SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

"Set defaults" for Series forgets "Keep"/"Auto-delete" setting

I create a series/favorite and set the settings the way I want all future series/favorites to default to and click the "Set defaults" button and it says that the defaults have been saved. But the next time I create a favorite, it does not remember the setting for "Keep" or "Auto-delete".

For some reason all of my new favorites are being created with "keep" set to "until I delete" (auto-delete set to no). I need to get it to default to "until space is needed" and I can't figure out how.

What am I missing?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, so no one knows the answer off the top of their heads. Fair enough.

Will someone be willing to test on their system by changing the "Keep until space is needed" to "Keep until I delete" and then click "Set defaults"? Then schedule a new series and see if the change persists.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy

I can't believe there is not a single person who reads this thread willing to test this out.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

We are responding because ours doen't have this issue. Dunno what else to say, file a bug report. Mine all default to until space is needed just as you want.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
file a bug report.
BTW: there is no bug report to be filed because this is a custom STV. (Or: this thread is the bug report.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Sage Icon

lol I'm not used to MC having it's own forum.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, this is a tiny bit frustrating. CollinR said "Mine all default to until space is needed just as you want." That's not exactly what I asked for.

I want a SINGLE person to take 30 seconds to try the following:

1. Add a new Series and make a note of the setting "Keep" whether it is set to "Until I delete" or "Until Space is Needed" for the series you just added.
2. Change the "Keep" setting for the series you just added and click the "Set Defaults" button.
3. Create another new series and make a note of the setting "Keep" for this new series.
4. Report back in this forum whether the setting from step 1 matches the setting from step 3.

What I'm trying to figure out is whether "Set defaults" correctly remembers changes to the "Keep" setting, not whether your new serieses are set to auto-delete.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

I don't have SageMC so I can't really help you, but the default interface works as expected. However knowing that won't help you much.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Currently this setting doesn't get saved when using "Set Default".

Dirk
Old 05-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for responding. One last question. Is it possible for me to manually change the auto-delete setting for new series/favorites by either editing a config file or making some change in the default STV? I'm not sure how I got it screwed up but I'd really like new series/favorites to be created in SageMC with auto-delete turned on.

By the way, when I create a new favorite in the default STV, it DOES have auto-delete set to YES. It's just screwed up for me in SageMC.

Last edited by maxpower; 05-14-2008 at 09:47 PM.