SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-05-2020, 03:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK youtube 2015 is working but the movie trailers button on the video menu still return zero results. Search in the youtube plugin works though. If I use the trailers button then go to youtube plugin then the trailer movie search title is there and there so it is populating it but showing no results.
Old 10-29-2021, 02:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

I was able to get this installed (installs had been failing because it was being looked for at bintray. Justjokin fixed that (thanks!), but I can't get it do actually do anything. When I try to login to Youtube, it says "There was an error logging on." All the menu options give error messages when invoked. (See thread https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66814). I found this thread & maybe someone here knows how to make this plugin work.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:33 AM

Similar problem here after the recent YouTube(2015) plugin 'upgrade'

I am a long time SageTV + YouTube(2015) user - years ago migrated it from Win7 to Win10, last year got my YouTube (Google) credentials working - all work reliably, until I accepted the recent plugin upgrade to V1.101. Since then there hasn't been another auto recording of my subscribed channels and can't "Log On Now - There was an error logging on" via the Options -> Manage Your YouTube Account ...

I looked through the SageTV.txt file a bit ... to find "YTeviceAuth.getUsableAccessToken: Could not get access code. Reauthentication needed."
Also ... "YT:Channels.getChannelForId: JSON error.403 : The request is missing a valid API key."

Sure seems that the plugin upgrade hosed my working YT(2015). I read there has been a recent migration of the plug-ins from bintray.com to Github, did something go wrong with that? I tried to downgrade to the last version, was it 1.10? but that doesn't seem possible. Looking for advice and a path to make my YT(2015) whole and working again.

-Ken
Old 12-03-2021, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteflyer View Post
I am a long time SageTV + YouTube(2015) user - years ago migrated it from Win7 to Win10, last year got my YouTube (Google) credentials working - all work reliably, until I accepted the recent plugin upgrade to V1.101. Since then there hasn't been another auto recording of my subscribed channels and can't "Log On Now - There was an error logging on" via the Options -> Manage Your YouTube Account ...

I looked through the SageTV.txt file a bit ... to find "YTeviceAuth.getUsableAccessToken: Could not get access code. Reauthentication needed."
Also ... "YT:Channels.getChannelForId: JSON error.403 : The request is missing a valid API key."

Sure seems that the plugin upgrade hosed my working YT(2015). I read there has been a recent migration of the plug-ins from bintray.com to Github, did something go wrong with that? I tried to downgrade to the last version, was it 1.10? but that doesn't seem possible. Looking for advice and a path to make my YT(2015) whole and working again.

-Ken
I suggest you post your full log file so someone can review and see if we can help.

K
Old 12-03-2021, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I suggest you post your full log file so someone can review and see if we can help.

K
I wonder if this has to do with Google going to mandatory 2FA. I got an Email about this being a requirement ... will fully be converted DEC 9.
Old 12-04-2021, 04:00 PM

We can hope not ...

Regarding Google's switching on mandatory 2FA - I can't see how that would work in Youtube (2015) . I my case, that wasn't the cause of a broken YT (2015) - I discovered that either my plugin upgrade or removing then reinstalling YT (2015) wrote an empty youtube.properties file, over-writing that file which had my oauth information. Simply adding those three lines of credentials fixed it. Now I'm waiting for the quota stuff to be sorted out at midnight ... details of the OAuth stuff in is Jaroch76's post 797 in this thread: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...=62252&page=40
Old 04-23-2022, 07:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yesterday, one of the parts of the youtube plugin failed and disabled itself. So I updated all the elements to the most current one. That for some reason cleared the youtube.properties file and removed all the entries. After updating those it started to work again and find youtube videos. However, the interface is quite slow now and I get the spinny wheel after every button push. I also noticed that the duration of the video is no longer listed (it just has an empty field) and the publish date just says "not available". Has anybody else noticed anything like this?
Old 04-26-2022, 06:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Wischgol View Post
Yesterday, one of the parts of the youtube plugin failed and disabled itself. So I updated all the elements to the most current one. That for some reason cleared the youtube.properties file and removed all the entries. After updating those it started to work again and find youtube videos. However, the interface is quite slow now and I get the spinny wheel after every button push. I also noticed that the duration of the video is no longer listed (it just has an empty field) and the publish date just says "not available". Has anybody else noticed anything like this?
I looked at the logs this morning and attached those as well. There is a java exception about the file duration and it shows that the UI hangs while browsing the youtube videos. But I am not sure what is causing it specifically. Any pointer would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sage-logs.zip (679.3 KB, 47 views)
Old 04-28-2022, 03:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I looked at the logs this morning and attached those as well. There is a java exception about the file duration and it shows that the UI hangs while browsing the youtube videos. But I am not sure what is causing it specifically. Any pointer would be appreciated.
I was able to figure it out. After combing through the log file and with the help of Google, I learned that the joda jar file was missing. Not sure what caused it to get removed. But I just grabbed it from my server and copied it over in the JAR folder in the SageTV directory and everything went back to normal.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am running into issues with the YouTube plugin again. I looked through the log files and I think this is the reason:

YT: DeviceAuth.getUsableAccessToken: Could not get access code. Reauthentication needed.

I tried to create a new API key as there was an old post from 2016 where replacing the credentials helped. But creating a new API key did not solve it. I am not sure how I would go about reauthenticating it.
Old 02-18-2023, 10:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I am running into issues with the YouTube plugin again. I looked through the log files and I think this is the reason:

YT: DeviceAuth.getUsableAccessToken: Could not get access code. Reauthentication needed.

I tried to create a new API key as there was an old post from 2016 where replacing the credentials helped. But creating a new API key did not solve it. I am not sure how I would go about reauthenticating it.
I had no idea this was still working.
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit
Old 02-18-2023, 05:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
I had no idea this was still working.
Yes, it was working perfectly fine until a few days ago. I tried all sorts of things but could not figure it out yet. What I like about YouTube in SageTV is that you can easily (and quickly) go back and forth without the need for constant buffering.