SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWizdom View Post
I'm working on a hopefully simple (at least thorough) Linux install guide and walkthrough for anyone who wants to try the new system. What I am not sure I understand clearly (and I didn't see in the thread). If someone installs sagetv-server_9.0.3_amd64.tar.gz, do they then also need to download SageJar-9.0.3.173.zip and overwrite the Sage.jar and the SageTV7.xml files, or is the original kept up to date?

As a followup, if the zip contains just the update that should be applied as new updates come out, is there a recommended way to merge the users SageTV7.xml file with the one in the ZIP? Does a configured system store any custom settings in the SageTV7.xml file?

I'm hoping to have a first draft of the walkthrough up tonight, but will probably run through it a few times to see if I can streamline and simplify it.

Thanks for the great downloads and the hard work!
On Linux the .deb (or .tgz depending on how you install it) contains everything that is needed to run sage, including the updated Sage.jar, STV, etc. If using the .deb (which is recommended) means that updates will done using the apt-get installer.

The .zip is mainly for Windows users that are applying this on top of their existing installs.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWizdom View Post
Does a configured system store any custom settings in the SageTV7.xml file?
The answer to this is NO. All sage customizations are applied on top of that file by properties and plugins that are not part of any install
Old 11-27-2015, 03:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
On Linux the .deb (or .tgz depending on how you install it) contains everything that is needed to run sage, including the updated Sage.jar, STV, etc. If using the .deb (which is recommended) means that updates will done using the apt-get installer.

The .zip is mainly for Windows users that are applying this on top of their existing installs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
The answer to this is NO. All sage customizations are applied on top of that file by properties and plugins that are not part of any install
Excellent. I'll give it a run the next time an update is posted, then adjust the Linux walkthrough accordingly. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Any chance of getting a new build that implements the fix that Jeff provided for regular expressions in Favorites?
Old 12-02-2015, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Any chance of getting a new build that implements the fix that Jeff provided for regular expressions in Favorites?
There's a chance The problem is that I've been so busy with real work that I haven't had time to sync up with the main repo and do a build. I'll see how tonight goes.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:35 AM
SageTVaholic

If you check the download area, there should be a new build. This took a little longer because apparently sagetv's ffmpeg (or mplayer, not sure which, yet), doesn't compile under Ubuntu 15.10 because of changes in gcc... I had to use a VM to build the image.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If you check the download area, there should be a new build. This took a little longer because apparently sagetv's ffmpeg (or mplayer, not sure which, yet), doesn't compile under Ubuntu 15.10 because of changes in gcc... I had to use a VM to build the image.
Thank You it works as designed.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:58 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
@stuckless
I just installed the latest .zip from your link in my Windows server. It enables all the Malore menus with the Extra Features etc.. It was fun talking my wife through disabling that this morning........
Old 12-03-2015, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
@stuckless
I just installed the latest .zip from your link in my Windows server. It enables all the Malore menus with the Extra Features etc.. It was fun talking my wife through disabling that this morning........
I don't enable or disable anything I just rebuild the jar. If you install the .zip version, then it will include an updated STV, so maybe that is what happened. Either way, I'm just repackaging changes that other people have done, since I contribute very little the actual sage core the moment.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:10 AM
Administrator

The "hidden features" no longer require entering a code on the System Info screen to enable them. But, they are off by default. That is, unless perhaps it was on an extender, which then checks the server's properties if the extender's properties don't already have a value... in which case if the server has them enabled, then the extender has them enabled too. In that case, there is still one setting that controls them all, so hey can be enabled/disabled via a single option.

Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Sage User

Sorry for the noob question but, where do I find the Release Notes for the Windows Versions?
Old 12-03-2015, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
I don't enable or disable anything I just rebuild the jar. If you install the .zip version, then it will include an updated STV, so maybe that is what happened. Either way, I'm just repackaging changes that other people have done, since I contribute very little the actual sage core the moment.
Gotcha. I guess it's in the included STV in your zip. I just wanted to let you know, as most beginners might be confused by the look and feel of the Malore stuff.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Sage User

I'm confused as to how to download the jar. When I follow the download link I get 'No direct downloads selected for this package.'
Old 12-09-2015, 11:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiDAD View Post
I'm confused as to how to download the jar. When I follow the download link I get 'No direct downloads selected for this package.'
Go the the 'Files' section.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah I'm not seeing any files for 9.0.3.178. And I went back through all the previous and am not seeing any there also. I have downloaded a zip once successfully, so there must be some permissions issue now.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 12-20-2015, 02:36 PM
Sage Icon

Just tried it, downloaded fine.

https://bintray.com/opensagetv/saget...getv/9.0.3.178
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 12-20-2015, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

Ok I had to refresh the page manually. thx
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 01-10-2016, 08:31 AM
Sage User

Release notes?

Where can I find the release notes for the current versions of Sage for windows? I keep updateing with the Windows Zip but not sure what I am fixing, changing or adding.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonest View Post
Where can I find the release notes for the current versions of Sage for windows? I keep updateing with the Windows Zip but not sure what I am fixing, changing or adding.
I tend to do the builds, and I don't particularly know what goes in the builds (unless it's stuff that I've added). You can look through the commit history on github, and you might get some clues there.

That being said, I just did a new build. The build includes support for a V9 specific plugin repository, and more information about that, can be found here.

https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv/...EPOSITORIES.md
Old 01-30-2016, 08:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Updated Install Walkthrough

Stuckless, I'm re-doing the walkthrough using the .deb files instead of the tar.gz.

Would you mind / Is it possible for you to create a file download directory or location where the directory and filenames don't change each build? Something like a "latest" directory with an extra file in it named "buildnumber.txt" that contains the build/version number and/or the build date? Would you mind?

This would help me in two ways.
1) I won't have to keep updating the walkthrough with new links each time a build comes out. I don't mind doing the updates, but they only happen when I notice.

2) With my eventual goal to script as much of the install as possible, if there is a consistent place to download the file, the script will both always be up to date, and also able to check for updates (buildnumber.txt) or by grabbing the newest and attempting to install it. I'm hopeful to at least make a guided install script to simplify the whole process on Linux.

Much Appreciated