SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Slugger, I am getting some strange behavior with monitoring status of upcoming football games (both NFL and College). In SageTV the upcoming KC vs. Denver game on Sunday 01 Jan 2012 shows a "Monitor status is invalid." When I go to today’s date at livepvrdata (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20111229) it shows the KC vs. Denver game. But, when I go to 01 Jan 2012 at livepvrdata (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20120101) it shows no NFL events for that day. Also for college football, when I go to 09 Jan 2012 at livepvrdata (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20120109) I do not see any college football events, however that is the day of the BCS National Championship (Alabama vs. LSU). In fact, other than a game or two for CFL, I do not see any NFL or College Football at livepvrdata after 31 Dec 2011 (so none in 2012). Is the new year messing with the data so they are not showing up at livepvrdata to be monitored? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 12-29-2011, 12:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
Slugger, I am getting some strange behavior with monitoring status of upcoming football games (both NFL and College). In SageTV the upcoming KC vs. Denver game on Sunday 01 Jan 2012 shows a "Monitor status is invalid." When I go to today’s date at livepvrdata (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20111229) it shows the KC vs. Denver game. But, when I go to 01 Jan 2012 at livepvrdata (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20120101) it shows no NFL events for that day. Also for college football, when I go to 09 Jan 2012 at livepvrdata (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20120109) I do not see any college football events, however that is the day of the BCS National Championship (Alabama vs. LSU). In fact, other than a game or two for CFL, I do not see any NFL or College Football at livepvrdata after 31 Dec 2011 (so none in 2012). Is the new year messing with the data so they are not showing up at livepvrdata to be monitored? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
This should be fixed at livepvrdata.com. It may take up to 24 hours for the changes to be reflected in SRE (because SRE only validates future airings once a day).
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 12-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
This should be fixed at livepvrdata.com. It may take up to 24 hours for the changes to be reflected in SRE (because SRE only validates future airings once a day).
Slugger, thanks so much for fixing this. Looks like everything has updated and will be monitored. Thanks again.
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 01-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Slugger, I was wondering is SRE was going to monitor the NFL post season? I thought it had on the past, but I am not certain of that.

When I go to livepvrdata.com for tomorrows wild card post season games (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20120107), the set of NFL data is from last weekend’s games. Saturday’s games are Cincinnati vs. Houston at 4:30pm EST and Detroit vs. New Orleans at 8:00pm EST, however they are not listed. I was hoping SRE was going to monitor the NFL post season also if at all possible. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Slugger, I was wondering is SRE was going to monitor the NFL post season? I thought it had on the past, but I am not certain of that.

When I go to livepvrdata.com for tomorrows wild card post season games (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20120107), the set of NFL data is from last weekend’s games. Saturday’s games are Cincinnati vs. Houston at 4:30pm EST and Detroit vs. New Orleans at 8:00pm EST, however they are not listed. I was hoping SRE was going to monitor the NFL post season also if at all possible. Thanks.
I have to make some adjustments to the NFL monitor code. I plan on doing that after work today. Everything should be good to go before the the first kickoff tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I have to make some adjustments to the NFL monitor code. I plan on doing that after work today. Everything should be good to go before the the first kickoff tomorrow.
Slugger, thanks so much for all of your hard work on this great plugin.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Slugger, thanks so much for all of your hard work on this great plugin.
+1

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The update on livepvrdata.com is done. Playoff games can now be monitored. Depending on your EPG data, you may need overrides to monitor the games, but the games are now found by livepvrdata.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
STVi highlight: You will have the ability to hide the timeline for recordings that were monitored by SRE. I always found it annoying that you could more or less predict if the game was going into OT by looking at the time remaining in the timeline. Now you can simply turn the timeline off.
I love this feature - but perhaps a slight modification.

Would it be possible to totally hide the timeline so it doesn't appear at all when you press the transport keys? When watching sports I spend a lot of time skipping and everytime I press skip the timeline bar still comes up? Currently it comes up and says something like "Timeline is disabled for SRE monitored recordings." instead of showing the actual timeline. I would rather have it not appear at all as it blocks part of the screen and doesn't perform any useful function, except telling you the time.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Slugger,

I'm having an issue where the "Remove Manual Flag from Favorite" does not always work. I logged Issue 330 that describes the problem.

Otherwise, v4 is working great!

Old 01-07-2012, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I love this feature - but perhaps a slight modification.

Would it be possible to totally hide the timeline so it doesn't appear at all when you press the transport keys? When watching sports I spend a lot of time skipping and everytime I press skip the timeline bar still comes up? Currently it comes up and says something like "Timeline is disabled for SRE monitored recordings." instead of showing the actual timeline. I would rather have it not appear at all as it blocks part of the screen and doesn't perform any useful function, except telling you the time.
That can be done, please open a ticket here: tickets

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

I thought in SREv3, live TV was never monitored (only manual recordings and favorites). Has this changed in v4?

I watched both football games live yesterday and SRE monitored and extended both of them and flagged them as manual recordings. This is not what I would have expected.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
I thought in SREv3, live TV was never monitored (only manual recordings and favorites). Has this changed in v4?

I watched both football games live yesterday and SRE monitored and extended both of them and flagged them as manual recordings. This is not what I would have expected.
If the airings would still match a favourite then they'd still be monitored. If they didn't then that's a bug, need log files (in a ticket, preferably, please).
Old 01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If the airings would still match a favourite then they'd still be monitored. If they didn't then that's a bug, need log files (in a ticket, preferably, please).
These were definitely not matching a favorite and were not a manual recording. I logged Issue 331 with the details.

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Slugger,

Somehting went wrong with the Bronco's game yesterday. It looked like it was being monitored but still stopped recording at the regularly scheduled time. I'll send the logfile when I get home tonight, but I was wondering if anybody else had this problem?

Tom

Old 01-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Somehting went wrong with the Bronco's game yesterday. It looked like it was being monitored but still stopped recording at the regularly scheduled time. I'll send the logfile when I get home tonight, but I was wondering if anybody else had this problem?
My monitoring of the Broncos game worked fine and extended the game a short period past the planned recording period to just after the OT "Mile High Miracle." However, I did have a problem like you mentioned about two or three months ago on an Auburn game that ran long but SRE did not extend it. I looked through my log files, and was able to convince myself that I may have caused the problem or that is was an isolated incident and rebooted my server. The problem has not come back since then.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Tom's problem was a lack of an override, SRE worked as expected. I cranked up the logging in some areas in the latest build, which should help make it clearer when things appear to go wrong. What was once only logged in DEBUG and TRACE levels will now be logged at INFO level, which is the default level. I didn't move all logging to INFO, just some logging describing what info SRE is using to monitor and what response was received from livepvrdata.

All users are encouraged to upgrade to the latest build.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tom's problem was a lack of an override, SRE worked as expected.
Yup, user error

Old 01-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm looking to monitor Sunday's game with the packers and giants.

I just did an EPG update to fix the TBA teams and now the guide shows
the actual teams. Then i set the game to record. but in the webbrowser it shows Monitor status invalid?
I looked at the livepvrdata for next sunday and it shows the game.

I had to put an override in for the New England on saturday before I did the EPG update.. That seems to have the correct status.

What am I missing here? Should I do an override for that as well even though the teams are listed on the EPG?

I would also request that you add some notation on the first post that notes that the webUI was moved to nielm's webserver! It took me a while looking for the war file and installing and uninstalling the plugin before I read several posts later that it was moved! That might help other people.. (and/or update the wiki)

Thanks,

Jim
Old 01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
I'm looking to monitor Sunday's game with the packers and giants.

I just did an EPG update to fix the TBA teams and now the guide shows
the actual teams. Then i set the game to record. but in the webbrowser it shows Monitor status invalid?
I looked at the livepvrdata for next sunday and it shows the game.
Have a look in plugins\sre4\sre.log... it should have errors saying why it couldn't find the status for the game. Also note that SRE only validates future airings every 20 mins, but only validates a specific airing once a day. If the status was invalid then the EPG data was updated it may take up to 24 hours for the status to be corrected. You could use the UserRecord editor in the web UI to go in and clear the timestamp for the airing and have it revalidate within 20 mins (but I highly discourage this practice). You could also create an override, overrides are always validated immediately.

Quote:
I had to put an override in for the New England on saturday before I did the EPG update.. That seems to have the correct status.
Yup, overrides are validated immediately.

Quote:
What am I missing here? Should I do an override for that as well even though the teams are listed on the EPG?
Wait up to 24 hours or create an override. Overrides are validated immediately. (Is there an echo in the room? )

Quote:
I would also request that you add some notation on the first post that notes that the webUI was moved to nielm's webserver! It took me a while looking for the war file and installing and uninstalling the plugin before I read several posts later that it was moved! That might help other people.. (and/or update the wiki)
Yeah, I need to update the docs everywhere, including the release notes of the plugin, which still refer to the separate web UI.