SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-23-2021, 05:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Youtube downloads slow

Youtube downloads were getting really slow lately, too slow to really watch them forcing you to wait for minutes until enough was downloaded. I was looking around and it appears that youtube-dl (which the youtube plugin relies on) is not able to download any faster. People online recommended yt-dlc instead. It actually is a drop-in replacement as all I did was to download the latest yt-dlc binary, renamed it to youtube-dl.exe and dropped it into the SaveTV folder. Everything still seems to work and youtube downloads are now back to the usual speeds allowing me to watch them in real-time.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

I found and installed the Youtube-dl plugin, but have no clue how to use it, as there are no instructions. I also tried to install the Youtube plugin, thinking that maybe they work together, but the install failed, with the error message:

Progress: Done - FAILED - Resource Download http://dl.bintray.com/opensagetv/sag...eSTVI-1.10.zip.

I've been downloading Youtube videos with browser extensions, but seeing this post wondered if it would be more convenient to do it with Sage. So far, it isn't, since I can't make it work. Any suggestions?
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
I found and installed the Youtube-dl plugin, but have no clue how to use it, as there are no instructions. I also tried to install the Youtube plugin, thinking that maybe they work together, but the install failed, with the error message:

Progress: Done - FAILED - Resource Download http://dl.bintray.com/opensagetv/sag...eSTVI-1.10.zip.

I've been downloading Youtube videos with browser extensions, but seeing this post wondered if it would be more convenient to do it with Sage. So far, it isn't, since I can't make it work. Any suggestions?
Bintray is kaput. I don’t know much more about plug-ins other than many were copied over to GitHub. I’m not sure how the manifest thing works or what it takes to get them to install from there.
Old 10-26-2021, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I checked the v9 plugin repo and the YouTube plugin was migrated and should be available and should no longer point to bintray.

PS..the YouTube plugin will install the youtube-dl plugin as a dependency

What version of SageTV are you using?

K
Old 10-27-2021, 02:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I checked the v9 plugin repo and the YouTube plugin was migrated and should be available and should no longer point to bintray.

PS..the YouTube plugin will install the youtube-dl plugin as a dependency

What version of SageTV are you using?
I am using 9.2.2.904 64-bit. When I try to install the YouTube plugin it says it's looking for it on bintray. I just tried it again, with the same result. So maybe although the plugin was moved somewhere else, the plugin installer is still looking on bintray? Is that a possibility, and if so, is there a way to fix?
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am using 9.2.2.904 64-bit. When I try to install the YouTube plugin it says it's looking for it on bintray. I just tried it again, with the same result. So maybe although the plugin was moved somewhere else, the plugin installer is still looking on bintray? Is that a possibility, and if so, is there a way to fix?
What Java version are you using ?
Old 10-27-2021, 11:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Server is on Java 1.8.0_191.
Old 10-28-2021, 06:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Server is on Java 1.8.0_191.
I believe I have resolved this. Although the plugin was moved from bintray to github, the version number had not been updated to force SageTV to use the V9 repo instead of the old V7 repo.

I tested the install and it completed successfully.

K
Old 10-28-2021, 06:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks. I am now able to install it, but I can't get it to do anything. I found the menus created (under Online), but none of them actually are doing anything. I found the account configuration page, but when I try to logiin, rather than asking for my login/password, it just says "There was an error loggin on." When I try other menus, that I wouldn't think would depend on a login, such as " best of YouTube," I get "Failed to get Best of YouTube." Keyword searches yield "no videos found," and similarly for the other things I try. I even stopped/restarted Sage, to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't. It's like nothing is connected.
Old 10-28-2021, 09:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks. I am now able to install it, but I can't get it to do anything. I found the menus created (under Online), but none of them actually are doing anything. I found the account configuration page, but when I try to logiin, rather than asking for my login/password, it just says "There was an error loggin on." When I try other menus, that I wouldn't think would depend on a login, such as " best of YouTube," I get "Failed to get Best of YouTube." Keyword searches yield "no videos found," and similarly for the other things I try. I even stopped/restarted Sage, to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't. It's like nothing is connected.
Sorry...I know nothing about this plugin so hopefully someone that uses it chimes in...

K
Old 11-04-2021, 03:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'll have a look. I thought it was obsolete.
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit
Old 11-07-2021, 10:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

I haven't been able to get it to do anything. The menus work, and show my old favorites but I can't get it to log on and show any new content. When I uninstalled, SageTV wanted to update Groovy. I ended up with a looping prompt on the main menu. Backed out to an older Sage.properties, updated Groovy. Seems to be back in order now.
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit