SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Actually, the "Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record." message is all over my SRE log file, even when I am not watching live TV and nothing else is schedule to record afterwards. So, may not be strictly related to watching live TV while an event is airing.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Interesting... ok, I'll take a look at that probably this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some logic errors in that code since it was rewritten as a part of v4 and since I don't use that feature myself, it probably wasn't as heavily tested as other parts of the code.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 12-26-2011, 12:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
Actually, the "Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record." message is all over my SRE log file, even when I am not watching live TV and nothing else is schedule to record afterwards. So, may not be strictly related to watching live TV while an event is airing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Interesting... ok, I'll take a look at that probably this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some logic errors in that code since it was rewritten as a part of v4 and since I don't use that feature myself, it probably wasn't as heavily tested as other parts of the code.
Just took a quick look at the code and the bug is obvious... enabling the "ignore front end of back to back recordings" option will trigger the bug. Until the next update, all users should disable this option.

Issue 321 has been opened for this. Given the severity of this bug, I'll actually try to fix it ASAP, but the holiday schedule is a little hectic this week. But this is now the next thing I will look at. Those interested in updates on my progress can star that issue at Google Code.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Just took a quick look at the code and the bug is obvious... enabling the "ignore front end of back to back recordings" option will trigger the bug. Until the next update, all users should disable this option.

Issue 321 has been opened for this. Given the severity of this bug, I'll actually try to fix it ASAP, but the holiday schedule is a little hectic this week. But this is now the next thing I will look at. Those interested in updates on my progress can star that issue at Google Code.
Thanks Slugger. No rush needed. Enjoy the holidays!

Old 12-27-2011, 09:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Build 1737 available

Build 1737 is now in the repository. This build fixes the above mentioned bug with the "ignore front half of back to back recordings" setting. It also fixes another bug I discovered while fixing the first one - a monitor would never come out of idle state once it got there; this is now also fixed.

Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary with this build.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

SageTVService crashes upon reloading UI after enabling SRE

It appears that most of my many Extenders did not have the SRE UI enabled - I generally have used the web page to monitor recordings in the past. But given the new "hide timeline" feature I am in enabling it on all clients. Last night I tried enabling the UI on one of my clients - it asked to reload the UI and I said yes. After this the client to stop responding and it caused the SageTVService to crash on my server. I had to restart the service. When everything came back up the SRE UI was now enabled.

I tried it again this morning on another client with the same result. I assume that this is likely caused by something in the reload UI code rather than the SRE UI itself. I have reloaded the UI many times in the past without problems although I can't remember the last time I did this.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

My only recent changes have been stuff related to the weather service updates so I have had to upgrade Diamond and the SageTV STV to get the right weather forecast and icons.

FYI I am using Sage 7.1.9.256 and Java 1.6.0_23. I use the Diamond Serenity Now for my UI and OS is Win 7 Pro 32bit.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you happen to save the logfiles when this happened? I've never seen this so I'd like to investigate to see what happened. The UI plugin doesn't do anything strange or unnatural but maybe the logs will tell me something.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Unfortunately not but I have more extenders to go so I will do so the next time.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

a little more data.

i uninstalled SRE4 and the tmiranda UI, then re-installed them.

SRE4 and overrides work from Hd300 and from sagetv pc, but i still have problems going through nielm's UI.

now when i use nielm's UI, i get an error even earlier.
i set up an SRE recording, then go to 'upcoming recordings' and click on that scheduled recording. i get an error message as follows:

=========

College Basketball

Episode: Vanderbilt at Marquette

Manual RecordingFirst Run

Airing: Dec 29, 2011 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM

Duration: 2h 0m

Channel: 574-ESPN2HD

Category: Sports event/Basketball

HDTV, Live

Show ID: SP2540900000

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/code/sagetvaddons/sre/engine/DataStore
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/code/sagetvaddons/sre/engine/DataStore
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.DetailedInfoServlet.doServletGet(DetailedInfoServlet.java:509)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:86)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1504)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1479)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1366)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 12-27-2011, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you restart Sage after reinstalling the plugins? There are cases where Sage will upgrade the web UI and think it can avoid a restart, but it's wrong because of changes in packaging of the web UI.

If you did restart Sage, in your JARs folder, does sre.jar exist? Is it the most recent?

To get that exception dumped basically means the following has happened (assuming you've already restarted Sage, if that's not the case then restart before reading the following):

The core thinks SREv4 is installed, but it's not - the jar is missing (EDIT: or you've got an old jar stuck in the JARs folder, refusing to upgrade OR you've got multiple copies of the sre.jar file, such as sre.jar and "Copy of sre.jar" [Windows only]). I've seen this happen to users on systems where they've reinstalled Sage, restored props files from a previous backup, including the plugin repository index listings, but did not restore all of their plugin jar files, etc. Basically this confuses the core into thinking plugins are installed even though the plugin files are missing. However, recent builds of Sage should produce a system message in this case.

Last edited by Slugger; 12-27-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

re-start fixed the new problem and now i'm back to the 404 not found.
since it works except in webUI, i'm going to re-install that next.

edit: nope, that didn't help either..........not a biggie though as override works fine on sage PC
and via extender

Last edited by cat6man; 12-27-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
re-start fixed the new problem and now i'm back to the 404 not found.
since it works except in webUI, i'm going to re-install that next.

edit: nope, that didn't help either..........not a biggie though as override works fine on sage PC
and via extender
Go to /sage/sre4_edit.gsp on the web ui. Does that page load? If not, what's the error? I'm really confused as to what the problem is. Are you on Linux by any chance? If so, check the file permissions on the sre4.groovy file, is it readable by the user running the sagetv process? Increasing the log level of the Jetty plugin might give us answers, too.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Go to /sage/sre4_edit.gsp on the web ui. Does that page load? If not, what's the error? I'm really confused as to what the problem is. Are you on Linux by any chance? If so, check the file permissions on the sre4.groovy file, is it readable by the user running the sagetv process? Increasing the log level of the Jetty plugin might give us answers, too.
http://192.168.1.100:8080/sage/home works and goes to webUI home page.

http://192.168.1.100:8080/sage/sre4_edit.gsp fails with '404 page not found'

no linux here
Old 12-27-2011, 09:35 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know then. Without more detailed logs from jetty and/or sage with errors/exceptions explaining why jetty thinks that file doesn't exist then I don't think there's anything else I can do.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

log files next
Old 12-28-2011, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

One idea to consider: SREv4 uses fewer dependency plugins but when you upgrade Sage does not automatically remove the dependencies that are no longer needed, maybe these old unnecessary dependency plugins are creating some sort of conflict? Can you try to uninstall all unnecessary plugins? (This must be done manually.)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

seeing '404' here too

Having the same problem here too, seeing a 404 at the above links...

I'm running on port 8080 as Teamviewer is using port 80. Should I see SRE4 listed if I go to http://192.168.1.43:8080/apps/ ? It's not listed there, but I believe it used to be. All I see is Sagealert, Sagetv Web Interface, and Sagex. (edited to say, clicking on sagex gets a 404, maybe a leftover link from an old version).

I don't know how to generate Jetty logs, I'll have to read up a bit. Also, I'm running Win7 X64 if that makes a difference.

Larry

Last edited by larryf; 12-28-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf View Post

I'm running on port 8080 as Teamviewer is using port 80. Should I see SRE4 listed if I go to http://192.168.1.43:8080/apps/ ? It's not listed there, but I believe it used to be. All I see is Sagealert, Sagetv Web Interface, and Sagex. (edited to say, clicking on sagex gets a 404, maybe a leftover link from an old version).

I don't know how to generate Jetty logs, I'll have to read up a bit. Also, I'm running Win7 X64 if that makes a difference.

Larry
You won't see anything under apps - the SREv4 web pages are a part of the nielm web UI (a.k.a. Sagetv Web Interface) now.

I suspect the 404 is being caused by an exception being generated, probably due to a missing jar or something and jetty is catching the exception and responding with the 404 error. But without some kind of log output, it's only a guess and a very broad one at that. Without logs showing the underlying cause, I have no idea where to even begin looking (if I'm even right).
Old 12-28-2011, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Maximum jetty logging...

Especially on Windows, just increasing the jetty log level in the plugin config may not be enough. To get the most detailed jetty logging, follow these instructions:

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addo...tyDebugLogging

Remember to undo everything after generating the logs.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf View Post

Larry
YES! I'm not crazy

i'm also running port 8080 by the way......XP windows here