figured this out, at least to some extent...
my issues all trace back to an inappropriate clicking issue while doing a media matcher in BMT...
so this probably does not apply to anyone else's issues...
Old 06-28-2016, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think I figured this out, at least to some extent...
my issues all trace back to an inappropriate clicking issue while doing a media matcher in BMT...
so this probably does not apply to anyone else's issues...
Well, some help you are! Seriously, I'm sure jusjoken appreciates every bit of input (just as we do), even if it doesn't solve anything. What was this clicking issue you did? I want to ensure I don't (or didn't) do it either.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Sage Expert

oh the clicking issue was just before I knew what happened, the matcher window I was working in closed (using laptop, the 'mousey/touch part is a bit touchy), and I didn't think about it anymore...
at least not until I went in to the .xml remove some bad matchers... I found one that was essentially matching VIDEO_TS to dr who...

for some reason it didn't effect all my titles, even though while playing I did do multiple "update all metadata" batch command things...