SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Got my overrides setup for the weekend's playoff games

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Got my overrides setup for the weekend's playoff games
+1 Green checks all around.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 01-14-2012, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

How can I determine in Groovy if SRE is monitoring an Airing? I am adapting Slugger's Late Night Talk show email script to send a daily Sage Recordings email and I would like to include an indication as to whether or not SRE is monitoring a recording.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
How can I determine in Groovy if SRE is monitoring an Airing? I am adapting Slugger's Late Night Talk show email script to send a daily Sage Recordings email and I would like to include an indication as to whether or not SRE is monitoring a recording.
You can use SREv4's DataStore API to query details about airings. You'll have to excuse the lack of docs in the code - I really didn't expect any external users to ever actually consume the API.

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addo...taStore.groovy

To get the monitoring status of an airing (scheduled to record), use the getMonitorStatusByObj() method. If you pass an airing not scheduled to record then this method will always return a status of UNKNOWN.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-14-2012, 12:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry Slugger but I am slow on figuring all of this stuff out. I tried the line:
Code:
msg << "${getMonitorStatusbyObj(it)}\n"
but that is causing an error.

I am ripping off your code from here:
Code:
airings.each {
    msg << "${ShowAPI.GetShowTitle(it)}\n"
    msg << "${ShowAPI.GetShowDescription(it)}\n"
    msg << "${BASE_URL}/DetailedInfo?AiringId=${AiringAPI.GetAiringID(it)}\n\n"
}
How would I add another line that would give me the SRE status using the getMonitorStatusbyObj?
Old 01-14-2012, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sorry Slugger but I am slow on figuring all of this stuff out. I tried the line:
Code:
msg << "${getMonitorStatusbyObj(it)}\n"
but that is causing an error.

I am ripping off your code from here:
Code:
airings.each {
    msg << "${ShowAPI.GetShowTitle(it)}\n"
    msg << "${ShowAPI.GetShowDescription(it)}\n"
    msg << "${BASE_URL}/DetailedInfo?AiringId=${AiringAPI.GetAiringID(it)}\n\n"
}
How would I add another line that would give me the SRE status using the getMonitorStatusbyObj?
There's lots going on here... I'm going to toss around some programming jargon, I'll leave you and Google to sort it out.

The sagex APIs, which is what's being used above, presents the Sage APIs as a series of static methods. The SREv4 API is an object based API. In short, you have to invoke the SRE API against objects (instead of passing objects to the static method based sagex API).

Here's an SJQ script that will simply dump the monitoring status of each scheduled recording. Hopefully you can massage it as necessary.

Code:
import com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.engine.DataStore

def datastore = DataStore.getInstance()
Global.GetScheduledRecordings().each {
   println "${AiringAPI.PrintAiringShort(it)}: ${datastore.getMonitorStatusByObj(it)}"
}
return 0
Output on my system:

Code:
"Cops" at 8:00PM on 287 WUHFDT: NO_MONITOR

"Cops" at 8:30PM on 287 WUHFDT: NO_MONITOR

"Saturday Night Live" at 11:29PM on 256 CIIIDT: NO_MONITOR

"The Simpsons" at Sun, Jan 15 8:00PM on 256 CIIIDT: NO_MONITOR

"NHL Hockey" at Sun, Jan 15 8:00PM on 485 SNHL4HD: VALID

"Family Guy" at Sun, Jan 15 9:00PM on 256 CIIIDT: NO_MONITOR
Old 01-14-2012, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Got it now, thanks. I was running this in the SageGroovy Console and was getting errors on the line for import com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.engine.DataStore.

I was able to fix this by copying sre.jar and sre-common.jar to the lib folder of Sagegroovy. Should I copy all jar files from my SageTV JARs folder to the SageGroovy lib folder?
Old 01-14-2012, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was able to fix this by copying sre.jar and sre-common.jar to the lib folder of Sagegroovy. Should I copy all jar files from my SageTV JARs folder to the SageGroovy lib folder?
You can, it would do no harm. Ideally, you keep the two in sync and by doing so you know a script that runs in SageGroovy should run unmodified on your Sage server (but not any Sage server).
Old 01-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm sure it's a silly question, but how do you do an override? I go out to liveprdata and see the NY Giants vs. Green Bay but how do I get that into an override?

In the web browser if I put that in as the Title is still shows Monitor status unknown. I must be doing something silly so any help would be appreciated.

I wish my EPG would show the teams instead of TBA.

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. Need to change Team 1 from Teams TBA to NY Giants and Team 2 from Teams TBA to Green Bay.

Last edited by rlvogel322; 01-15-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
These were definitely not matching a favorite and were not a manual recording. I logged Issue 331 with the details.

Thanks!
Using the latest SRE, everything worked great for this weekend's games.

Thanks, Slugger!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
Using the latest SRE, everything worked great for this weekend's games.

Thanks, Slugger!
+1. Thanks again Slugger for creating and supporting this plugin, it's one of the things that makes Sage so irreplaceable.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:43 PM
SageTVaholic

This plugin truly is genius - and it keeps getting better scuh as with the hide timeline feature.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

NASCAR

Slugger,

I missed the end of the Bud Shootout and it reminded me that SRE does not support NASCAR. How difficult is it to create a monitor? Can you point me at some info on how they work and how they are written? (Unless you have the burning desire to write it )

Tom

Old 02-20-2012, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Slugger,

I missed the end of the Bud Shootout and it reminded me that SRE does not support NASCAR. How difficult is it to create a monitor? Can you point me at some info on how they work and how they are written? (Unless you have the burning desire to write it )

Tom
Not difficult to write it, the difficulty for NASCAR has always been finding a reliable, near real time data source to use to track when a race is actually over. Few have tried, no one's succeeded in actually finding a source.

My policy has always been, and remains, that if you find the data source, I'll write the monitor. The data source must be:
  • Near real time; this means the data source is within 5 mins of real time, preferably within two minutes.
  • The data source is (relatively) easily parsable (i.e. HTML, JSON, XML, etc.); this means not flash based
  • For NASCAR, the source data must include unique details to identify the specific race being monitored and that race name should match the details in the EPG data (or be easily mappable).
  • For NASCAR (or any non-team based event, really), the data source must provide specific, unambiguous data that can be used to easily determine the race (event) is either definitely over/complete/halted/cancelled/etc. or it is definitely still in progress. For team sports, I am always able to find a status of the game ("14:43, 3rd period", "5:05, 2nd half", "Half time", "Overtime", "Final", "Final -OT", "Postponed", "Cancelled", "Delayed", "Intermission", etc.). I know I'm looking for specific key words in these status fields to tell me when a game is over, this is why SRE works so well for team based sports. Whatever data source you come up with must have something similar - there can't be any guessing involved in determining the race's live status.

Find the source with the above requirements detailed, I'll write the monitor.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

35 days, 21 minutes to go

it's almost SRE season!
(first red sox game is 35 days away)

SageTV showed my first spring training game in upcoming recordings yesterday, remembering my fave list, after this particular set of favorites had
gone unsatisfied since october.

once again, a shout out for my all time favorite sageTV customization

Last edited by cat6man; 03-01-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Plugin EOL notice; project donation to Canadian Cancer Society

Effective immediately, official support for this plugin has ended. More details available here.

A special thank you to all who have donated to this project. Because of your support, a donation for a little over $500 has been made to the Canadian Cancer Society. Again, thank you for your support!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Stnaley Cup Finals

It appears that both CBC and NBC use the title "Stanley Cup Finals" rather than "NHL Hockey". It appears that SRE is smart enough to catch this - is that correct?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It appears that both CBC and NBC use the title "Stanley Cup Finals" rather than "NHL Hockey". It appears that SRE is smart enough to catch this - is that correct?
Indeed, well, actually, it's livepvrdata.com that's "smart" enough. SRE just blindly passes the show details to livepvrdata and awaits a response. I've done some work on livepvrdata such that it will identify some "one off" titles, such as this one for the Cup finals. You still have to provide the teams - if your EPG says "Teams TBA" or some variation thereof, then you would have to create an override. I've done some work on livepvrdata to try and deduce the teams and though it sort of works, it doesn't work well enough for me to put it into production on the livepvrdata.com site. Will probably pick that up in the fall. Until then, you must provide both teams that are playing in the game in order for it to be properly monitored.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

I've added the teams manually. The EPG for CBC currently shows for Game 2: Los Angeles Kings at TBA, Game 3: Teams TBA, Game 4 TBA at Los Angeles Kings. NBC is the same for Game 2 but they don't appear to be carrying games 3&4.

I don't know why the guide doesn't know that the Kings will be in Game 3???

But the guide will likely refresh with the correct teams within the next few days - I think that is what happened for the semis.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
The first release of SREv4 is expected this coming week.
Is this pretty much a one for one replacement of SREv3? And I just uninstall v3 plug-in and install v4?

(I'm still using SREv3 and we missed recording OT of the first NHL playoff game and I got a cranky look from the hubby -- oops! Currently when I look at my guide via the web gui, and after updating the epg, I see all the games/teams listed correctly but the next few games have ! instead the green check mark )
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2