SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I believe if you go to Configure->SageTV->Metadata settings and make sure 'Update .properties when changed' is not checked and it shouldn't create .properties files anymore.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagal View Post
Yes, I believe if you go to Configure->SageTV->Metadata settings and make sure 'Update .properties when changed' is not checked and it shouldn't create .properties files anymore.
I believe that will; not update the properties if it has changed not stop it from being created.

The property you want is
Automatic Fanart/Metadata under phoenix settings. Of course then you would not get automatic fanart.

Automatic Fanart/Metadata
Sage Property phoenix/fanart/automatedFanartEnabled
Data Type bool
Description Automatically fetch Fanart/Metadata for all Sage Media as they are added to the media library, this includes TV shows once they are finished recording.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-26-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I believe that will; not update the properties if it has changed not stop it from being created.

The property you want is
Automatic Fanart/Metadata under phoenix settings. Of course then you would not get automatic fanart.

Automatic Fanart/Metadata
Sage Property phoenix/fanart/automatedFanartEnabled
Data Type bool
Description Automatically fetch Fanart/Metadata for all Sage Media as they are added to the media library, this includes TV shows once they are finished recording.
and all of those are found by entering the BMT setup web url via localhost:8080 (whatever your settings)?
when you say "automatic" fanart, does that mean NO fanart will be created?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 06-26-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
and all of those are found by entering the BMT setup web url via localhost:8080 (whatever your settings)?
when you say "automatic" fanart, does that mean NO fanart will be created?
Yes, the settings are found by entering the BMT url.

If you change the settings as per nyplayer then no fanart and metadata will be updated, the setting I pointed you to is the correct one, as per the BMT User Guide:

Quote:
SageTV Settings that affect BMT
The Configuration panel of the Web Interface, there is a SageTV node that contains 2 configuration sections; Debug Settings and Metadata Settings

If you are seeing .properties files being created after installing BMT it’s probably because the the setting, Update .properties when changed is enabled in the Metadata Settings section.

BMT doesn’t create .properties, but as a side effect of updating SageTV metadata, SageTV will by default persist those new changes as .properties. Those files are not required by SageTV or BMT, they are simply a backup, and it is perfectly ok to turn off their creation using the above setting.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagal View Post
Yes, the settings are found by entering the BMT url.

If you change the settings as per nyplayer then no fanart and metadata will be updated, the setting I pointed you to is the correct one, as per the BMT User Guide:
hehe - ok, thanks. It is a little daunting for this noob, but I am glad you folks can help
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Sage User

title not sorted

Hi I installed BMT
I'm not sure what happened after I went into the web interface of BMT.
But all my video title are out of order. there are ot sorted from A to Z
there is a _ at the beginning of some titles. like in the pic in the attachment.
- "12 Angry Men"
But not in others.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png sage1.png (615.8 KB, 368 views)
File Type: png sage2.png (588.8 KB, 360 views)
Old 12-21-2012, 07:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkmoon View Post
Hi I installed BMT
I'm not sure what happened after I went into the web interface of BMT.
But all my video title are out of order. there are ot sorted from A to Z
there is a _ at the beginning of some titles. like in the pic in the attachment.
- "12 Angry Men"
But not in others.
Thanks
What did you do in BMT? Did you tell it to do a full scan?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Sage User

Don't remember
Even if I did a full scan why would it mess things up that bad?
Old 12-22-2012, 07:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkmoon View Post
Don't remember
Even if I did a full scan why would it mess things up that bad?
Not in my experience... but since you are posting this in the BMT group, and you think that BMT had something to do with it... then it would help to know exactly what you did in BMT
Old 12-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

That's the result you get when you have a movie with a blank "Title" field. It just shows the "Episode" field, which would normally also contains the title for a movie.

John
Old 12-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Sage User

Thanks JREkiwi
Much appreciated
Old 05-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Help please. I've just copied a bunch of TV shows (mostly avi files) to my sage TV recordings folder (I have a seperate folder where archived TV shows get put).

I've been working with BMT to get the metadata, but there's a problem. When the shows first showed up, they all came in as "Movies" in BMT. I was able to change them using a batch process to TV shows, but now the fanart location is pointing to the movies folder. I was able to manually search for metadata for all shows, and BMT scraped them and put them in the TV folder for fanart, but the fanart location for each show is still something like "C:/Fanart/Movies/...". I need it to be "C:/Fanart/TV/..."

Help? I'm sure there is something very simple to fix this, but I cannot find any references.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Help please. I've just copied a bunch of TV shows (mostly avi files) to my sage TV recordings folder (I have a seperate folder where archived TV shows get put).

I've been working with BMT to get the metadata, but there's a problem. When the shows first showed up, they all came in as "Movies" in BMT. I was able to change them using a batch process to TV shows, but now the fanart location is pointing to the movies folder. I was able to manually search for metadata for all shows, and BMT scraped them and put them in the TV folder for fanart, but the fanart location for each show is still something like "C:/Fanart/Movies/...". I need it to be "C:/Fanart/TV/..."

Help? I'm sure there is something very simple to fix this, but I cannot find any references.
Did you scan them in BMT, so that BMT could determine if they were movies or TV shows?
Old 10-27-2015, 01:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Out of curiosity, I've used Playon to record some episodes of "Pawn Stars" I matched the TVDB naming which incidently uses S2015eXX. I'm wondering why BMT keeps thinking it's a movie since it's a perfect match for TVDB. Is it possibly the fact that they're using 4 Digit Season code instead of the usual 2?

I tried creating a match:
<match>
<regex>[\\/]Pawn Stars[\\/]</regex>
<metadata type="tv" name="tvdb">111051</metadata>
</match>

But it still failed to identify it as a TV series.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2015, 02:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
Out of curiosity, I've used Playon to record some episodes of "Pawn Stars" I matched the TVDB naming which incidently uses S2015eXX. I'm wondering why BMT keeps thinking it's a movie since it's a perfect match for TVDB. Is it possibly the fact that they're using 4 Digit Season code instead of the usual 2?

I tried creating a match:
<match>
<regex>[\\/]Pawn Stars[\\/]</regex>
<metadata type="tv" name="tvdb">111051</metadata>
</match>

But it still failed to identify it as a TV series.

Thanks
Did you refresh the configuration (and/or restart sagetv) after maching the changes? (assuming you manually added this to the xml.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, it's restated several times since then. I manually correct it but wondered if there was something I was missing.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:58 AM
SageTVaholic

And your recordings are in a "Pawn Stars" directory? (since that's what the regex is matching)... Could you post a complete file path of a recording... I can try to test it here.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

full path in my case is:
U:\Imported_Media\Television\Pawn Stars\Season2015\
filename example is
Pawn Stars - S2015E31 - Penny for Your Pawn

Sage Picks it up but BMT marks it as movie, my assumption was it was because the season is 2015 but I suspect you would know best.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
full path in my case is:
U:\Imported_Media\Television\Pawn Stars\Season2015\
filename example is
Pawn Stars - S2015E31 - Penny for Your Pawn

Sage Picks it up but BMT marks it as movie, my assumption was it was because the season is 2015 but I suspect you would know best.
Yeah, it's because of the 2015 You can fix this locally, by changing theil file Title-s00e00.xml in the STVs/Phoenix/scrapers/xbmc/tvfilenames/ directory.

https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv-...tle-s00e00.xml

Change the [0-9]{1,2} to [0-9]{1,4} (3 places in the file) and that will allow a season to have 4 digits. Currently BMT only support a season up to 99.

If you change this file locally, then you'll need to restart sagetv for it to take effect.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'll make that change. Thanks for your help!