SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not seeing what everyone else is ...

... granted I am new to this; SageTV and especially Gemstone. AND I promised that I would not bother anyone this weekend, but then of course there is the woman I live with, but I digress ...

This post: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...65&postcount=8

Details how to do what I want, an option to show folders that are on my recording drive so that I can see my recordings within folders, with metadata.

But as I try to follow the instructions, I'm not seeing almost all of what jusjoken has written.

I don't see where to start in relation to explaining this, but when he instructs:
"Type: Dual Flow
View: Base - All Videos:"

I'm not seeing or do not know how to get to: Gemstone Views, where it starts listing views and has a section "Base Views (to build from), the attached is what I see.

AND I am getting errors regarding the vfs-cached.xml; null

AGAIN MANY THANKS!

Signed:
Your Friendly (really, I am), annoying pain-in-the-a**.

Sorry Fuzzy, I know I said I would leave ya all alone.

PS: I JUST discovered the conversion ... GREAT, now it's easier to deal with playing on my Tablet. I'm liking this more and more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (26.3 KB, 318 views)
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
2 HD-100 Placeshifters - not connected.

Last edited by RBraverman; 12-08-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Are you manually moving your SageTV show recordings into directories other than the recording directory itself?
Old 06-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Are you manually moving your SageTV show recordings into directories other than the recording directory itself?
Yes, and it works. But more importantly I'm missing a whole section of Gemstone, that is seriously curtainly my ability to set this up. I've un-installed it, re-installed it, to no avail.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
Old 06-11-2016, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Some of my archived media is sorted in directories, per show. A quick FYI, this isn't the way SageTV is necessarily meant to work, I just like it this way. Gemstone has since allowed for this kind of sorting inside the SageTV UI, showing all your shows in their respective 'folders' so to speak, yet with all the media stored in just one recording folder.

In my case, I have the root directory of this archived media mapped in SageTV as an import folder. So from the [Gemstone] default main menu;

I navigate to VIDEOS, and then select FOLDERS, and it then displays all of my archive sub-folders. There is probably a way to further clean this up, but it works very well for my situation.

What variation from the above example were you hoping to achieve?
Old 06-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Some of my archived media is sorted in directories, per show. A quick FYI, this isn't the way SageTV is necessarily meant to work, I just like it this way. Gemstone has since allowed for this kind of sorting inside the SageTV UI, showing all your shows in their respective 'folders' so to speak, yet with all the media stored in just one recording folder.

In my case, I have the root directory of this archived media mapped in SageTV as an import folder. So from the [Gemstone] default main menu;

I navigate to VIDEOS, and then select FOLDERS, and it then displays all of my archive sub-folders. There is probably a way to further clean this up, but it works very well for my situation.

What variation from the above example were you hoping to achieve?
Pretty much the same thing - as long as the metadata is with the files. BUT I'm missing the entire views options from within Gemstone and without them not only is the thing incomplete, but I can not define the rest of my "flow".
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
Old 06-11-2016, 02:51 PM
Sage Icon

If you are not seeing any Gemstone views you may be missing the phoenix vfs file. I recently had to reinstall using V9 and Gemstone and had to follow these instructions to get the views to show.

See this post.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
If you are not seeing any Gemstone views you may be missing the phoenix vfs file. I recently had to reinstall using V9 and Gemstone and had to follow these instructions to get the views to show.

See this post.
MAN you saved my sanity! You're Aces. I would have NEVER found that, and WAS about to start clean over.

I'd have had a monster amount of work as 400+ were imported from BTV.

WHEW!

Any idea, as a LAST bit, how t have it search for missing poster/fanart/artwork? And is there some sort of notification when converting, and/or when the conversion's done?
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2

Last edited by RBraverman; 06-11-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Sage Icon

I think you just have to make sure that you have named your movies and tv shows in a format that BMT can scrape for you.

I usually name the TV shows with SxxExx in the name and for movies I use the IMDB name with the year in brackets. For example,

Friends S01E01.mkv

Zootopia (2016).mkv

I have also used stuckless' Phoenix Renamer here to clean up names.

I can't recall how BTV (used a very long time ago) names the files...

Hope this helps.

Last edited by jorton; 06-11-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBraverman View Post
MAN you saved my sanity! You're Aces. I would have NEVER found that, and WAS about to start clean over.

I'd have had a monster amount of work as 400+ were imported from BTV.

WHEW!

Any idea, as a LAST bit, how t have it search for missing poster/fanart/artwork? And is there some sort of notification when converting, and/or when the conversion's done?
Man, I'm pretty sure I already pointed you to that issue and the fix in the other thread.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 06-13-2016 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Man, I'm pretty sure I already pointed you to that issue and the fix in the other thread.
Just looked through all the posts and it's not there, but then again I had everyone bouncing all over the place.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
Old 06-13-2016, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

post 32 in your EPG thread. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...7&postcount=32

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Sorry (BTW I wasn't trying to be an a**hole about it, if it came off that way) - that WILL teach me to start paying attention - the time I spent ...

Why isn't that part of the install? Or did I miss that too?
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
Old 06-14-2016, 08:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBraverman View Post
Sorry (BTW I wasn't trying to be an a**hole about it, if it came off that way) - that WILL teach me to start paying attention - the time I spent ...

Why isn't that part of the install? Or did I miss that too?
I wasn't upset - just didn't point you immediately towards that when you started having issues setting up gemstone because I had assumed you had already fixed that part.

I believe the vfs file was done as a separate download because there were some conflicts between the Phoenix Core for the default and gemstone STV's, and the Full Phoenix UI. Packaging the same file in both plugins caused problems, so it will instead just download that file if it isn't there - the problem is it was hosted on google code, so when that shut down, it couldn't find it. A new version of the Phoenix Core needs to be released to fix where it downloads from, but that hasn't happened yet (this is really a relatively new problem based on google code actually shutting down downloads quite recently). Existing users don't see the problem (because they've already got the file), only on new installs (of which there have not been a lot).

Old 06-14-2016, 03:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I wasn't upset - just didn't point you immediately towards that when you started having issues setting up gemstone because I had assumed you had already fixed that part.
Actually as I remember, I hadn't even loaded Gemstone, as I was trying to get to know my way around before I complicated things.

Quote:
I believe the vfs file was done as a separate download because there were some conflicts between the Phoenix Core for the default and gemstone STV's, and the Full Phoenix UI. Packaging the same file in both plugins caused problems, so it will instead just download that file if it isn't there - the problem is it was hosted on google code, so when that shut down, it couldn't find it. A new version of the Phoenix Core needs to be released to fix where it downloads from, but that hasn't happened yet (this is really a relatively new problem based on google code actually shutting down downloads quite recently). Existing users don't see the problem (because they've already got the file), only on new installs (of which there have not been a lot).
Makes sense.

I'm opening another thread on the way the guide looks. Doesn't belong here.

AGAIN thank you for all the help.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2