SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hello,

I'm writing to confirm the latest version of BMT. I currently have 4.10.1, but I see references to BMT4.5. Is there a later version available?
Old 01-26-2016, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkmanCDN View Post
Hello,

I'm writing to confirm the latest version of BMT. I currently have 4.10.1, but I see references to BMT4.5. Is there a later version available?
4.10.x is newer than 4.5.x
Old 01-27-2016, 06:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkmanCDN View Post
Hello,

Does BMT also have a numerical limitation on the episode number? For example:

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon - S02E104 - 2015-07-13 - Paul Rudd, Echosmith SDTV.mp4

This episode has 3 digits and it seems to get imported (along with all the other episodes with 3 digits) as a movie.
Many years ago it did have that limitation... but it hasn't existed for a long time.

Most likely is that the lookup for "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" failed, and the default behaviour when something fails is to try and search it using a movie, and then if that fails, it just gets added as a movie.

You could try adding a Matcher for "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" and that should work. You can do that within BMT. (Add Matcher I think it's called... you basically do a lookup and find the metadata firtst, manually, and then click save and then click Add Matcher... if all your files are in a "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" directory, then use the directory option.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Delete fanart

Total BMT noob here. I did read the available docs, but they didn't cover my issues:
1. How do I get it to grab metadata based on filename? My recordings are named SeriesName-Episodename.ext, and with the Sage9 update about 50 of them suddently became "no data". I'd like to use BMT to fix that by scanning the filename to get & set the correct metadata. But when I search for files with "no data" and then select one to find metadata, it finds nothing, and I can't see a way to get it to search based on the filename.
2. I told it I didn't want fanart, but I found my drive now filled with it. Can I just delete it (and will it then stay deleted? I don't use it and don't want it taking up space).
3. Similarly, can I just delete (or put into a .zip file) and store elsewhere, if they are useful, all of the .properties files that got created? - and keep them from being created unless I ask for them specifically?
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.