SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Diamond Movies no longer play on Extenders

The strangest thing!

Recently upgraded to 3.30 Beta and all was well after re-caching all the fanart.

Now, when we select a movie in any diamond custom view it does not play from any extender.

Yet if we do the same from the PC Server client itself, it plays fine.

I recently reset the import directories manually; is this a path issue or what as none of our 446 movies play from SageTV movies.

Simonb

Clients: 3 HD300s, 2 HD200s, 1 PS3
Old 01-17-2012, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotionnotion View Post
The strangest thing!

Recently upgraded to 3.30 Beta and all was well after re-caching all the fanart.

Now, when we select a movie in any diamond custom view it does not play from any extender.

Yet if we do the same from the PC Server client itself, it plays fine.

I recently reset the import directories manually; is this a path issue or what as none of our 446 movies play from SageTV movies.

Simonb
A few things come to mind for you to try...

- disable the Diamond plugin and see if you can play from any of the SageTV default views from the extender. You can also try this with Diamond enabled, just go into the Videos Folder Browser and find a movie and see if it plays.

- if they don't play from the Default STV then you could have a path or access issue to the files themselves... If they are on a shared drive you may want to use UNC paths as the import directories rather than the drive letters. Also check that you have rights to those directories.

In theory the Diamond plugin should not prevent a video from playing so try this out to narrow the issue down and then perhaps we will need to have you upload you debug log and check it out.

k
Old 01-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Jusjoken;

good advice and a strange result!!!!

I recently had to re-add import directories (which I did through the diamond menu option).

I disabled the diamond Movies menu option; now shows as videos.

I then tried the FOLDER VIEW.

Any DVD's (in two UNC paths) fail to play.

Any AVI movies (in a different UNC path - Imported TV) play in Diamond or in the Folder view.

All TV recordings play without issue.

So it seems my media import directories/paths for the MOVIE directories are screwed.

Any ideas how I resolve this?

INCIDENTALLY --> When I select the DVD/BD option in stand-alone mode the movies play fine on the same UNC Path....

Old 01-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have looked into this more on the extender.

Non-VOB/DVD Extract files are playing from my Movie directories.

All AVIs etc are working fine from both Diamond and the default STV.

But not VOBs.

From my SageTV PC, ALL FILES play normally???????

I recently looked at using an external DVD player (PowerDVD) on the PC but I believe external playback is unique to PC clients?

Old 01-18-2012, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have looked into this more on the extender.

Non-VOB/DVD Extract files are playing from my Movie directories.

All AVIs etc are working fine from both Diamond and the default STV.

But not VOBs.

From my SageTV PC, ALL FILES play normally???????

I recently looked at using an external DVD player (PowerDVD) on the PC but I believe external playback is unique to PC clients?
Sorry... I am not sure I can help much more as this is certainly not a Diamond specific issue given how you describe it. I would suggest you post in a different forum and see if someone can assist with the Extender play of a VOB DVD folder. If you have any other plugins installed that relate to DVD playback such as the PowerDVD option you mention I would suggest you disable those Plugins to try and narrow down the issue.

k
Old 01-18-2012, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It will only work on PC clients, but it will try to do it from an extender (and fail miserably). That's where I'd look, make sure that plugin isn't enabled on your extenders.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Found the issue and it's NOT diamond-related so perhaps this thread should be relocated.

Its Fuzzy's external DVD/Blu-Ray playback plug-in.

For some reason when you enable it on the server (also my PC client) it also enables on the extenders and stops DVD/Blu-Ray playback.

All other file formats continue to play happily. This is why at first I thought it was a path issue or something screwed in the Diamond Movies metadata.

SJG