SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-28-2016, 04:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

In one of the video Flows, can't set "watched"?

Hey Guys!

If I have "movies" selected for a flow, I can set the "watched" status (checkmark) no problem. However, I recently started using a new flow which shows videos imported by folder. In this view, the remote doesn't work to set "watched" and even if I use the keyboard I can see the "watched" selection to be able to select and unselect it with no problem but I can't select it, not even with the mouse. If I switch that flow back to viewing "movies" (or even "TV") then the watched selection/indicator starts working but going back to viewing my imported folder, no joy.

Is there a fix or way around this or is this maybe a bug that would need to be fixed at some later update?

Thanks! Oh, this is for V7.

Note: for videos that I had already selected as "watched" the check mark is still there on the video itself... I just can't set any additional videos to "watched".
Old 02-28-2016, 05:00 PM
SageTVaholic

This is a known but forgotten issue.

Could you create an issue for it and i will try to fix it for Gemstone2 (really i am sure its a phoenix api fix but i will try to handle it regardless)

k
Old 02-29-2016, 12:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Hey Guys!

If I have "movies" selected for a flow, I can set the "watched" status (checkmark) no problem. However, I recently started using a new flow which shows videos imported by folder. In this view, the remote doesn't work to set "watched" and even if I use the keyboard I can see the "watched" selection to be able to select and unselect it with no problem but I can't select it, not even with the mouse. If I switch that flow back to viewing "movies" (or even "TV") then the watched selection/indicator starts working but going back to viewing my imported folder, no joy.

Is there a fix or way around this or is this maybe a bug that would need to be fixed at some later update?

Thanks! Oh, this is for V7.

Note: for videos that I had already selected as "watched" the check mark is still there on the video itself... I just can't set any additional videos to "watched".
I take that back....I just tested this and I was able to set watched on the Folder as well as on the individual items when using the View "Video Imports by Folder"

So perhaps I need you to share more info on how the Flow is setup (which Flow type you are using) and any other details around that Flow setup so I can see what the issue is.

k
Old 02-29-2016, 02:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I take that back....I just tested this and I was able to set watched on the Folder as well as on the individual items when using the View "Video Imports by Folder"

So perhaps I need you to share more info on how the Flow is setup (which Flow type you are using) and any other details around that Flow setup so I can see what the issue is.

k
Thank you! I will get some screen shots and more details for you here soon!
Old 03-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ok... finally got some screen shots

When in the Flow showing "Movies" I can see and select/toggle the watched status. Check mark in the movie Martian below...

Then I select Video Imports by Folder (so I can see everything in my imports folder such as my TV series I have on DVD like Game of Thrones) as shown below...

Now, I'm in the same flow but viewing Video Imports by Folder. I can still see the check mark and it shows "watched" as you can see below but I can't toggle it. I can only see what it is/was but can't change it to watched or clear the watched flag...

And here is a DVD that is NOT already set watched. Here I can't change it to watched either just like I couldn't change the above to clear the watched.

Then, if all I do is select Options and change it to view "Movies" like this...

I can then again select and unselect the Watched flag.

I went through every Flow View available and the only one I CAN'T set/unset the watched flag is the Video Imports by Folder view. Bummer! LOL

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wallflow01.jpg (273.3 KB, 394 views)
File Type: jpg wallflow02.jpg (158.7 KB, 399 views)
File Type: jpg wallflow03.jpg (187.0 KB, 392 views)
File Type: jpg wallflow04.jpg (168.7 KB, 423 views)
File Type: jpg wallflow06.jpg (156.1 KB, 388 views)
Old 03-04-2016, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

When changing the Watched Option on the Movies one....what does the top of the Dialog say? I noticed the others on the Imports say.... Options for DVD.... does the Movie View say that or something else ?

k
Old 03-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Looks like the same thing...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wallflow08.jpg (185.3 KB, 387 views)
Old 03-04-2016, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

I see you have (custom) after the View name so you have set some custom options on the view. Can you let me know what those are as well.

Thanks
k
Old 03-05-2016, 08:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I see you have (custom) after the View name so you have set some custom options on the view. Can you let me know what those are as well.

Thanks
k
So far I cannot recreate this issue...ie: I can always set the watched.

So in addition to the above details on the view options, do you have any Movies that are NOT DVD's....can you try them (I have NO DVD's in my collection so I have not tested if they work...yet).

k
Old 03-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks
k
I'm not exactly sure what makes the (custom) show up there so here are a few screen shots. Also, that all goes away the first time I move around a little on the screen. Just shows up right after I make a selection.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wallflow09.jpg (175.5 KB, 333 views)
File Type: jpg wallflow10.jpg (191.4 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg wallflow11.jpg (184.9 KB, 330 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
So far I cannot recreate this issue...ie: I can always set the watched.

So in addition to the above details on the view options, do you have any Movies that are NOT DVD's....can you try them (I have NO DVD's in my collection so I have not tested if they work...yet).

k
Here are a couple interesting points...

When in the view Video Imports by Folder, I am also seeing videos which are in my RECORDING folders and not just my Import folders. Is that normal?

I did try to toggle the watched flag for not only an avi file but also a recorded video that was in one of my normal recording folders. I still could not toggle it. However, I did see something else that will probably be a big clue... I can't change the "archived" or "don't like" flags either! Hmm?

Is there a plugin I can easily just uninstall then re-install to see if that fixes it?

Thanks for looking into this for me!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wallflow12.jpg (185.0 KB, 321 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 10:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Custom is there if you set anything under view options. The easiest way to show me the info is display the View Configuration Summary. Displaying that also outputs it to the gemstone log so you can grab it from there too.

I do see you have added a sort so i can try that to see if that affects it.

Of course i am testing with the unreleased phoenix and gemstone versions so perhaps i need to test on the released version

k
Old 03-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Custom is there if you set anything under view options. The easiest way to show me the info is display the View Configuration Summary. Displaying that also outputs it to the gemstone log so you can grab it from there too.

I do see you have added a sort so i can try that to see if that affects it.

Of course i am testing with the unreleased phoenix and gemstone versions so perhaps i need to test on the released version

k
In the above graphic for my View Options I have the bottom clipped but there is nothing different there. In the View Options the only thing I have set is to sort by date added with newest showing first. However, I don't think that has anything to do with it because even in my "List" view where I sort by title, I still can't change the flags when viewing the Videos by Import Folder.

Ahh... yes, I'm using V7 with just what's available in the plugin library so maybe that's it?

EDIT: I see the View Configuration Summary link... I'll take a look at that
Old 03-06-2016, 10:49 AM
Sage Fanatic

View Configuration Summary...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wallflow13.jpg (160.8 KB, 330 views)
File Type: jpg wallflow14.jpg (161.4 KB, 313 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

Oh, and I mentioned above it is showing videos from both recordings and import folders. Not sure if this is normal and if there is a way to show only import folders? Thanks!
Old 03-06-2016, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

With the settings you have do you get a FOLDER structure in the Wall Flow or just a WALL of all the videos?

BTW: I am now testing with V7 and still cannot recreate it...LOL. I still do not have ANY DVD folders so I think that will be the next test. I assume you have the VOB files in a folder structure...let me know what it is with an example and I will try to mimic it.

k
Old 03-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
With the settings you have do you get a FOLDER structure in the Wall Flow or just a WALL of all the videos?

BTW: I am now testing with V7 and still cannot recreate it...LOL. I still do not have ANY DVD folders so I think that will be the next test. I assume you have the VOB files in a folder structure...let me know what it is with an example and I will try to mimic it.

k
I see just a WALL of all the videos without having to go through a folder structure... as soon as I enter this screen, this is what I see. And, if I don't have "Movies" selected and instead select "Videos by Import Folder", I also see what is in the top row below.

Yes, most all those videos/movies in the screen shots in this thread are simply DVD "copies" that have vob files and follow the \movies\moviename\VIDEO_TS folder structure. BUT, even avi files that that are like \movies\moviename\moviename.avi I can't toggle the watched status. And, the recorded shows that you see below which have hundreds of recordings per folder still show up individually in this flow (like in the top row the American Pickers episode Dial F for Fritz) and I can't set the watched flag here but can when viewing them in my normal TV Recordings section (the TV part of the menu and not the Videos part of the menu).

Thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wallflow15.jpg (244.7 KB, 316 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

I will check out if have a DVD folder in the mix causes the issue later today.

One question though...WHY are you using the Video Imports by Folder View when you are really collapsing that view by having the sort set. You are not getting the folders...are you?

What is the goal of your Flow? Perhaps there is a better View to meet that goal.

(regardless I would like to discover the issue )

k
Old 03-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I will check out if have a DVD folder in the mix causes the issue later today.

One question though...WHY are you using the Video Imports by Folder View when you are really collapsing that view by having the sort set. You are not getting the folders...are you?

What is the goal of your Flow? Perhaps there is a better View to meet that goal.

(regardless I would like to discover the issue )

k
Excellent question and here is why

I don't use the Videos section and the different ways to use "flows" of the menu for any of my TV recordings. I know some do but the way I like to do it is just use the TV menu for the recordings done off the TV Guide so to speak and the Videos menu for movies that I copy/rip/burn/whatever to a hard drive. The regular Movies view does everything I want except one thing... my DVDs that I copy/rip which were/are TV series (like Game of Thrones) do NOT show up in the "Movies" view because, I believe, they are listed as "TV" in the .properties file. Basically, all I really want to do is take my DVD collection and have it shown in the "Movies" view but because some of my DVDs are TV series, it throws a monkey wrench into it.

If there were a true Videos by Imported Folders (the current labeled like that also brings in the recordings folder?) which just showed all the videos in the listed import folders, that would work most excellently and show all the movies/tv DVDs that I have made copies of... which would exclude anything recorded by Sage in a Recording folder.

I can setup another flow using the current Videos by Import Folder the way it is and just weed through all the TV recordings to get to my "Game of Thrones" copied DVDs but when I do that, that's when I can't set the watched/don't like/archived flags. LOL

I used SageMyMovies previously before Plucky stopped working on it and really liked it. I have found the Wall flow scrolling vertically and keeping Sage info always on to very closely mimic what I had setup in SageMyMovies and I really like the look (see above screen shots) so couldn't be happier with the actual appearance of it. It's awesome! Just having trouble with the two things... 1) can't change flags when in the Videos by Import Folder view and 2) the Videos by Import Folder view also brings in recording folders.

And, none of these things are deal breakers for me. I can work around them. I very much appreciate what you plugin developers do for us. What I have now I very much like and use all the time and if it's something that only seems to be affecting me because I'm the only one who uses it in this weird way then I can work around it if it ends up being too time consuming to figure out

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2016, 05:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Try this....

- change View to All Videos (first item in the Views list)
- go into Filters
- Select Manual Recording - select it twice so it changes to Exclude and the radio button is still GREEN

Check the results. This should be All Videos Excluding Manual Recordings... so you will get TV, Movies, DVD etc. as long as they are NOT manual recordings

If you are still getting some recordings you may try instead of the Manual Recordings (clear that filter) go into the Filter called Media Type Filters and ...

- set Media Type Filter at the top toe show Exclude with the radio button green
- set the Recording item below that to be selected (green)

Let me know how that goes.

k