SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Sage User

SRE Error

sre.log is showing this warning when monitoring the Bengals/Jets game right now:
Code:
2016-09-11 15:18:00,009 INFO : 3660225/NFL Football: Fetching status with data: [NFL Football, Cincinnati Bengals at New York Jets, 1473613200000]
2016-09-11 15:18:00,039 WARN : 3660225/NFL Football: Error from web service; safety measures already applied.
http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata/events displays today's events properly. Is there an issue with the web service or is it an issue on my end? Thanks for your time.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
I just released a version of the Live PVR Data Server that runs insides the Sage Jetty instance. To try it out, install the Live PVR Data Server plugin within the SageTV Plugin manager and then configure SRE to use the server URL "http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata".
Are there any instructions on how to install and run this server without SageTV? Now that fall football is here people are asking for my utility for NextPVR to get updated.

Martin
Old 09-15-2016, 02:26 PM
SageTVaholic

My original port of the service to open source produced a docker image that you could then run via docker. That's what I delivered. The git repo has since been modified to work as a sagetv plugin, but if you rewind the repo back to my last commit then you would have a vanilla state where you could build the docker container. Alternatively, you can build the war and deploy it to any container -- and this method should work fine even with the Sagetv mods since the service itself really shouldn't have any sagetv specific code in it (though I haven't been monitoring the changes too closely). I think you have my email, you can ping me via email if you need some assistance.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 09-15-2016, 08:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
My original port of the service to open source produced a docker image that you could then run via docker. That's what I delivered. The git repo has since been modified to work as a sagetv plugin, but if you rewind the repo back to my last commit then you would have a vanilla state where you could build the docker container. Alternatively, you can build the war and deploy it to any container -- and this method should work fine even with the Sagetv mods since the service itself really shouldn't have any sagetv specific code in it (though I haven't been monitoring the changes too closely). I think you have my email, you can ping me via email if you need some assistance.
Thanks I actually spent most of the day trying to configure Docker for Windows after reading you github notes but I had to give up because I only get it to work with telnet. I will poke away at it.

In the meantime I have created a livpvrdata.war file using the gradle batch file and it seems to be working.

Martin

Last edited by emveepee; 09-15-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Docker for windows is a pain... if you want to play with docker, it would be easier to host it on a linux based system.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-16-2016, 06:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Docker for windows is a pain... if you want to play with docker, it would be easier to host it on a linux based system.
Thanks yes it was, but I am not trying to host it, I am trying to make a standalone OSS livepvrata server available to the NextPVR windows users. So far the war file seems ok.

Martin
Old 09-16-2016, 07:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsquaredIN View Post
sre.log is showing this warning when monitoring the Bengals/Jets game right now:
Code:
2016-09-11 15:18:00,009 INFO : 3660225/NFL Football: Fetching status with data: [NFL Football, Cincinnati Bengals at New York Jets, 1473613200000]
2016-09-11 15:18:00,039 WARN : 3660225/NFL Football: Error from web service; safety measures already applied.
http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata/events displays today's events properly. Is there an issue with the web service or is it an issue on my end? Thanks for your time.
Sorry, I'm just getting to this now. I don't have similar messages in my log. Was your game monitored and extended successfully?
Old 09-16-2016, 07:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I haven't intentionally done anything to break the docker build or make the war file sage specific. The only thing sage specific stuff is the packaging of the plugin.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by emveepee View Post
Thanks yes it was, but I am not trying to host it, I am trying to make a standalone OSS livepvrata server available to the NextPVR windows users. So far the war file seems ok.

Martin
If there is anything in particular that would make this easier for you, let me know.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If there is anything in particular that would make this easier for you, let me know.
I am still trying to find out why jetty return 404 on a status query but other then that it looks good.

For improvements maybe we can find a way for racing to work better based on time not the subtitle. Can you tell me what parameters are being requested for the Singapore F1 race this weekend?

Martin
Old 09-17-2016, 11:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I am still trying to find out why jetty return 404 on a status query but other then that it looks good.

For improvements maybe we can find a way for racing to work better based on time not the subtitle. Can you tell me what parameters are being requested for the Singapore F1 race this weekend?

Martin
It appears that while the monitor code is present, F1 monitoring isn't enabled in the open source version of the server. A quick test suggests the monitor works, so it would just have to be enabled. I don't have F1 in my guide data, so I'd have to know what the Title looks like to enable the monitor.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It appears that while the monitor code is present, F1 monitoring isn't enabled in the open source version of the server. A quick test suggests the monitor works, so it would just have to be enabled. I don't have F1 in my guide data, so I'd have to know what the Title looks like to enable the monitor.
I use NextPVR with Schedules Direct data and it is

Formula One Racing
Singapore Grand Prix

tomorrow at 8am, i use Zap2it to find the shows when I can't get it I see is is on NBCSN in the States

The ESPN API uses different names.

Martin
Old 09-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Also I am not sure if the sprint or xfinity NASCAR monitors are enabled. There is one on right now

NASCAR Racing
XFINITY Series: Drive for Safety 300

Last year I just remapped this SD name to the ESPN api name

NASCAR XFINITY SERIES AT CHICAGO

Martin
Old 09-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

One of my users noticed a problem with this game

{"title":"College Football","description":"Florida State at Louisville","status":"Sep 17 12:00 ET","isValid":true,"isActive":true,"isComplete":false,"isError":false}

Looking at espn it is ended

Code:
                          + "status": "post",
                          + "summary": "Final",
                          + "fullStatus": {
                              # "clock": "0:00",
                              # "period": 4,
                              # "type": {
                                  * "id": 3,
                                  * "description": "FINAL",
                                  * "detail": "Final",
                                  * "shortDetail": "Final",
                                  * "state": "post"
                                }
                            },
Martin
Old 09-17-2016, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

None of the college games on my feeds are being updated. They show the start times, but no live data. Because of this, the three or four college games I recorded today never stopped recording. I had to manually stop all of them, sometimes hours after the games ended.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 09-17-2016, 10:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

There is something wrong when &groups are called in the latest change, removing that seems to fix it.

Since I learned enough to do that I enabled the F1 monitor and it is working. PM me with your email if you want to chat more offline.

Martin

Last edited by emveepee; 09-18-2016 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
None of the college games on my feeds are being updated. They show the start times, but no live data. Because of this, the three or four college games I recorded today never stopped recording. I had to manually stop all of them, sometimes hours after the games ended.
I noticed that on my recording as well. I am investigating.

Quote:
There is something wrong when &groups are called in the latest change, removing that seems to fix it.

Since I learned enough to do that I enabled the F1 monitor and it is working. PM me with your email if you want to chat more offline.
Glad to hear F1 is working. Create a pull request and I'll merge your change into the code base.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I've worked through the College Football problem. I was including group id's for individual conferences (e.g. ACC) as well as divisions (e.g. FBS) and for some reason, when I did that, the feed set all of the statuses as pre-game. I've updated the code to filter out everything but the parent divisions and that has fixed the issue. I'll package up this change as an updated sage plugin later today or perhaps tomorrow. If I get emveepee changes to include F1, I'll incorporate those too. If I don't, I may just put that in myself since he's confirmed it works.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Glad to hear F1 is working. Create a pull request and I'll merge your change into the code base.
Once you get the fix groups commited, I will. I also have NASCAR and future dates working.

Martin
Old 09-18-2016, 12:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Once you get the fix groups commited, I will. I also have NASCAR and future dates working.

Martin
It's committed. After I merge in your changes I'll package an update for SageTV users.