SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
ok.................turns out i had the updates, was using the webUI (for years), but didn't see anything until i recorded a SRE-able sporting event.........shows up fine on TV screen (yea!), SRE status in webUI says it is being monitored (yea!) but i get a 404 error when i try to edit it in the webUI.

404 not found
http://192.168.xxx.xxxx:8080/sage/sr...dit&id=6032001

so it looks like it works for me except for override/edit

update: override works fine from STVi on tv set.................neither edit nor delete works in webUI for me
Can you check the sagetv_0.txt log file for any exceptions? Is anyone else able to reproduce this? I'm not, but I see a possible packaging error, which could be responsible for something like this.

Also check SageTV\jetty\webapps\nielm_sagewebserver\webapp\ for the file sre4.groovy (along with some *.gsp files). Do they exist?

EDIT: The packaging error was only on my test server, it does not exist in the war file uploaded to the repository so there is no issues with the packaging. I'm not not able to reproduce this, hopefully someone else can or you can get me some logs with exceptions, etc.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...

Last edited by Slugger; 12-21-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
STVi highlight: You will have the ability to hide the timeline for recordings that were monitored by SRE. I always found it annoying that you could more or less predict if the game was going into OT by looking at the time remaining in the timeline. Now you can simply turn the timeline off.
Brilliant! I have had the same issue, particularly with hockey playoffs. Thank you very much for implementing.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:45 AM
SageTVaholic

@slugger - there are some plugins called live pvrdata4j and livepvrdata-shared. Are these still used?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
@slugger - there are some plugins called live pvrdata4j and livepvrdata-shared. Are these still used?
Yes, they're listed as dependencies of SREv4 and definitely are needed.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If you want to eliminate unnecessary plugins, I created a plugin called "Remove Plugin and Dependencies". You can install that and then run through all of the plugins you have installed to see if they are needed.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Yes, they're listed as dependencies of SREv4 and definitely are needed.
OK great - I thought that they might have been from previous versions as I remember you saying that the livepvr project kind of died.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK great - I thought that they might have been from previous versions as I remember you saying that the livepvr project kind of died.
Slugger brought it back from the dead.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Can you check the sagetv_0.txt log file for any exceptions? Is anyone else able to reproduce this? I'm not, but I see a possible packaging error, which could be responsible for something like this.

Also check SageTV\jetty\webapps\nielm_sagewebserver\webapp\ for the file sre4.groovy (along with some *.gsp files). Do they exist?
sre4.groovy is there, along with set_tvdb.groovy and sre4_edit.gsp

didn't see a sagetv_0.txt file dated after november, so need to turn logging on next.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

does this help?
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0_debug.txt (22.3 KB, 280 views)
Old 12-23-2011, 03:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you restarted Sage since upgrading? When you upgraded the web UI you may not have been told you had to restart Sage by the core. Because of the way I changed how the war file is packaged, Sage must be restarted after each update, but the core may think it can avoid it the first time - incorrectly. That's all I've got because there are no SRE nor WebUI exceptions in that log file. Perhaps up the logging level on the Jetty web server next?
Old 12-24-2011, 07:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Have you restarted Sage since upgrading? When you upgraded the web UI you may not have been told you had to restart Sage by the core. Because of the way I changed how the war file is packaged, Sage must be restarted after each update, but the core may think it can avoid it the first time - incorrectly. That's all I've got because there are no SRE nor WebUI exceptions in that log file. Perhaps up the logging level on the Jetty web server next?
I'm probably being daft, but where in the Web UI do I find the SRE configuration stuff? I've poked around and I can't seem to find it. I'm running all the latest software. The sre4.groovy file is located in the webapp directory as you pointed out above.

Only oddity I can see is that if I go to http://serverort/apps, the Web UI reports that I am running v 2.32.1729. But if I go to the Web UI home page at http://serverort/sage/Home, the version at the bottom of the page is still 2.31.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
I'm probably being daft, but where in the Web UI do I find the SRE configuration stuff? I've poked around and I can't seem to find it. I'm running all the latest software. The sre4.groovy file is located in the webapp directory as you pointed out above.

Only oddity I can see is that if I go to http://serverort/apps, the Web UI reports that I am running v 2.32.1729. But if I go to the Web UI home page at http://serverort/sage/Home, the version at the bottom of the page is still 2.31.

Any thoughts?
Nevermind, I found it. I was expecting to see the new hooks on the left hand menu when I viewed an upcoming recording, but they were hidden at the bottom of the box containing the program description.

However, I'm still not sure where to go to edit SRE configuration options (how long to pad by default, etc).
Old 12-24-2011, 07:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Nevermind, I found it. I was expecting to see the new hooks on the left hand menu when I viewed an upcoming recording, but they were hidden at the bottom of the box containing the program description.
I think my plan is to eventually move them here, maybe. Does the edit link work for you? So far only one person is reporting problems, it seems no one else can reproduce the failure.

Quote:
However, I'm still not sure where to go to edit SRE configuration options (how long to pad by default, etc).
You have to go to the plugin configuration screen in the STV, for now. A future update will add the config ability to the web.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Nevermind, I've now found the configuration, too.

Here are the helpful for the other n00bs (like me):

1. After upgrading, you'll need to configure the plugin using the Sage TV UI:
* From the Main Menu, Navigate to Setup -> SageTV Plugins -> Installed Plugins
* In the top bar, highlight General and select Sage Recording Extender (SRE) from the list of installed plugins
* Choose Configure Plugin from the popup dialog

2. In the Web UI, you can check the SRE status of an upcoming recording, edit and delete your overrides by navigating to the detail of an in-progress or upcoming recording. The SRE options are available in box containing the program description, just below the Show ID. See attached screen shot.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think my plan is to eventually move them here, maybe. Does the edit link work for you? So far only one person is reporting problems, it seems no one else can reproduce the failure.
Yes, the edit link worked for me, but i haven't actually tried to create an override yet.

Quote:
You have to go to the plugin configuration screen in the STV, for now. A future update will add the config ability to the web.
Yes, thanks. I finally figured that out. I'm not used to going there to configure plugins, so I had forgotten this feature existed.

So, I think I'm all set for now... at least until 1:00 when the games start and the monitoring begins!

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Yes, the edit link worked for me, but i haven't actually tried to create an override yet.
:

well, i guess it's just me getting a 404 page not found on edit/delete.
maybe i messed up the installation some how.........
Old 12-24-2011, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post

well, i guess it's just me getting a 404 page not found on edit/delete.
maybe i messed up the installation some how.........
Did you up the jetty logging and try to reproduce?

What happens if you just go to http://w.x.y.z/sage/sre4_edit.gsp or http://w.x.y.z/sage/sre4.groovy

Last edited by Slugger; 12-24-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Got an error yesterday on the Celtics/Knicks game and the recording did not extend. In the system messages, there was an info message at 2:30: "Partial Recording Due to Conflict. The recording of "NBA Basketball" on TNTHD at Sun 12/25 12:00 was not completed because of conflicts recording on other tuners. A partial recording of that program has been saved." Prior to this happening, the UI was showing a green checkmark indicating that the game was being monitored.

The recording ended at 2:30 and was not extended. There were no other recordings going on at the time (so I am not sure what the nature of the conflict would be).

I have debug logging turned on for Sage, but I don't see anything odd around 2:30 yesterday in the sagetv log file. I don't see any SRE messages in this log, so I am not sure if I have the SRE logging turned on (or if I am looking in the right file for them). I would be happy to send you what I have, just let me know.

I'll try a couple more recordings today. SRE would seem to otherwise (green checkmarks in the UI, etc.

Brian
Old 12-26-2011, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Have a look in SageTV\plugins\sre4\sre.log, but that system message is not from SRE, but from the core. For some reason, the core decided to stop the recording at 2:30 because it felt it needed to record something else. The sagetv_0.txt log should at least tell you what it felt it needed to start recording at 2:30. The SRE log file might provide some additional info as well.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Have a look in SageTV\plugins\sre4\sre.log, but that system message is not from SRE, but from the core. For some reason, the core decided to stop the recording at 2:30 because it felt it needed to record something else. The sagetv_0.txt log should at least tell you what it felt it needed to start recording at 2:30. The SRE log file might provide some additional info as well.
Yup I understood that this was a core message. But since the SRE monitored recording was the only activity going on (and having just upgraded SRE), I was suspicious.

So, I found the SRE.log. For those watching at home, the log is in %SAGETV_HOME%/SageTV/plugins/sre4/sre.log.

Based on the SRE.log, this definitely looks like an SRE problem related to enabling the option for "Ignore back to back recordings", which I have set to True. Even though the Celtics game was being recorded as a favorite, I was watching live for awhile and then turned the game off with about 1/2 hour to go. When I came back to the game, I found the recording had been stopped at 2:30. Because I had been watching live, it looks like SRE mistakenly (or correctly?) thought the next program was going to record and did not monitor the game. That seems like new behavior in v4, since I also used this option in v3 and do not remember this happening.

I'll just disable that feature for now, since it's primary use is for Sunday afternoon football and there's only 1 week left.

Here is the excerpt from the SRE log:

Code:
2011-12-25 14:26:00,003 INFO : 18268573/NBA Basketball: Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record.
2011-12-25 14:28:00,003 INFO : 18268573/NBA Basketball: Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record.
2011-12-25 14:30:00,003 INFO : 18268573/NBA Basketball: Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record.
2011-12-25 14:59:30,222 INFO : 18268562/Men in Black II: Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record.
2011-12-25 15:00:00,003 INFO : 18268562/Men in Black II: Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record.
2011-12-25 15:02:00,003 INFO : 18268562/Men in Black II: Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record.
The same issue occurred later in the day for the Packers/Bears game. I had that one set up as a manual recording and was watching it live. The game ended on time, but it seems from the log that it also would not have extended due to the "back to back" flag.

Code:
2011-12-25 23:25:00,013 INFO : 18282618/NFL Football: Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record.
2011-12-25 23:27:00,013 INFO : 18282618/NFL Football: Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record.
2011-12-25 23:29:00,013 INFO : 18282618/NFL Football: Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record.
2011-12-25 23:30:00,247 INFO : 18282610/7 News: Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record.
2011-12-25 23:32:00,013 INFO : 18282610/7 News: Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record.
2011-12-25 23:34:00,013 INFO : 18282610/7 News: Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record.
Hope this helps and thanks as always!

Brian