SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

EPG Sort?

Is there any way to change the sort of the EPG?

I had gone to sorting by Channel name before I started using Phoenix since I have a mix of digital OTA, QAM and STB channels, so the numbers were all over the place.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Another thought about EPG sorting

This morning as I pulled up the local morning news show through the guide I thought to myself that it would be really cool to have options to sort the EPG with the 'Top Ten' channels first. Would probably make sense to show the top ten at the beginning of the guide and again in the sequential listing. Would still want the option of alphabetical listing. It might also be nice for the top ten to be customizable - top ten recorded channels and top ten manually tuned channels. Perhaps even customization of how many top channels to group - some people may only want a handful.

This would probably be especially handy in the mini-guide.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Upon further thought

Thinking more about this it seems to me that just an option for the mini guide to display the top 'x' channels (user variable). I think I could pretty much operate completely out of that.
We seem to really only watch the same channels pretty much all the time. That being said - news/weather channels I almost never record but frequently tune would not show on the list if was based on top 'x' recordings. I suppose it would have to be based on tracking the tuning of the channel.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:14 AM
SageTVaholic

There was a plugin in v6 called Favorite Channels List. Favorite Channels List I'm not sure if he did a version for v7. And if you install it the old fashioned way it may work. (With a little work in Studio.)

Quote:
This import will allow the SageTV standard EPG display to limit the channels displayed to a list that you create with this plugin. You can also choose among many different lists of channels while inside the EPG display. I have grouped my HDTV channels in one list. My local channels in another and the SDTV cable channels in a third. It will install a menu entry in Custom setup options in detailed setup. If you use NIELM's dynamic menus then the menu screen name to use is "Favorite Channel Lists". Just unzip this to the SageTV directory beneath the installation directory - usually "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV". Included is a usage instruction manual that should explain how to use this plugin. Specifically the file is "Favorite Channel Lists.pdf". By default it is installed to the SageTV directory. Also included is a version that will import into the SageMC STV by mlbdude. The name of the SageMC version of this import is FCLforSageMCv?.?.?.xml where the question marks are the version number.
Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I was thinking an automated list based on use. It's all good and fine for me to define my favorites but the rest of the gang probably wouldn't appreciate it too much.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I am basing my view off of the "phoenix.view.source.allimportedvideo" which includes the entire folder structure above. However, I want this view only to show titles within the "Other" sub-folder and its children.

The current behavior from the code snippet I provided is that ALL titles are being shown from the entire hierarchy. It seems that the "root" vfs option is being ignored or not being specified properly.

To put it more simply, when I click on my new view in BMT, it displays the same titles as if I click on the "phoenix.view.source.allimportedvideo" view.
Having the same issue... is there a way to get the "root" option to work? Or an alternate workaround?
Old 04-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Sage User

Me too. Has anyone figured this out.
I had v6 set up and running great with menus and filepath filters.
Very frustrated with v7.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Sage User

Got the ROOT to work finally

I discovered that the ROOT function does not like spaces.

I had to rename all the directories that I wish to use with ROOT so that there is no space in the folder name.

So import source is set at:
\\Design1\Library\Films

OLD file structure was (where \... = a separate folder for each video)
\\Design1\Library\Films\Collections\...
\\Design1\Library\Films\Disc Sets\...
\\Design1\Library\Films\Silent Movies\...
\\Design1\Library\Films\Subtitled Movies\...

NEW file structure that works with ROOT:
\\Design1\Library\Films\Collections\...
\\Design1\Library\Films\Discs\...
\\Design1\Library\Films\Silent\...
\\Design1\Library\Films\Subtitled\...

Took me several Saturday weekends to figure this one out. I could not find anything on this Forum.

Hope this helps someone and saved you all the anguish.
Enjoy,
JK
Old 12-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Sage User

Grouping by Actor name

If wife and I feel like watching a Doris Day movie, I like to have a folder showing all the selections.
Would like to create a view where I can select an actor and see list of all the movies I have for them.
In using the Phoenix grouper, the result I'm getting are folders entitled with entire cast -- like this [ActorName1 -- role; ActorName2 -- role; ActorName3 -- role; etc..] for each folder. This is rather useless.

These are the three approaches that I've tried with no success.
========
<view name="jk_films_actor" label=".Films - by actor">
<view-source name="phoenix.view.primary.importedmovies" >
<filter by="filepath" value="Films"/>
</view-source>
<presentation>
<group by="metadata">
<option name="field" value="Actor"/>
<option name="empty-foldername" value="Missing Actor"/>
</group>
</presentation>
</view>

<view name="jk_films_x-ser-Cast" label=".Films - by x-ser-Cast">
</view-source>
<presentation>
<group by="metadata">
<option name="field" value="x-ser-Cast"/>
</group>
</presentation>
</view>

<view name="jk_films_actorname" label=".Films - by actor name">
</view-source>
<presentation>
<group by="metadata">
<option name="field" value="Name"/>
</group>
</presentation>
</view>

===========
Note -- the bottom 2 views just provide one folder entitled "Missing Actor".

Any advice???

Last edited by kolakowj; 12-09-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

I think what you are looking for doesn't exist. You would need a specialized grouper for Actor, which doesn't exist.

The Metadata grouper is ok for simple fields with a single value, but unfortunately it doesn't work well for list fields.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Basically there is a limitation in the views in that you cannot have more than one <filter>. I'm looking into changing that, but for now, what you'd do is something like this...

1. Create a View that filters by your moviesonly
2. Create a second view that uses the first view as a view source and then filter that second view using the genre filter.
Was this ever changed? The reason I ask is that it seems to work fine. I have been using some views with multiple filters for a month or more. All I had to do was update the vfs.dtd to allow that to be valid.

(As an aside, somehow I got the views in there without failing the validation. It didn't fail until I restarted sage today, which is what lead me to look into this. I then changed the vfs.dtd)
Old 05-20-2013, 05:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
Was this ever changed? The reason I ask is that it seems to work fine. I have been using some views with multiple filters for a month or more. All I had to do was update the vfs.dtd to allow that to be valid.

(As an aside, somehow I got the views in there without failing the validation. It didn't fail until I restarted sage today, which is what lead me to look into this. I then changed the vfs.dtd)
You are correct, in that if you modify the DTD, you can add multiple AND filters at the root level. It has always allowed this at the code level.

The reason why I've never enabled it, is because, using multiple filters at the root level is ambiguous. ie, if I specify 3 filters, are they ANDed, or ORed? (The answer is they are ANDed, but what if you wanted it ORed?)

So, because I've never fully built in the ability set a mode ('and' or 'or') then I've always left it as a single filter option in the dtd.

At this point, I'm not sure if I'll ever get the time to fully implement filters at the root level, so I might was well, just enable it at the dtd, with the stipulation that it is ONLY supported AND filters at that level.