SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-09-2016, 05:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
LOL....so you didn't check here....

Obviously we have too many places with the same setting. Even more scary that the value can be different.

k
hmm - neither did I - I will check that setting when I get home tonight!
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 03-09-2016, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
LOL....so you didn't check here....

<snip>

Obviously we have too many places with the same setting. Even more scary that the value can be different.

k
Actually, I did check that one, too. I just didn't have a screenshot (and it was correct).
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 03-10-2016, 02:45 PM
SageTVaholic

I was messing around with this and I may have figured out a fix. I'm not sure if this will give you any useful data regarding a solution to prevent it, but it appears that if the media is completely removed from the Sage db (incl. fanart & prop files) and then seen by Sage as new again, the fanart works. However, I tried changing the default cover fanart via BMT and it doesn't "stick". I re-did the delete and import new and then changed the fanart via the Sage UI (Gemstone) and they "stuck" that time. I'm not sure if they'll continue working indefinitely, but we'll see.

Also, I found that it doesn't appear to be a local caching issue because it happens with Cache Type set to OFF and the local caches cleared.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Good info....any and all info will help me to narrow it down.

My gut feeling at this point is it is related to the process I use for creating and storing the "key" to get the fanart from the memory/local cache. I know there are gaps in that design as the code for setting the default in Gemstone is different from setting the default in BMT (and likely different than CMT but I have not checked that out).

I wish I had a recreatable case where if I do x, y, z then from then on the fanart is missing....but I have not found that yet. That is truely the only way I will KNOW I resolved it when I resolve it

I have already resolved 1 issue where I was at times getting zero from a system call to get the size of the UI and then using that zero in a formula to resize the fanart for the screen....obviously that's not going to work. I have that one resolved in Gemstone 2 code already.... but I know that is not the only issue as I have still had this issue since fixing that.

My next area to work on will be changing the create key process and save it differently. This will be done in the phoenix api code so it is done consistently and for all use cases....this may be a bit of work so I haven't started it until I feel I will have enough time.

So keep any results coming to help focus where I work to resolve this.

k
Old 03-10-2016, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Also, I found that it doesn't appear to be a local caching issue because it happens with Cache Type set to OFF and the local caches cleared.
This part is interesting.

Do you typically set defaults for fanart? Does the issue happen on fanart where you KNOW you have not set a specific default?

k
Old 03-10-2016, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This part is interesting.

Do you typically set defaults for fanart? Does the issue happen on fanart where you KNOW you have not set a specific default?

k
Not typically, but probably more than most people. I've only ever done it for my Blu-ray rips and only if the default one is in a foreign language or looks like crap. Sadly, yes, the issue has happened on fanart I haven't changed the default on. I know that for certain because it has happened on recorded movies, for which I would never change the default. The most annoying part of this is that is just happens at some random point down the road and I have no clue how long it takes. I'm sure it's equally annoying to you.

Is there something in the code which "knows" that the fanart isn't displaying? I ask because I'm curious if a debug monitor could be put in place to keep an eye on all the fanart and then throw up a system message or something when the fanart "disappears" on something which had it.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any news on this? It seems to be working better now, so I wonder if the mismatched settings caused some garbage that have since worked there way out of my system?

I will continue to keep an eye on it. but my latest experience with it is this:
when I flipped to a new show it would take a bit to download the artwork. but it did grab it all for each show as I went through my recordings. Once through them all once, it was quicker, like it needed to download them and then had them cached.

The only change I am aware of is the update to CMT ...
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 03-29-2016, 08:23 PM
SageTVaholic

No news. Many things on the list so right now i am working on touch/mouse interface as well as a new menu layout option....some screen grabs likely soon if i get more tine on it.

The fanart changes will be complex and i will need to coordinate with stuckless too so it will be a bit.

But any new info you find all adds to finding the issues.

k